Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48668 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2018, 01:25:51 am »

Quote from: killerhellhound on April 08, 2018, 07:12:57 pm
Roe takes the moment of peace in the fighting to adjust his his armor straps they were feeling louse after the charge (Ward against physical damage) glancing at the archer

"Do you know who the new arrival is and if he is here to help us?"

Look around for anymore demons as well as any other threats
Quote from: Sir Elventide on April 09, 2018, 07:02:39 am
Spoiler: Nagisa's Arsenal (click to show/hide)

Nagisa shrugged as she motioned to the old man standing on the roof. "Are you talking about him?" she asked. "Because I'd never met him before."

Continue to scan for more enemies.

The old man clicks his tongue. The voice sounds quite familiar with Ryo.
He clasps his hand across his scalp and leans back. "Looks like the manifestation wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected."

With a smile he begins to clap. "Well done! Truly a stellar job, am I right? No-one got hurt by the looks..."

A woman clad in a muddy pink dress brushes past him on the rooftops. "Is that Hway?" Youka murmurs.
She whispers something to him, but none of you can hear it from down here.

"Huh? Is he on our side or not!?" Youka asks. "If--why doesn't she just attack him if he's--"

The young woman called Hway leaps down from the roof. Miya gasps as the woman touches down with the grace of a feather instead of breaking her legs.
"I don't know who's side he is on," the woman declares. She sees the new faces, and adds, "Youka."
"Then is he with Geography...?"
"Geography didn't start this. That being just entered the world, not more than a few days ago. It's depressing how weak he was. How he triggered a manifestation is beyond me."

She looks up to see Makiko riding her Morrigan in the sky above? "I trust you've got this handled?"
"Er... she's a newcomer," Youka admits. Hway seems perplexed. Suddenly she glares toward Nagisa and Ryo.

"You two. How long since you entered this world? A week? Months?"

[combat is paused]

Quote from: HighEndNoob on April 09, 2018, 09:44:29 pm
...I've not the slightest idea what happened, but I'll roll with it.

"Makoto, you alright? That looked rather painful, to say the least."

Check the surroundings for any imminent lingering threats, then head over to Makoto to assess the 'damages.'

Struggling to breath, Makoto raises a thumb's up. "It ain't the end for me yet pal. You're okay?"

He sits up and dusts himself off, groaning with every movement. "Quite a beating... we can take... heh. You alright?"
You notice that both of his eyes are missing.

"I can see you don't got a lot of scratches on you..."

Quote from: Ozarck on April 10, 2018, 07:15:14 am
"Are you ... life and death, perhaps? Should I place this mask on one of your faces to open the lock?"

The two figures both lean forward, brushing up against one another as if competing. With the unmasked part of their faces they both stare at you, the lion clothed in white, and the lamb clothed in black. Both seem to want the mask.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:23:36 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2018, 06:58:37 am »

Alright. Risky decision time it is then. Place the mask on the Lamb in Black. Prepare for trouble.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2018, 10:34:24 am »

Well I decided being dead sucked so I got up yesterday and so far everyone I've met has been hunting me starting with a militia and ending with this big demon worm

Be cranky
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2018, 11:05:43 pm »

For some reason, something didn't feel right with this woman. Though Nagisa couldn't put a finger on why she felt that way, she wasn't ready to discount the possibility of there being another enemy ability user around. Of course, she could just be paranoid if not still high on adrenaline from fighting a battle. If only she was actually paranoid! After all, relief that comes after needless paranoia is quite welcoming. What comes from paranoia that is justified, however...

"Centuries ago, I was an inventor's apprentice from La Serenissima, the Serene Republic of Venice, before taking my own life to avoid execution for murdering my master," Nagisa grumbled. "I awoke inside a hunted girl's body last night, confused and lost, until Youka enlightened me and Makiko of this strange new existence. Now, I'm here to learn more about this 'Ghost Hunting Club' to get stronger and to get closure for myself and the one previously known as Nagisa."

Suddenly, Nagisa aimed her Celestial Repeater at the strange woman. "Now, let me ask you some questions. Uno, who are you? Due, what do you want? Finally, tre, do you stand with us or do you stand against us? Trouble us and you will regret it."

If the strange woman proved to be hostile, fire three guided arrows and focus on using two Presence to direct them int her head. If she don't, lower the weapon.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2018, 12:23:02 am »

"...yeah, there's a reason for that. I'm going to assume that our abilities also come with enhanced healing, so you just... stay here for now. I'll chase after the villain."

Come to think of it, where'd that abrasive girl from before go? Did she give chase, or...
Gaius looked over at the ppile of bodies on the ground. Better keep that thought for later.

With that, Gaius looked over to where the pale beings jumped off the roof. I seemed to travel through the fire back then, so maybe I can repeat that move to get on the roof.

Set a nearby vine aflame, then grab my burning pilum and throw it over the roof. Then try to walk through the flames, like before.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2018, 12:30:17 am »

Mitsuru rejoins the regular world. If she can.

"Interesting."

She looks around. Where is she exactly now?
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2018, 02:20:11 am »

"...yeah, there's a reason for that. I'm going to assume that our abilities also come with enhanced healing, so you just... stay here for now. I'll chase after the villain."

Come to think of it, where'd that abrasive girl from before go? Did she give chase, or...
Gaius looked over at the ppile of bodies on the ground. Better keep that thought for later.

With that, Gaius looked over to where the pale beings jumped off the roof. I seemed to travel through the fire back then, so maybe I can repeat that move to get on the roof.

Set a nearby vine aflame, then grab my burning pilum and throw it over the roof. Then try to walk through the flames, like before.

"Aye man..." the fellow student cracks a salute. "You better get going. I'll patch myself up!"

Ripping your pilum out of the ground, you start a brushfire, and then lean backward to charge your throw. With a quick sprint, you let go of the flaming spear and let it arc up into the sky and down onto the roof.

From thereon you enter the blaze you started. Roaring with heat yet tamed by your will, it hasn't spread from its starting point. Like an itching sensation on the hairs of your arms, you feel all fires nearby... a multitude of tiny fires in the city, on stovetops and fireplaces, so many that you couldn't count even if you tried. If only you could see through the flames, more than just a sensation of their presence, you could be sure of where you land. But your pilum speaks to you on another level entirely. You always know its location.

Emerging from the blaze, you step foot on cracked concrete and place your arm on your weapon. It seems stuck.

And before you is your opponent. A calm old man with his hands in his pockets. His arsenal of impractical arms and his personal guard are nowhere to be seen. Instead, he has with him a folding chair made of wood. A small potted Yew tree sits beside the chair, and its crown bears a fruit shaped like Ryo's head and face.
"Ah, good timing. Have a seat," he points to the chair behind you.
"I don't expect your forgiveness, but I'd like to offer my surrender. I'm not quite in the position to achieve my goals as of yet," he says.
"But..." he smiles. "If you're willing to let me go, I'm more than willing to give out a few secrets of mine. If I told you that I am part of the reason you stand alive today, would that quell some of the fever in you?"

Mitsuru rejoins the regular world. If she can.

"Interesting."

She looks around. Where is she exactly now?

Your eyes see darkness all over. In this endless, silent expanse, the howl of wind is the only thing to greet you.

And yet, not all is gone. You spot vague shapes in the black sky. Clouds. And the focused of the sun, obscured as it may be, appears to you as a faint globe in the sky.
Whatever this place is, it doesn't seem to be fully isolated from reality. You recall that you had just made a trip somehow to the empty land of your past life, and surmise that this alternate, faded out version of reality could be a similar space, albeit... a failed version perhaps? Its secrets aren't calling themselves out. You look around and try to find a landmark, something you could use to pinpoint your location, and you recall your ally's flaming spear.

You see a fire burning on the ground nearby, and decide that you haven't teleported from your original position. Your will brings you back into the real world.

However, the blazing pike you expected turned out to be a mere fire burning on the ground. The only human you see is a different boy, one wearing an American Civil War-era uniform, hastily patching himself up with bandages from a purse of his.
Behind him is a trench dug out by shovels, tossed around to the sides and discarded. Inside the trench are human skeletons with muskets, limp and inanimate, some missing limbs, mostly held together by the remaining rags of their uniforms.

You are still next to the school. Hway is nowhere to be seen. Neither are those creatures that attacked you... their bodies may be fueling the fire. You still have your German carbine.

But most importantly of all, something has changed in the behavior of the crows overhead. There are a fair bit more of them than before. And a good portion of them, you'd estimate about half, are roosting in the overgrown plants that are taking over the school field. They're pecking at it, hacking away at it with their beaks, and carving up the dead bodies of slain creatures. The track students are still hiding out in the covered bleachers to protect themselves from the crows.

Alright. Risky decision time it is then. Place the mask on the Lamb in Black. Prepare for trouble.

You hand over the mask to the lamb. She undoes the lock on the gate, allowing the lion to enter and disappear into the forest.
A fist-sized chunk of hail falls at your feet. Hearing the roar of violent weather starting to pick up, you cover your head and close your eyes.

Morrigan still carries you in the sky, flanked by a new multitude of crows. You don't quite remember there being this many.
The new crows are roosting among the infested plants and flowers, picking away at the fleshy parts and leaving nothing but brightly-colored crimson petals left. From above you see that the whole field is turning into nothing but red petals as the crows take away the infestation.

You see your friends clustered next to the school, along with a new figure clad in purple. Morrigan turns her head to look you in the eye, as if ready to take your order.

Well I decided being dead sucked so I got up yesterday and so far everyone I've met has been hunting me starting with a militia and ending with this big demon worm

Be cranky

"Mmmm," she acknowledges. "It's impossible not to attract attention as a new arrival. That must mean Youka--"
"Not him, I--" Youka starts, clad in her normal school uniform. "Nagisa!"

Both girls look over to find Nagisa pointing a loaded weapon at the newcomer.

For some reason, something didn't feel right with this woman. Though Nagisa couldn't put a finger on why she felt that way, she wasn't ready to discount the possibility of there being another enemy ability user around. Of course, she could just be paranoid if not still high on adrenaline from fighting a battle. If only she was actually paranoid! After all, relief that comes after needless paranoia is quite welcoming. What comes from paranoia that is justified, however...

"Centuries ago, I was an inventor's apprentice from La Serenissima, the Serene Republic of Venice, before taking my own life to avoid execution for murdering my master," Nagisa grumbled. "I awoke inside a hunted girl's body last night, confused and lost, until Youka enlightened me and Makiko of this strange new existence. Now, I'm here to learn more about this 'Ghost Hunting Club' to get stronger and to get closure for myself and the one previously known as Nagisa."

Suddenly, Nagisa aimed her Celestial Repeater at the strange woman. "Now, let me ask you some questions. Uno, who are you? Due, what do you want? Finally, tre, do you stand with us or do you stand against us? Trouble us and you will regret it."

If the strange woman proved to be hostile, fire three guided arrows and focus on using two Presence to direct them int her head. If she don't, lower the weapon.

Youka jumps in front of her. "Wait! This girl is part of our club."
A pale hand rests on her shoulder.
"Youka, thanks." the newcomer steps past her, eyes on your weapon. "But for real, if I felt truly threatened..." she squints her eyes and glances at the deceased giant serpent's body coiled in a big circle surrounding the lot of you. A pink star twinkles in her outstretched left hand.

"You said you killed your master in your past life? That must have been difficult. So the two of you are both new? Fair enough."
She clenches her left fist.
"Then let me tell you my story. Since being reborn, I have spent over a thousand years on this planet," she starts. Youka listens with a puzzled look on her face.

"It started in Britain... a woman had tried to drown herself in a river near St. Stephen's Cathedral. My newly granted life started as being swept down the river. I thought it was all part of the long dream, some cruel, hopeless illusion, but I almost drowned back then.
I don't normally tell people this. A dragon saved me. Literally one of those dragons you see in paintings and movies, err, mainly paintings.
Youka knows. She's the president of the club after all."
Youka frowns. "Yet you're telling this to newbies? Do you want them to join Geography?"

"I disagree!" Hway turns. "Let me continue. The dragon taught me many things. It taught me Middle English... it taught me how to address a king, things that only the most privileged elite were supposed to know. The dragon had some kind of plan for me. It also taught me magic.
And yet, none of it ever came to fruition. We did some stuff, talked to a few nobles, but in the end I thought the dragon was going to try to change the way things were in the world. Instead, we sat in a cave for the next few decades. My body never got older, but my mind couldn't take it anymore. I killed my dragon."

She bows her head, almost in reverence.

"Since then, it's been the same. Lost souls are reincarnated, brought to life by the powers of hideous creatures. Every time they had the chance to change the world, nothing came about. But in this modern era..." Hway points at the school.
"So many people gathered into one place... with the Arrivals in this school alone, we could change the world if we gathered enough people. So to answer your question, Lady of Venice, my purpose is hopefully the same as yours. I want justice in this world. I want to build a place in this world for all the lost spirits, free from the beast's influence. Starting with... the Ghost Hunting club."
Youka snickers. "Well, I suppose you can call it a start. We do need to branch out."
She looks back toward Hway, expecting a response. But Hway's eyes are locked onto you and Ryo.

"HOWEVER!" she raises her voice. "I now suspect the beasts are moving against us. Last night I felt a sudden drop in magical levels across the city. Something similar happens each time a new arrival comes into the world," she points toward the both of you.
"I suspect, that if ten or so beasts decided at the same time to bring lost souls into this world, then it would have created exactly that kind of disturbance. That makes both of you suspects. Geography has the beasts on their side. They'd know too. So, as for what I want of you, it's simple.

I want you two to NOT join Youka's club!"

"Huh???" Youka shouts in disbelief.

"Befriend your beasts. Let them give you their secrets, and then tell me everything. That's what I want."

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 15, 2018, 10:48:03 am »

Nagisa was perplexed. She didn't know whether to believe Hway or consider it nonsense. These monsters, these 'demons', who wish to devour their souls, are actually responsible for bring them into this world to begin with? How? Why? Hway may have spoke of a dragon 'demon' who'd helped her get to the point she is now but one of these 'demons', a lion-bush hybrid, attacked Makiko and her last night. Could it be possible that not all 'demons' are out to get them? Could it be possible that, like Miya's dragon, some actually want to aid humans? So much questions and so few answers!

"My apologies, signora of England," Nagisa said as she lowered her weapon. "I'll do my best to rein in my impulses."

Thinking for a moment, Nagisa added, "If only I had your master. This dragon 'demon' seemed to have your best interests at heart unlike my master, who was selfish and prideful. It wasn't that hard to kill him; I'd just tricked him into mistaking a specially made trap for a new invention and let his pride be his downfall. Perhaps the dragon merely wanted to impart onto you the necessary knowledge and skills to change the world so that you can eventually do so on your own? As an apprentice, I'd learned that one's purpose is to learn the necessary skills of one's trade so that they can eventually start off on their own once their master stops holding their hand. As much of a thief and attention hog he was, even my master taught me all I knew. Perhaps your dragon master have had similar intentions in mind?"

"Anyway, can you please explain why you don't want us to join Youka's club?"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:31:49 pm by Sir Elventide »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 15, 2018, 11:18:54 pm »

Makiko scans the sky, the rooftops, and the land to see if we are clear of enemies. If it seems that we are, or that the only potential enemies are near her friends, she'll wait for the crows to finish their tasks then land near Nagisa, thanking the Morrigan for it's good service. Then she will allow her chained spirits to depart.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 16, 2018, 01:23:02 am »

It can't be this easy. This screams trap. But as much as I don't like this, it might be a step to finding out the truth. As Cicero said, the first duty of a man is the seeking after the truth.

"Alright, I'll hear you out. I'd prefer to stand though, if that acceptable."

Let the strange being speak, while watching for any traps he might've set.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:26:44 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 16, 2018, 02:56:34 am »

So you are saying the demons brought us back and have an unknown motive aside from yours wanted to sit in a cave waiting for the right time. Well I do want answers and what ever it is deserves to be at least heard after giving me a second chance at life.

sheathe my sword there are no more enemies here
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2018, 02:57:54 pm »

Mitsuru, watching the diplomacy resolve decides to visit the crows. How did she manage to commute between here and her death dream? Said dream world would make a useful cache.

"Hello, kin." She mumbles to the crows.

If possible tempt a crow onto my arm with some kind of garbage and slip into the dim alternate reality. Watch how the crow behaves. Perhaps the secrets of my power are self-evident.

If they attack me slip away(tm) before they touch me.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2018, 02:18:33 am »

Mitsuru, watching the diplomacy resolve decides to visit the crows. How did she manage to commute between here and her death dream? Said dream world would make a useful cache.

"Hello, kin." She mumbles to the crows.

If possible tempt a crow onto my arm with some kind of garbage and slip into the dim alternate reality. Watch how the crow behaves. Perhaps the secrets of my power are self-evident.

If they attack me slip away(tm) before they touch me.

You pick up some choice fleshy matter from next to your feet and present it to the ravenous flock. Two individuals, perhaps mates, touch down several meters and start to waddle over, eyeing you nervously as if they know you are experimenting on them.

But it seems hunger took precedence. One of them pecks at the fleshy matter in your hand, and you pull it back and position it further up on your arm to coax the bird into climbing up on your arm.
The other crow flies over and lands on your arm, prompting the other to follow and start pecking at the 'food'.

Time to do this again. You try to remember what you can from the dream of black wasteland, and gradually your vision cuts to black from around the edges, culminating in total darkness. Your eyes begin to adjust.
The crow who first approached you continues eating; his mate, however, you can feel trembling as she stands on your arm. You can't see them due to the lack of light, but they are certainly moving around, and possibly quite disturbed by the turn of events.

It can't be this easy. This screams trap. But as much as I don't like this, it might be a step to finding out the truth. As Cicero said, the first duty of a man is the seeking after the truth.

"Alright, I'll hear you out. I'd prefer to stand though, if that acceptable."

Let the strange being speak, while watching for any traps he might've set.

"The student you see here," he taps the face-shaped fruit on the shrubbery. "Is just like you, in terms of these powers you've acquired.
You see, he and I have something in common. Lots, actually. We go way back, although he probably doesn't know me personally. Embodying yourself is fun like that. Always tricky to diagnose what's going on."

He reaches his arms out and stretches while yawning.
"I dare say your situation could be similar to his, in exactly the same way. I'm sure that my counterpart from your side has just the same in mind for you as I have in mind for my student. Though I can't say he chose the same methodology. Maybe he'll cheer up if you say hello."

Makiko scans the sky, the rooftops, and the land to see if we are clear of enemies. If it seems that we are, or that the only potential enemies are near her friends, she'll wait for the crows to finish their tasks then land near Nagisa, thanking the Morrigan for it's good service. Then she will allow her chained spirits to depart.

From your high vantage point, you spot two people on the roof: someone dressed in flaming armor, standing next to his complementary flaming spear, and an elderly man sitting in a lawn chair next to a strange tree with a peach-colored fruit on the top.

You also spot the two monsters who were dealing with the infestation out in the field, both now approaching the bleachers which are full of students. The spiny wyvern is crawling on its two front legs, its protrusions drenched in sap, while the once rainbow-colored moth has changed its color to match the green turf around the bleachers. It crawls slowly, allowing its long stinger to trail behind its body close to the ground.

Your friends continue speaking with Youka, Miya, and the new girl.

So you are saying the demons brought us back and have an unknown motive aside from yours wanted to sit in a cave waiting for the right time. Well I do want answers and what ever it is deserves to be at least heard after giving me a second chance at life.

sheathe my sword there are no more enemies here

Your weapon is sheathed, but your mail remains.

"Excellent. I suspect they will make an effort to trick you. I'm certain they aren't listening right now, but if they're coordinated, they will figure it out sooner rather than later."

Nagisa was perplexed. She didn't know whether to believe Hway or consider it nonsense. These monsters, these 'demons', who wish to devour their souls, are actually responsible for bring them into this world to begin with? How? Why? Hway may have spoke of a dragon 'demon' who'd helped her get to the point she is now but one of these 'demons', a lion-bush hybrid, attacked Makiko and her last night. Could it be possible that not all 'demons' are out to get them? Could it be possible that, like Miya's dragon, some actually want to aid humans? So much questions and so few answers!

"My apologies, signora of England," Nagisa said as she lowered her weapon. "I'll do my best to rein in my impulses."

Thinking for a moment, Nagisa added, "If only I had your master. This dragon 'demon' seemed to have your best interests at heart unlike my master, who was selfish and prideful. It wasn't that hard to kill him; I'd just tricked him into mistaking a specially made trap for a new invention and let his pride be his downfall. Perhaps the dragon merely wanted to impart onto you the necessary knowledge and skills to change the world so that you can eventually do so on your own? As an apprentice, I'd learned that one's purpose is to learn the necessary skills of one's trade so that they can eventually start off on their own once their master stops holding their hand. As much of a thief and attention hog he was, even my master taught me all I knew. Perhaps your dragon master have had similar intentions in mind?"

"Anyway, can you please explain why you don't want us to join Youka's club?"

Youka is the one to answer. "The Ghost Hunting Club is about hunting these monsters. The first thing we teach everyone is how to defend themselves, and routinely we go on patrols at night to rescue people that get threatened."

"Yes, that's the problem." Hway takes over. "If the long dead dragon of Camelot makes for a good example, your beasts won't make a move until an opportunity arises for them. There may be no end to their patience.
Simply put, I have no idea what they are planning. If they seek to kill you, rest assured that I'll be watching."
She glances over toward the bleachers, full of students.

"There are two members of the Geography club over there. That club has a goal opposite to Youka's club; they've been taming their beasts for combat."
"Ummm..." Miya stammers. "Are some of these... monsters... friendly? I couldn't imagine Lilith would be trying to eat me!"
"A fair number I've seen are benign, or even friendly. I can't say I know for sure, though."

[/quote]

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 18, 2018, 03:25:00 pm »

Perhaps its not so self evident that a bird knows what to do with it.Mitsuru drops the food to see what happens when the crow lets go of her. Also she strolls into any near by object that see can't see, and walks back to her position and releases her power.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 18, 2018, 10:28:24 pm »

"So, let me get this straight: the Ghost Hunting Club wants to aid people by hunting down these 'demons' while the 'Geography' Club just want to tame them, the 'demons' who approach them just like Miya's dragon did," Nagisa said as she willed her Celestial Repeater into nonexistence. "What makes each club so bad that joining the other would be preferable? If there are good 'demon- 'monsters' out there, won't it be logical to... combine the two clubs? We can 'recruit' the benign monsters while hunting down the 'demons', the bad monsters."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:50:32 pm by Sir Elventide »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29