Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 126944 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Announced!
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2017, 08:55:58 pm »

Have fun breaching castles full of non-starving Str 15 freespawning boars.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2017, 07:06:36 am »

Note that:

Half dead is disease resistance 100% + needs not eat, it won't help in battle (except perhaps vs decay) by providing encumbranc 0 if that's what you expect.

Non-monkey animal units have their siege defence halved. Undisciplined also halves it.

Blood vengeance will have more through damage chekcs; apparently before you could trigger BV even if your attack was negated by ethereal (and thus no damage was done)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2017, 10:57:42 am »

Have fun breaching castles full of non-starving Str 15 freespawning boars.
Not really worth the pretender design cost considering you can do the same with bags of wine.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2017, 11:12:37 am »

Man, bags of wine should have negative garrison modifier - I'm not quite seeing how a few hundred perpetually drunk pigs could help much with repairing anything.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2017, 01:13:16 pm »

Non-monkey animal units have their siege defence halved. Undisciplined also halves it.

This is very welcome and frankly much-needed news, for all that I'll miss manning my walls with teeming hordes of wolves and hawks.

Not really worth the pretender design cost considering you can do the same with bags of wine.

Bags of wine use up emeralds that could be used for more Great Boars. Bags of wine also don't protect your garrison and druids against BVCs, which are always fun to use when you're under siege and the invaders are going to take a while to get in, if they even can.

If animals and the undisciplined are finally having their masonry nerfed, though, it's not that much of an issue since a boar will only be 0.56 siege defense. Not awful, but not the crazy 2.25 they are in Dom4.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:22:38 pm by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2017, 08:38:26 pm »

I played boar-only maverni in a multiplayer game, anything more then 5 provinces away from my capital was basically safe cause they end up a starved mess at best.

More options for more silly fun.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 11:14:59 pm »

Posting to watch. Quite a nice list of changes for the sequel.

I'd really, really like them to stop putting "Cancel" or "Exit" buttons at the bottom of scrolling lists, though. Having to scroll through the whole list to reach the exit button is pretty annoying if you don't have a scrollwheel (i.e. playing on a tablet).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2017, 01:14:57 pm »

Don't they usually have a barely visible x in the top right, too? Might be confusing it with CoE. Could swear there's a keyboard shortcut, though. Probably escape, can't recall.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »

No "x" but escape works in most contexts.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2017, 06:17:02 pm »

Playing on a tablet seems like it must be annoying in a lot of ways.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2017, 02:40:16 am »

Playing on a tablet seems like it must be annoying in a lot of ways.
It is, though mostly for stupid reasons like that. When you have a built-in digitizer to precisely click things (i.e. Surface tablets, Wacom tablets, or the Samsung ATIV series that I use), the biggest problems end up being things that force the use of the keyboard or the scrollwheel. The scrollwheel one is mostly just annoying. The occasional weird command that only exists as a keyboard shortcut can be solved with the onscreen keyboard. The Move command in the commander menu, on the other hand, just makes me want to bang my head against something. When you want a stealthy unit to attack a province, you need to Shift-click that province. If you just click, the unit sneaks. You can't shift-click with the onscreen keyboard. And the Move command in the commander menu exists only to pop up a message window saying that you need to use shift-click. Even though orders like move-patrol and raid use the exact same mechanic without issue.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2017, 07:24:30 am »

Have you tried to write about these button/shortcut issues on the official forum (whatever it is, now that Desura disappeared) ?

It seems like things the devs could do "easily", but haven't though about because they don't have the same use-cases.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2017, 08:13:01 am »

Have you tried to write about these button/shortcut issues on the official forum (whatever it is, now that Desura disappeared) ?
The official forum is now Steam. Devs don't actually use it though. Your best bet is probably the UI thread on dom3mods. There's beta testers there who will relay the message. If nothing else, the shift-click thing seems like something they could fix, since that's something you outright can't do, although convenience for a non-standard control scheme may not be top priority given how much other stuff they have to worry about for the new iteration.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 08:14:33 am »

I still read the thread from time to time and can report this complaint. I will also tell other beta testers about this thread so they can if they want.

If you want more info on the game and screenshots, I suggest you check http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showforum=37 especially the Pictures thread.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:18:23 am by Zonk »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2017, 11:25:53 am »

Devs do use the Steam forums - even beyond direct interactions, there have been suggestions silently pulled from conversations there and implemented - but they don't use it as much or as interactively. Not that I blame them, nor would I think for a moment that now in particular is a good time to contact them through them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 67