Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]  (Read 12941 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Graveyard]
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2017, 03:07:13 pm »

Nabid scratches his head again. "Well, if you don't think it's that dangerous you won't mind splitting up. Gobbo, you're with me."

Prevent him from killing the goblin and get a move on. He probably knows where to loot first.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2017, 04:20:32 am »

Pick my nose while I wait for my team to stop being stupid. When they do go with the knight into the depths
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2017, 01:57:45 pm »

"If that were the case, wouldn't sending a guard as a runner to sound the alarm be pointless? Obviously it can't be that dangerous as long as we keep aware, so last chance. Break the crystal, or off with your head."
give him one last chance to reconsider his life choices. If he refuses again, kill em and get a move on. Hopefully we can find the daughter's body intact.

"Well, since you were able to bring me back, I figured you might be able to do the same for others without making them into another soldier. I'm sure I can accommodate you lootwise, even if it's over more than one job. I just want to know if you're able and willing to concider it."
"Of course we wanted to sound the alarm. Traps have to be reset: shit costs us lower end goblins hours of labour. The dried blood around that hole in your armour should be more than enough of an indication that this isn't no fucking playground."

You take this as a sign of refusal, and prepare your sword for a final blow. Just before you swing, the dwarf pulls the goblin off to the side and sets off down the hallway, dragging your prisoner behind him. He glances back at you, and gives you an awful 'you-lose' sneer.

You take a moment to consider the pros-and-cons of striking down the new 'ally' as you follow them into the next room.

"Able? Absolutely~", Rathine begins as your crystal buzzes, "Willing? A whole other question entirely. Why do you think I brought you all back? Right now, you're offering me a non-specified reward for a specified cost. Give me a hard offer, something concrete, in your hands, and perhaps I'll reconsider. This girl is really worth something to you, isn't she~?"

Your crystal ceases its buzzing with a giggle.
(( So at this point I didn't strike the Goblin due to conflicting action. Feel free, if you want, to attack it next turn and I'll roll it. Felt it'd be more fair to give a turn buffer ))

Nabid scratches his head again. "Well, if you don't think it's that dangerous you won't mind splitting up. Gobbo, you're with me."

Prevent him from killing the goblin and get a move on. He probably knows where to loot first.
You haul the goblin away from his executioner, and set off into the next room. The goblin whispers, so only you can hear,
Spoiler: Nabid Only (click to show/hide)

Pick my nose while I wait for my team to stop being stupid. When they do go with the knight into the depths
You watch the drama unfold with a sigh. As the dwarf pulls the goblin prisoner past you,  you turn and walk beside Reynald into the next room.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:15:21 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2017, 02:13:11 pm »

start scouting to the left, since we are closest to that side. They mentioned traps being around, so be cautious and watch my step.
"Protecting and aiding the innocent means a great deal to me. You should know that since you did pick an inquisitor to raise from the dead as a "pet project". But then again you probably know very little about my past life too, necromancer."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:37:22 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »

Nabid nods. "Sounds like a plan."

Go exactly where the hostile-just-moments-prior thing says!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2017, 09:35:53 pm »

Walk with the knight and watch for traps if I see one tell the others
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2017, 10:49:30 pm »

start scouting to the left, since we are closest to that side. They mentioned traps being around, so be cautious and watch my step.
"Protecting and aiding the innocent means a great deal to me. You should know that since you did pick an inquisitor to raise from the dead as a "pet project". But then again you probably know very little about my past life too, necromancer."
"Ohoho~ I know more than you might think, my dear Reynald. Your High-Templar, or leader, or father, or whatever you silly crusaders might have called him back then, is an acquaintance of mine. Or was, anyway~"

You carefully check the hallway to the left, and find nothing but a corner where the path narrows out. Up this new, narrow path, lies a doorway to the east. You can't be sure, but you believe you hear some-sort of noise coming from the room within.

Nabid nods. "Sounds like a plan."

Go exactly where the hostile-just-moments-prior thing says!
You set off right, and around a short corner, just as the goblin had said, lies an armory. Four chests adorn each corner of the room.

"Never say Goblins ain't grateful. You can have first dibs."

Walk with the knight and watch for traps if I see one tell the others
You walk alongside Reynald, also keeping a careful eye out for traps. As far as you can tell, there are none thus far.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2017, 11:23:49 pm »

carefully peer around the eastern hallway's corner. If there doesn't look to be anything that might spot me, attempt to cross and scout northward.
"oh really? Can you tell me their name then? Can you tell if they were even a man? I doubt it, from your attempts to mock me with such false titles."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:31:04 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2017, 12:23:38 am »

Follow the knight he seems to know what he is doing also keep a look out for traps

So your an inquisitor. I've heard rumors about your order but never met one.
My Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2017, 01:58:29 am »

Check out the (coming in from the doorway) right two chests, presumably Gobbo will check out the left.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2017, 09:58:32 pm »

carefully peer around the eastern hallway's corner. If there doesn't look to be anything that might spot me, attempt to cross and scout northward.
"oh really? Can you tell me their name then? Can you tell if they were even a man? I doubt it, from your attempts to mock me with such false titles."
(( Feel free to play along here or simply call Rathine out. Doesn't matter too much either way, so go whichever way you prefer. ))
"He was a man, yes. And you referred to him as Grand Master Payens. Hugh de Payens was his full name~"

You quietly sneak up to the east facing entrance, and cast a careful glance inside. It isn't a hallway, but a room. The noise you heard was several goblins sitting nosily around a rough wooden table, partaking in a game of poker. They are far too engrossed in their game to notice you, and you safely cross before exploring the northern end of this hallway. It turns to the right from here, and as far as you can tell, is a straight shot to another room, barred by a heavy wooden door.

Follow the knight he seems to know what he is doing also keep a look out for traps

So your an inquisitor. I've heard rumors about your order but never met one.
You stick close to Reynald as you move quietly up the hall, examining for traps the whole way.
[1] The whole hallway seems trapped! Every brick, every speck of dirt, every blood stain, contains the possibility of death behind it! How disheartening!

Check out the (coming in from the doorway) right two chests, presumably Gobbo will check out the left.

You walk over to the chests on the right, popping one after another open.
[5] The first contains torn, dirty rags the goblins would probably consider as fatigues.
[7] A bag of twenty gold and a rather vicious looking iron dagger reside in this one.

The goblin, as expected, picked the other set of chests. Within one, he finds a new set of armour to replace his current beaten, ruined set. He quick changes, and in the next he finds an iron spear. He straps his sword into his belt, and rests his new weapon on his shoulder.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:02:51 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2017, 10:27:53 pm »

Ok they cant have trapped everything they would never have been able to get through but they could have trapped anything...Damn

Follow along behind the knight being careful to only step where he steps If I have to step else where tap around the spot with my sword before putting my feet on it
My Sig

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2017, 10:48:51 pm »

"I'm afraid not, necromancer. I have not heard that name before, nor is the title valid within my order. Perhaps it was another order, or perhaps a time after my passing. My oath was sworn to a lady, in a dying world. I admire your effort and research, however."

turning his attentions briefly to checking the hall for any mechanisms, he would start across, noting his allie's comment.
"And what rumors have you heard of my likely long-dead order, friend?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2017, 12:13:20 am »

Nabid chuckles, hoisting the sack of gold and putting the dagger through his belt.

"Trinkets fer me, gear fer you. Not a bad room, overall."

He scratches his beard.

"Suppose now we'll have to go catch up to the other two. Any preferences?"

If Gobbo has advice, follow it. Otherwise stroll casually right past the other two and to the left, heedless of any traps.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2017, 03:30:16 am »

"I'm afraid not, necromancer. I have not heard that name before, nor is the title valid within my order. Perhaps it was another order, or perhaps a time after my passing. My oath was sworn to a lady, in a dying world. I admire your effort and research, however."

turning his attentions briefly to checking the hall for any mechanisms, he would start across, noting his allie's comment.
"And what rumors have you heard of my likely long-dead order, friend?"
"Nothing good I'm afraid the rumors said that inquisitors were more interested in burning anyone who they suspected had magical talent then of actually helping people affected by magical attacks or curses. Said tests for guilt were said to include if the suspect had a pet, torture till they would admit to anything and weighting people to see if they were lighter then a duck.

In my experience rumors are often based in truth but the problem is that the truth gets distorted very quickly."
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8