Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6  (Read 41466 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5]
« Reply #165 on: October 14, 2017, 03:46:18 pm »

His tone changed quite dramatically. There was displeasure in his voice.
"Who wouldn't have heard of you? That was quite the... spectacular case. So you are now a freelance ship captain?"
"Oh, no. I'm not the captain. I'm just acting on his behalf as he attends to other matters aboard the station.

"And about that case: I know what you're probably thinking, and, no, I didn't take a dive on it. I don't expect you to believe me, but I believe I was set up. But, until I can find the evidence to prove it, that's all just conjecture.

"What I think you can believe is that, if I had taken money to lose a landmark case, I sure as Space Hell wouldn't be risking my life protecting a bunch of scientist from space monsters for 50000 credits. So tell me, Mr. Hept, what exactly is a Black Riperius?"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6
« Reply #166 on: October 14, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »

Adding your action right now Kadzar :)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 14, 2017, 03:47:51 pm »

Adding your action right now Kadzar :)
Thanks! Sorry I was late.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2017, 04:05:09 pm »

Find the barman and ask if I can get
free drink? please
If no, ask for any quick jobs I could do for easy money or a drink, then find another bar if there are none.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5]
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2017, 04:05:14 pm »

His tone changed quite dramatically. There was displeasure in his voice.
"Who wouldn't have heard of you? That was quite the... spectacular case. So you are now a freelance ship captain?"
"Oh, no. I'm not the captain. I'm just acting on his behalf as he attends to other matters aboard the station.

"And about that case: I know what you're probably thinking, and, no, I didn't take a dive on it. I don't expect you to believe me, but I believe I was set up. But, until I can find the evidence to prove it, that's all just conjecture.

"What I think you can believe is that, if I had taken money to lose a landmark case, I sure as Space Hell wouldn't be risking my life protecting a bunch of scientist from space monsters for 50000 credits. So tell me, Mr. Hept, what exactly is a Black Riperius?"

"We are all victims in some way mmh?" he replied with a sarcastic hint in his voice.

He made a quick apology, and returned on the matter of the job.
"You are right, that was unprofessional of me. Allow me to get back to the details of the job."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2017, 04:22:43 pm »

"Huh? Was this not the way I came from? Am I lost? Eh, no matter! I'll find my way back, I'm sure of it!"

Search around for someone nearby who can give me directions back to the hangar where the ship is. If I find no one, investigate the huge freighter. Also take a picture.
Insert witty signature here

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2017, 04:41:57 pm »

"Typically someone would have wondered why I'm glaring at them by now, and would have asked. Why don't you?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 14, 2017, 05:06:56 pm »

"And what if your estimates of it are wrong, or it's not alone?" asks Thomas. "Our ship is combat capable, but I'm not sure we can take on something the size of a battleship."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »

Interlude 6.2: The Megnat Spaceport (Planet Gavarle)

Find the barman and ask if I can get
free drink? please
If no, ask for any quick jobs I could do for easy money or a drink, then find another bar if there are none.

[Luck -2 Charisma -1] [1] -Critical Failure-

"The word free is not in my vocabulary. You pay up or you get out."

A nearby group of brutish and drunken men overheard the barman, and surrounded you. They started provoking Starbeard. "Look at that loser who can't even afford a drink." "Just lookin' at 'im is making me feel poor."

One spit in his beer and poured it on the (temporarily) ex-space pirate while shouting "Have a drink mate!", cuing all the men to laugh. That was not going to end well.

"Huh? Was this not the way I came from? Am I lost? Eh, no matter! I'll find my way back, I'm sure of it!"

Search around for someone nearby who can give me directions back to the hangar where the ship is. If I find no one, investigate the huge freighter. Also take a picture.

[Luck +0] [5] -Critical Success-

Sneed came across a tall humanoid who looked like an anthropomorphized bird. He had ecru feathers and yellow eyes.
"Hey kid, are you lost? You look like a tourist, that's not a place where you should be wandering. You could get hurt."

He noticed you were taking pictures of the massive freighter. If he had lips, he would have been smiling.
"Hey, do you like big ships?"

"Typically someone would have wondered why I'm glaring at them by now, and would have asked. Why don't you?"

Not moving an inch, the man answered in a relaxed tone.
"When you live a life like mine, you stop caring 'bout people's glares. Anyway I can help a lady with such intense glare?"

"And what if your estimates of it are wrong, or it's not alone?" asks Thomas. "Our ship is combat capable, but I'm not sure we can take on something the size of a battleship."

The man said confidently:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crew Status (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2017, 09:22:58 pm »

(With 2 in combat, very high in all physical skills and being armed, this should be easy. I'm more worried that the space cops are probably going to hunt me again.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2017, 09:38:03 pm »

"Information about the local sectors. If you have any, I'll pay you for your time.
I'd also like to know about creature's known as Riperius. I have a job that might end in me meeting a few pretty personally.
"

Have a tiny sip of the drink. Is it stronger than I'm used to?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2017, 12:33:49 am »

"Well, then, I suppose that alleviates most of my concerns about the job. I expect we'll take the job, but I am curious: what exactly is this scientific mission for? Is it purely exploratory, or is there something special about Xoa?"
Glory to Arstotzka!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2017, 02:27:46 am »

Next update on Tuesday! I have some stuff to take care of

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2017, 06:57:56 am »

Buy this man a drink and leave him to his business after establishing his name and maybe some contact details.

Following that, continue gathering information on the station, keeping in mind the alarm raised by the hyperspace dragon.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2017, 03:28:28 pm »

Cheerfully introduce myself. Ask my new friend what his name is, what species he is, what he does for a living, and what he knows about this freighter. Also let him know that I'm lost and in need of guidance back to my ship. Offer to introduce him to the rest of my crew if he helps me out.

(Edit: Unexpectedly still busy, so I didn't rp, but I did extend my action a bit)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:03:15 am by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21