Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6  (Read 41629 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2017, 12:23:01 pm »

(I'm just hoping the lawyer saves me from prison.  :( )
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2017, 02:50:26 pm »

Thomas will go the jail to act as Starbeard's legal counselor, while simultaneously working on a posting to the local planetary network for a replacement crewmember, just in case.

"Roh my. Rhwat an unfortunate raltercation."

Is there surveillance footage from inside the bar? Does the bar look like a place that would have surveillance footage? If I don't know from general knowledge, buddy up to some of the police, introduce myself as a fellow officer of the law, tell them I'm actually here looking into some criminals (technically not a lie!) and that I might be able to more conclusively identify some of the malcontents involved.
((I suddenly feel like we should try to get some private investigation or bounty hunter work in the future.))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2017, 03:51:57 pm »

(I like the bounty hunters idea almost as much as the being pirates idea. What if we do mercenary work too?)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2017, 03:14:47 pm »

(sprinkled chariot should probably start preparing his character sheet, in case things don't work out for Starbeard.)

(Also, I tweaked my action a bit)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:19:03 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »

(Hey, I still hope that everything will go fine. I'm still not dead so I can still fight.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2017, 08:34:02 pm »

Interlude 6.7: The Megnat Spaceport (Planet Gavarle)

Katerina wanders around the station for a bit, searching for a hand-held weaponry store.

Katerina left the bar, and looked at a map for the nearbiest weapons store. She eventually finds herself in said store, the shopkeeper hails her from his counter.

"Hey, welcome. Can I help you?"

They are selling all kind of weaponry there. From handheld weapons to rifles, from traditional ammo using ones to blaster-type.

Starbeard slowly gets up and tries to communicate with whatever found him. If they want my weapon, try to convince them that is an outdated and useless old gun that doesn't work.
Starbeard fall asleep
what happen?

Unless I fail to wake up

[Starbeard is Pacified!] (Tazzed)

More coming!

"Roh, you know. Not exactly on rhe force no more, rhjust wondering rhif I can take a look. Rhyou can join me rhif you like, just heard about one dickhead who got away being on this station, curious rhif it's him again. Do an old dog a favor, huh?"

I just want to take a look, he can come along to make sure I don't tamper with anything if he wants to. Maybe I could even help him out!

[Diplomacy +1 Canis Lupus Familiaris +1] [8] -Overshoot-

"Well..."

Before the human policeman can finish, a large humanoid figure appear behind him. Some sort of bluky anthropomorphized gray wolf wearing a police uniform.
"I rheard everything, let that one pass Ketner. RHe rhas a rhonest smell, and we could use some assistance there. Rhey, come with me."

Oh, a 'Wolfman'. A peculiar breed of genetically modified human, or wolf. To be fair no one remember which one is it. Derogatory term Homo Lupus, which is seen as a big insult to them.

On his badge, Jim could read his name: F. Dremus. He followed Dremus into the sole armored police van out there. Now separated from the outside world, he turned toward Jim.

"We retrieved the recordings, rhere, rhave a look."

He pulled a device with holographic display. Some sort of mini computer, in short.

[Jim may look at security records of the bar]

"Aww, I missed all the fun." Sneed sighed, but perked up immediately afterward. "Oh well, maybe next time. Starbeard's a fun guy, I'm sure he'll host plenty more parties."

Take photos. If I see Starbeard, wave at him and yell out my best insult (feel free to roll for this :P).

Sneed was a bit dejected. That was quite the one of a kind occasion he missed after all! He absent-mindedly took some snaps of the place, until he noticed the unconscious cuffed body of Starbeard being hauled like a potato sac by a man in body armor.

Well, he didn't know Starbeard was unconscious, and with all his vocal strength, he shouted.

"HEY! IF THAT ISN'T MY FAVORITE [garbled words in some weird language with an offensive feel]! HEY LIMPBEARD! STILL CAN'T HOLD YOUR LIQUOR?"

A policeman showed up right to the left of Sneed.

"Excuse me sir, you know this man?"

Thomas will go the jail to act as Starbeard's legal counselor, while simultaneously working on a posting to the local planetary network for a replacement crewmember, just in case.

[Will keep your action in mind]

While waiting for Starbeard's transfer to a detention ground, he posted a small ad for a replacement crewmember. He was feeling quite jaded.

Spoiler: Crew Status (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2017, 09:27:28 pm »

(Do I not get a luck roll to try to wake up? Even if I know it would almost 100% fail, at least give me a roll.)

Try to wake up again. Otherwise, just have dreams of destroying planets and getting drunk.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2017, 11:41:15 pm »

How incriminating is this footage exactly? Do we get a nice shot of Starbeard decapitating a dude at the very start or is it a bit unclear? Is it a CCTV feed or some kind of sophisticated future surveillance?

In short, evaluate the odds of Starbeard dodging a murder rap for this.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 25, 2017, 12:15:46 am »

(Do I not get a luck roll to try to wake up? Even if I know it would almost 100% fail, at least give me a roll.)

Try to wake up again. Otherwise, just have dreams of destroying planets and getting drunk.

[Constitution +2] [4] -Success-

Starbeard, thanks to his incredible constitution, manage to emerge from his stunned state. Everything is still blurry, and his balance is all off, but there is one thing he is sure of.

Somewhere close, he hears these words carried by Sneed's voice:

"HEY! IF THAT ISN'T MY FAVORITE [garbled words in some weird language with an offensive feel]! HEY LIMPBEARD! STILL CAN'T HOLD YOUR LIQUOR?"

How incriminating is this footage exactly? Do we get a nice shot of Starbeard decapitating a dude at the very start or is it a bit unclear? Is it a CCTV feed or some kind of sophisticated future surveillance?

In short, evaluate the odds of Starbeard dodging a murder rap for this.

A plain, traditionnal CCTV feed it is. Jim starts the recording shortly before the situation exploded. He quickly locates Starbeard, leaning against the counter and scribbling on his notebook.

Then a group of men comes to him, surrounding him quickly. From their unsteady walk, they are clearly heavily inebriated. One of them empties a glass of liquor over Starbeard's head, and everything degenerates from that point onward. In less than a second, Starbeard has drawn his weapons, wielding them with both hands.

One man got his throat cut open, and another got blasted at point blank range by Starbeard's Flintlock Blaster. Well, that's pretty damn incriminating. Following that, two opposite groups of humans and non-humans start exchanging fire, with some aiming at Starbeard.

Rewinding a bit more, Jim notices that these groups were seemingly already staring daggers at each others before Starbeard even entered.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2017, 01:28:28 am »

Thomas will try to get a private meeting with Starbeard, and maybe even try to post bail.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2017, 04:51:05 am »

"Hrrwell... that's definitely Starbeard there." Captain Jim looks at Dremus. "Rrhyep. Seems like he got humiliated by a bunch of drunks and responded by massacring two of them. Rrhlemme give you some context on the guy - nonstandard human, one of them Space Pirates, capitalized, if you know what I mean. Nonverbal, none too bright and recently real prone to doing stunts rhof this general nature. Bought in on my shipping venture and thus far we've been on two planets rhand he's fucked things up on both of them within the hour. The first time he unloaded our laser turret several times rhon the inside of the spaceport - authorities came along, said he was some kind of ex-pirate captain, extracted some info rhin return for letting him walk free. Figured rhI'd give him a second chance as well, you know, but this is way rhover the fucking line for me though, shoulda known he'd screw the pooch as soon as nobody was looking."

"Don't think he's mixed up rhwith rhese other perps rhin any plausible capacity, however. Who are they?"

Get background on feuding criminal organizations after informing Officer (detective?) Dremus about the sordid character of my erstwhile partner while clarifying that he's probably not part of whatever shitfight those other gangsters got into.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:50:11 am by Harry Baldman »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2017, 06:32:31 am »

Remain calm. Try to reach for my marker in my pocket. If succesful, write on the ground.
Starbeard want lawyer
Starbeard has rights

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2017, 12:28:48 pm »

"I want two things. First, a weapon that will fire well in space and has some decent range on it. Preferably ballistic. Second, I'd like a hand-held drill of some kind. Laser or physical, either is fine."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »

posting to watch and waitlist, couple questions,
1. Can we borrow species from other fictional works
2. Can I make my sheet now?

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »

"Yes officer, I certainly do. Starbeard's my friend. In fact, I'd even consider us best friends. I was just yelling out some friendly insults at him. Space Pirates love those." Sneed said, proud of its demonstration of cultural appreciation. "So, why do you ask, officer? Oh! Was I yelling too loudly? You have my sincerest apologies. I'll try to keep my volume down."

Cooperate with the officer. Answer all of his questions honestly and to the best of my knowledge. If he's skeptical of my friendship with Starbeard, prove it by showing him the 'party invitation' that Starbeard sent me earlier.
Insert witty signature here
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21