Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6  (Read 41630 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sailing on the Sea of Stars [5/5] - Turn 6
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2017, 07:36:57 pm »

(I assume the captain failed to contact us, right?)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2017, 07:53:58 pm »

Katerina turns on her communicator, and attempts to contact the captain. If she does not receive a response, she tries to find him manually.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2017, 08:08:19 pm »

(I was worried this had been dropped, and was glad to see an update!

Also, I'm slightly confused about our location status. Did we make it to the ship, but won't make it in time to help the captain?)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2017, 08:56:04 pm »

(I think that from our point of view we are in the way to the ship since we were never contacted by the captain.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2017, 09:11:26 pm »

You are on your way toward the captain's distress call, but will arrive after the action. Except if the action lenghtens.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2017, 10:20:23 pm »

(Alright then)
Thomas will continue drunkenly heading toward the captain's distress signal.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2017, 06:09:20 am »

Force my body to become sober and rush to the location the captain sent the distress signal. If going alone is faster, do that. Can't wait for everyone else when the captain needs help now.
(Would those rolls use physical stats? I want to reach the place before the captain dies.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2017, 10:27:59 am »

Well, in for a penny, in for a shitton of hurt. Fight for my life!

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 14, 2017, 11:59:56 am »

Follow my crewmates.

If we find reach the captain and/or run into any hostiles, then do the following:

Use my birthing organ to spit out Slimeon Eggs from my mouth at a high velocity toward our enemies' vital body parts. Sneed will protect its friends!

(After looking up Sneed's character sheet again, I finally remembered Sneed could do that :P)
Insert witty signature here

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2017, 08:24:07 pm »

Interlude 6.XX: Shoot the Dog (Planet Gavarle)

Well, in for a penny, in for a shitton of hurt. Fight for my life!

[Combat +1 Dangerous Wound -2] [4] -Okay-

If you harm a dog, the dog obviously bites back. With an enemy armed with a ranged weapon, rushing in head on would do no good. Jim fakes running away, instead taking cover in the corner of a container. His side is burning, but he manages to keep his breathing low enough.

Jim hears the sound of a body dropping, and then very faint steps. Focusing on his senses, he attempts to predict the moment the assassin is going to come around this corner.

Jim waits. The man is prudent. A second that seems to extend for several minutes passes, and Jim lunges toward a faint rustling sound.

Closing his jaw on the apparent empty air, he manages to bite something hard, an arm in some protective metallic gear. The optic camouflage flickers a bit, revealing a hand with four digits. There is no gun in that hand, oops. Wrong arm.

Katerina turns on her communicator, and attempts to contact the captain. If she does not receive a response, she tries to find him manually.

Seeing no one is inside or around the ship, Katerina naturally attempts to contact the captain. The moment she turns on her device, she sees the notification of a distress signal nearby.

That's definitely not normal. She starts walking toward the location.

(Alright then)
Thomas will continue drunkenly heading toward the captain's distress signal.
Force my body to become sober and rush to the location the captain sent the distress signal. If going alone is faster, do that. Can't wait for everyone else when the captain needs help now.
(Would those rolls use physical stats? I want to reach the place before the captain dies.)
Follow my crewmates.

If we find reach the captain and/or run into any hostiles, then do the following:

Use my birthing organ to spit out Slimeon Eggs from my mouth at a high velocity toward our enemies' vital body parts. Sneed will protect its friends!

(After looking up Sneed's character sheet again, I finally remembered Sneed could do that :P)

(You would need to stumble on a teleporter to arrive in time :p)

The remaining trio keeps heading toward the distress signal...

STATUS

Spoiler: Crew Status (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2017, 08:40:41 pm »

...Have Thomas roll luck to stumble upon a teleporter? If he fails to find a teleporter, just keep running.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 14, 2017, 10:00:14 pm »

Katerina, deciding a distress beacon is probably quite important, begins to run towards its location. She prepares her new shiny gun.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2017, 10:34:45 pm »

Suddenly, it occurs to Thomas that it would be rude to show up to the captain unannounced, so Thomas will try to call the captain as he heads to the captain's distress signal.
Glory to Arstotzka!

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2017, 10:58:30 pm »

Repeat previous action.
Follow my crewmates.

Insert witty signature here

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2017, 06:16:26 am »

Extrapolate the location of a more sensitive location than an arm (four digits, a taste and a scent ought to be good enough to get a vague idea of the species at least) to bite down on, such as a throat or a face or those dangly bits that you don't know what they are.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21