Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76055 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - Day 1!
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2017, 09:58:15 am »

Eh. I suppose there's an argument that more powers for town can't be a bad thing. Provided town don't shoot themselves in the foot.

I could target you if you like.
One wheel short of a wagon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2017, 10:07:45 am »

Eh. I suppose there's an argument that more powers for town can't be a bad thing. Provided town don't shoot themselves in the foot.

I could target you if you like.
How's about you target me so at least we've got a point of reference that isn't just a one-on-one? :V

WoooOooo alright. Game starts at my sleepytime :'(
TDS; everyone how are ya gonna treat the game with what seems to be 50% out of context content? How will you also see the day game? And how would you define "scum"; by the book 'scumtells' or otherwise?

Eh, it's a larger game so there's a lot of interaction. Roles are (mostly) random so you can't really get alignments from them. I'll probably be looking for the usual scumtells (which work pretty well unless I'm scum myself and there's no other scum to find).
Just like what any scum would say :P

Shakerag: Why're you mentioning your ho-ho-oh! at game start and whom of us would you like to chat with more to help yourself? O_O

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2017, 10:11:28 am »

I thought we weren't rearranging the deckchairs until we hit the iceberg. But very well, I'll target someone else.

Not you though. There are some nasty passives coming out of that generator, and I distrust anyone asking to be targeted. Not 4Mask either, preferably, let's take this one massive upheaval at a time.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2017, 10:19:30 am »

You know, there's not really enough data to go on to be flinging accusations around yet.
But since I guess we're on that train anyway,
I currently assume F-of-U is just misguided. No hard feelings.
But Tiruin needs to settle down some.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2017, 10:45:02 am »

I thought we weren't rearranging the deckchairs until we hit the iceberg. But very well, I'll target someone else.
Are people implicitly referencing the Titanic now? :P

[quote author=NJW2000 link=topic=167866.msg7598989#msg7598989 date=1508771488
Not you though. There are some nasty passives coming out of that generator, and I distrust anyone asking to be targeted. Not 4Mask either, preferably, let's take this one massive upheaval at a time.
[/quote]Good! But it would be better when or if you mention who you're NOT targeting either, in my opinion. :P

You know, there's not really enough data to go on to be flinging accusations around yet.
But since I guess we're on that train anyway,
I currently assume F-of-U is just misguided. No hard feelings.
But Tiruin needs to settle down some.
It's Monday. People aren't committing to dialogue. You seem to be taking my vote as something? :O

Let's continue with queries. How do you see my approach to others? How do you see those others? O_O
And why mention FoU?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2017, 10:55:09 am »

And why mention FoU?
He is the other with a listed vote, and it is for me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2017, 11:01:23 am »

And why mention FoU?
He is the other with a listed vote, and it is for me.
And...'misguided' comes from what, Maximum Spin?

Dialogue is important, such as that query there.

And missing some questions I asked you :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:10 am »

Fingers are carefully rendered pixel by pixel and then pointed at one another.

Vote Count
Tiruin [1] - Maximum Spin
TheDarkStar
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
codybob1999
Starver
Maximum Spin [2] - Fallacy of Urist, Tiruin
Leafsnail
Shakerag
4maskwolf
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox
no lynch

Day will end 12AM 26th Oct BST. Hammering is now possible.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2017, 11:34:17 am »

On the bright side, I've decided to invoke Hanlon's Razor. My vote stands, but if cooler heads prevail and even the slightest No Lynch consensus forms, I'll join it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2017, 11:42:35 am »

On the bright side, I've decided to invoke Hanlon's Razor. My vote stands, but if cooler heads prevail and even the slightest No Lynch consensus forms, I'll join it.
And yet you haven't decided to talk to the people voting you or detail your ideas or motives? :P

Like, that whole idea of how you described me, for one. Or your idea as to why people vote.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2017, 11:54:20 am »

And yet you haven't decided to talk to the people voting you or detail your ideas or motives? :P

Like, that whole idea of how you described me, for one. Or your idea as to why people vote.
It is correct to infer that I am choosing not to do that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2017, 12:08:28 pm »

It is correct to infer that I am choosing not to do that.
It is, one way. But cutting communication is not good for dialogue given all the time we have.

I mean, another inference is just by your mention of 'settle down some' and then the rest has to be assumed, especially in a personal narrative--don't you think it'd be helpful to perhaps the other 11 people here by detailing your thoughts too?

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2017, 01:13:07 pm »

no lynch; we have all but bickering and dead ends. Why not wait until we have some information?
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - Day 1 - Soft Weekend Start
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2017, 01:27:41 pm »

WoooOooo alright. Game starts at my sleepytime :'(
That means NQT is really back and woo.

Also PFPhone

Wow lots of people I dont know. TDS; everyone how are ya gonna treat the game with what seems to be 50% out of context content? How will you also see the day game? And how would you define "scum"; by the book 'scumtells' or otherwise?

Bluhbluhhsleep

This doesn't seem all that different from a regular mafia game to me. Sure there are all sorts of roles and some shenanigans are probably going to ensue from that but I think regular scumhunting methods and scumtells should suffice.

Not sure if it's possible to screw up RVS, but lets see.

Right, I'm going to fail to practise what I preach below, and talk about powers.
1) Useless night actions: do people think town should use them?
I think not. They will make it harder for town to have clear information or understanding of what went on.

2) Regarding census takers: if someone can get a list of all the roles in play, should they post it at once?
I don't see why not. Knowing about a chaotic or disruptive role will benefit town more than scum. And town will benefit more from knowing what might have happened on a certain night.

On the matter of useless roles, I say if you feel like it, go for it. Now as for the role list, now is definitely not the time.

Maximum Spin, you seem to be new here, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but purposefully not talking with the rest of us is not a very good idea.

Starver: What exactly is railroading?

TDS: Is there any reason for me to believe that you aren't scum this game as well?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2017, 01:29:43 pm »

kingawsume: because the lynch is our main source of information. If we don't lynch we actually lose out on important information that could really help us in the long run.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38