Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76044 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - Day 1!
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2017, 10:29:44 pm »

Are you drunk again Shakerag?
I'm drunk 19 out of 20 days, man.  Alcoholism is a hell of a thing. 

Well, parthly that.  partly needing a pretty constant escape from reality. 

Anyway.  I'd say that I'm sorry for not posting more, but that'd be a lie because le'ts face it, were all here for the clusterfuck that the night phase is going to be. 

Whisch makes me wonder why the hell NQT made the day phase so bvloody long.

Also notes for Shakerag; he sounds mean but he's a nice softie.
You're ruining my persona T_T
But, there is a truth to that.  I'm only a hardass because I care.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2017, 10:39:44 pm »

Did this only happen when I publicly changed my vote or...something beforehand?
Beforehand.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2017, 03:43:39 am »

Eh. I'm having trouble finding any scumtells. What do we do about codybob1999? He doesn't seem to be present.

On liars, with a doolally system like this then there's legitimate reasons (regardless of alignment) to tell lies to start with to discourage/encourage the wrong type of interactions, then come clean later when the repellent/bait has done its job.

For my own part, I intend to always speak truth (to whatever degree I feel I can), but a) circumstances may make me drop that idealistic position

So if someone wants to say "sorry, I was lying" at some point, or let themselves be caught in a lie, then on their own head be it. Justify it or be damned, but sometimes it is necessary, to promote either Town or Scum agendas. The act of the lie isn't a problem, so much as the details of it.
So Starver, this post... it makes you look a) trustworthy and b) unthreatening, nay agreeable, to any townie who happens to be lying about something. But it doesn't really make any claims or get town any further. It's dialogue, but not really about the game. You certainly aren't analysing anyone's behaviour.

So what does it really say? That when someone turns out to be lying, we should decide whether or not to lynch them on the basis of their justification? And that you'll probably tell the truth, but you can't promise to? How bold. At most, you're arguing against "Lynch All Liars".

While you were responding to Leafsnail, it does seem like you were using him as an excuse to look proactive and involved while posting what amounts to a great deal of fluff. This smells bad to me.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2017, 04:50:18 am »

Codybob twitches slightly and his pathing becomes more robotic... after being logged out too long he's been taken over by the AI...

Vote Count
Tiruin
TheDarkStar [1] - juicebox
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
codybob1999 [1] - {{codybob1999}}
Starver
Maximum Spin [2] - Fallacy of Urist, Leafsnail
Leafsnail [1] - Tiruin
Shakerag
4maskwolf
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox
no lynch [2] - kingawsume, Maximum Spin

Day will end 12AM 26th Oct BST. Hammering is now possible.

Players who are idle for over 3 days will self-vote, use their powers on a random target at the next legal opportunity, and then be modkilled at the end of the next phase. To undo this, just start posting again or send me a PM if it's the night phase.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2017, 08:45:28 am »

Ugh.  We have a tie with no lynching? 

Maximum Spin for the tie-breaker.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2017, 09:08:56 am »

While I'll definitely tiebreak against a no-lynch if necessary from the statistical advantage alone, would killing Codybob be better? We are potentially at risk from his ability, if its anti-town, and lynching him...

Actually no, now that I think about it, if he's mafia that's fine anyway, whether he's killed today or tomorrow, and if he's town we don't want to lynch him rather than someone else. So definitely not Codybob.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2017, 09:29:14 am »

So Starver, this post... it makes you look a) trustworthy and b) unthreatening, nay agreeable, to any townie who happens to be lying about something. But it doesn't really make any claims or get town any further. It's dialogue, but not really about the game. You certainly aren't analysing anyone's behaviour.

So what does it really say? That when someone turns out to be lying, we should decide whether or not to lynch them on the basis of their justification? And that you'll probably tell the truth, but you can't promise to? How bold. At most, you're arguing against "Lynch All Liars".

While you were responding to Leafsnail, it does seem like you were using him as an excuse to look proactive and involved while posting what amounts to a great deal of fluff. This smells bad to me.
I've been tying myself up in the setup mechanics (when I've not been tied up in RL) over and above the, frankly GNDN, other conversation. I've seen myself look quiet, and worried about it. Because being quiet gets Townie lynched as frequently as non-Townie (and more so than organised anti-Townies) in RVS phases and similar times of confusion.

So, yes, I have indeed made a point to reply to every direct or blanket question I've seen (have I missed any?), to not be 'seen to be invisible', as is good practice for everyone, knowing that I still have time to go through the (other fluffy) words of actual 'gameplay' already said and attempt to build what passes for a more specific cogent argument from there.

If I were never suspected of subterfuge at all, then either my hypothetical mast plan has succeeded beyond all dreams (absence of suspicion is a key indicator of various things) or you lot are frankly unimaginative. Neither is the case, so far as I can tell. I don't care about whiffing slightly moldy. I probably get to prove I don't stink later, and Witch-Smellers General also have to justify themselves at this stage of the game, unless there's an actual DayCop skill (day0-covering Actions currently restricted to Frame and Delay, SFAICT).

So say your platitudes (or otherwise), and let me say mine and then judge fluff vs fluff as you want, because it probably all is fluff anyway, for all practical purposes, as any fule noe.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2017, 09:33:25 am »

PFP. I do not forgive lies, so consider this a warning. Tolerating lies gives mafia an angle to escape when they are caught. Tiruin's 'on your head be it' line makes sense, if you are pulling some stupid gambit you better not be caught.

Maximum Spin is engaging in all the classic mistaken behaviours typical of new players - responding angrily to every vote against them, softclaiming their role in order to make an appeal to emotion and advocating for no lynch. This actually makes me think they're more likely town, because as a mafia player one of MS's teammates would probably have stepped in by now and told them to cool it. I also know MS isn't lying. Unvote.

I have gained some information and I believe this game might be breakable, particularly if anyone has any relevant day actions. I will detail my thoughts on this later.

Shakerag, I don't like how you're approaching this. This vote had a lot of probing ahead of time and is ultimately accompanied by a justification that washes your hands of responsibility for it. Do you think MS is scum?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2017, 10:07:38 am »

Shakerag, I don't like how you're approaching this. This vote had a lot of probing ahead of time and is ultimately accompanied by a justification that washes your hands of responsibility for it. Do you think MS is scum?
No more than I think anyone else is scum.  I just don't want a no lynch.  I've pretty much stated already that I'm dialing it in on D1 because I want to see what happens N1. 

If we're being honest with ourselves, we can see that we fairly often just lynch some newbie on D1 because they don't understand the meta, it's more often than not a mislynch, and the real game (and scumhunting) starts D2.  Call me cynical if you want, but that's how I see things and that's how I'm going to direct my playstyle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2017, 10:18:37 am »

Posting ahead (because AAAAAAAA BOARD EXAM ON THE 29th) that I wasn't mentioning that I was reading well on Max.S. because of hoping people would dialogue but 50%+ of the folks aren't present, and Shakerag is boopin' dem night actions :P

We still have 1 day :P It is the 25th, 11pm here.

And as I assume BST is BRITISH TIME WHICH MEANS GMT +0 (hmpf), that means day end is...9 hours away.
Why're you awake at midnight NQT O_o

Oh and given the lynch notes--I will be aiming for a no lynch or balancing the lynch if Max.S. is being the sole target because of finding his actions not scummy in correlation (while I've many presumptions, I'm doubting he is scum), and...that we really lack activity from 50%+ of everyone. -.-

PFP. I do not forgive lies, so consider this a warning. Tolerating lies gives mafia an angle to escape when they are caught. Tiruin's 'on your head be it' line makes sense, if you are pulling some stupid gambit you better not be caught.

Maximum Spin is engaging in all the classic mistaken behaviours typical of new players - responding angrily to every vote against them, softclaiming their role in order to make an appeal to emotion and advocating for no lynch. This actually makes me think they're more likely town, because as a mafia player one of MS's teammates would probably have stepped in by now and told them to cool it. I also know MS isn't lying. Unvote.
Lying wherenow? I don't read him mentioning anything there ._.;

I've been tying myself up in the setup mechanics (when I've not been tied up in RL) over and above the, frankly GNDN, other conversation. I've seen myself look quiet, and worried about it. Because being quiet gets Townie lynched as frequently as non-Townie (and more so than organised anti-Townies) in RVS phases and similar times of confusion.

So, yes, I have indeed made a point to reply to every direct or blanket question I've seen (have I missed any?), to not be 'seen to be invisible', as is good practice for everyone, knowing that I still have time to go through the (other fluffy) words of actual 'gameplay' already said and attempt to build what passes for a more specific cogent argument from there.

If I were never suspected of subterfuge at all, then either my hypothetical mast plan has succeeded beyond all dreams (absence of suspicion is a key indicator of various things) or you lot are frankly unimaginative. Neither is the case, so far as I can tell. I don't care about whiffing slightly moldy. I probably get to prove I don't stink later, and Witch-Smellers General also have to justify themselves at this stage of the game, unless there's an actual DayCop skill (day0-covering Actions currently restricted to Frame and Delay, SFAICT).

So say your platitudes (or otherwise), and let me say mine and then judge fluff vs fluff as you want, because it probably all is fluff anyway, for all practical purposes, as any fule noe.
Err, this comes off to me as pointy, but there's also a lot of roles in context that I don't get at all.

Also I doubt there's any day anything because I didn't roll anything "Day" in a ton of iterations :V

Did something NJW saw affront you?

PPE Oh. Point on the no-nolynch.
But I really feel like Max.S. isn't a good lynch target. -_-
If we're being honest with ourselves, we can see that we fairly often just lynch some newbie on D1 because they don't understand the meta, it's more often than not a mislynch, and the real game (and scumhunting) starts D2.  Call me cynical if you want, but that's how I see things and that's how I'm going to direct my playstyle.
For me, it's less metaknowledge, and more that they have a point themselves too (although set to their template of 'how can you be sure' safety as "lynching a Townie", and something connected to 'my vote = suspect', which makes sense for King Awesome, which sounds more like safety than any scumtell because...there's always any follow up to follow up any suspicion assumed 'just because someone voted'.) Like for example, Leafsnail's reasoning resonates something I and others believe too (D1 lynch = better than no lynch), and acts as a reasoning behind the vote; it's that follow up that makes the vote...rather than literally taking RVS as RVS :P

And we're (partly?) out of RVS here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2017, 10:27:01 am »

Maximum Spin is engaging in all the classic mistaken behaviours typical of new players - responding angrily to every vote against them, softclaiming their role in order to make an appeal to emotion and advocating for no lynch.
Odd that you see anger. Did you miss my first post?

Words not to convince, though conviction may come later. Words to evince. Shakerag. This is not in response to your vote against me.

Incidentally, I lied about my ability. Sorry. Radical Freedom.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2017, 10:34:37 am »

And as I assume BST is BRITISH TIME WHICH MEANS GMT +0 (hmpf), that means day end is...9 hours away.
I think it's 12 noon. A perfectly healthy time for NQT to be awake, though some I know would disagree.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2017, 10:49:54 am »

I think it's 12 noon. A perfectly healthy time for NQT to be awake, though some I know would disagree.
The day ends at midnight, exactly 72 hours after the day began. The expectation with the day lengths is that someone is hammered before then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2017, 11:41:40 am »

The players chuck around accusations in the text box while continuing to mine and hammer away at the world. Eventually, someone brings out the headset and really starts the argument.

Vote Count
Tiruin
TheDarkStar [1] - juicebox
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
codybob1999 [1] - {{codybob1999}}
Starver
Maximum Spin [2] - Fallacy of Urist, Shakerag
Leafsnail [1] - Tiruin
Shakerag [2] -  Leafsnail, Maximum Spin
4maskwolf
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox
no lynch [1] - kingawsume,

Day will end 12AM 26th Oct BST (in about 6 hours, 15 minutes). Hammer is at 7 votes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2017, 11:45:08 am »

Oh, okay.

Ugh. I don't like it, but I'm tempted to leave a vote on Max to prevent a nolynch tie
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38