Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76042 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2017, 01:08:22 pm »

This doesn't seem all that different from a regular mafia game to me. Sure there are all sorts of roles and some shenanigans are probably going to ensue from that but I think regular scumhunting methods and scumtells should suffice.
A while ago you said this, Juicebox. I'm a little confused: does "putting pressure on more than one player" count as "regular scumhunting methods"? Because you seem to be focusing on Max and the Shenanigans.

Is there a problem with focusing on just one person? Especially one involved with so many shenenigans?
There is a slight problem with focusing on one person only, yes. There are three scum in the game, after all, and everyone looking at the most suspiscious person doesn't get us very far. Even if Max flips scum, an overwhelming focus on him will have netted us 3+ town deaths and 1 scum in return for fairly little information. 8v3 to 6v2 isn't a giant improvement without extra information.

Your justification for your vote standing is certainly... justified. Or whatever. ok is all I meant.
One wheel short of a wagon

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2
« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2017, 01:20:28 pm »

Oh, uhh, hey.  I'm going to be mostly out today and tomorrow.  Halloween stuff.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2017, 02:16:51 pm »

Maximum Spin. I want to believe he's not scum, but the mob mentailty is getting to me; the points other make are rather... pointy.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2017, 02:22:12 pm »

The players hit spin out of their instant back into the gameworld, as the arguments lead up to their zenith. It looks like someone is being kicked from the server today...

Vote Count
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
Starver
Maximum Spin - [4] FallacyofUrist, juicebox, Shakerag, kingawsume
Shakerag - [1]
4maskwolf
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox  - [2] Tiruin, Maximum Spin
No lynch

Hammer: 6. Day ends 1st Nov 2.30AM, or ideally at hammer.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2017, 02:32:22 pm »

See, the thing is, now when I flip town and it becomes clear that everything I've said (including the claim of having started with a cure action) has been true and straightforward, I'm going to suggest people look long and hard at the votes that have been placed for me and the people I've said are suspicious. I'd recommend that, on the off chance any of you are actually town and horribly gullible, you should consider changing your vote so you don't end up making things worse for your own side.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2017, 02:34:58 pm »

See, the thing is, now when I flip town and it becomes clear that everything I've said (including the claim of having started with a cure action) has been true and straightforward, I'm going to suggest people look long and hard at the votes that have been placed for me and the people I've said are suspicious. I'd recommend that, on the off chance any of you are actually town and horribly gullible, you should consider changing your vote so you don't end up making things worse for your own side.
Now it just sounds like covering your ass.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2017, 02:35:22 pm »

Maximum Spin, I honestly dont know whats going on, but who cares. Hopping on the bandwagon. Maybe i'll figure it out tomorrow.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2017, 02:37:06 pm »

Oh, I already knew you were mafia, of course, MTH.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2017, 02:41:14 pm »

Oh, I already knew you were mafia, of course, MTH.
I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2017, 03:33:01 pm »

Put me on the replacement list for this one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2017, 03:43:52 pm »

On chance. Four people voting you... I 'd be very surprised if none were town, in a thirst player game.

Also, the idea that three or four scum would conspire to vote someone out is... Staggering, really.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2017, 03:46:19 pm »

"On the off chance" was sarcasm, I'm pretty sure two of them are.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2017, 03:51:28 pm »

Put me on the replacement list for this one.
Consider it done.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2017, 03:52:15 pm »

What the fuck is going on in my absence?

Why are there so many votes for Maximum Spin, and why are so many of them "lol just jumping on the bandwagon".

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2017, 04:21:53 pm »

Maximum Spin, I honestly dont know whats going on, but who cares. Hopping on the bandwagon. Maybe i'll figure it out tomorrow.
MoonyTheHuman, what the hell are you doing?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38