Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76253 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2
« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2017, 06:39:54 pm »

Maximum Spin. I want to believe he's not scum, but the mob mentailty is getting to me; the points other make are rather... pointy.
Why the purple bit?
~~~
"On the off chance" was sarcasm, I'm pretty sure two of them are.
At the very least, two of them are voting you for poor or no reasons.

MoonyTheHuman, kingawsume: Could you elaborate on your reasons for voting, please?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2017, 09:16:10 pm »

Maximum Spin. I want to believe he's not scum, but the mob mentailty is getting to me; the points other make are rather... pointy.
Why the purple bit?
~~~
"On the off chance" was sarcasm, I'm pretty sure two of them are.
At the very least, two of them are voting you for poor or no reasons.

MoonyTheHuman, kingawsume: Could you elaborate on your reasons for voting, please?
The amount of evidence and suspicious acting stacked up against Maximum is starting to outweigh the chance that he is town.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2017, 09:17:05 pm »

Addenum: At least, in my rather narrow perspective.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2017, 09:28:54 pm »

The amount of evidence and suspicious acting stacked up against Maximum is starting to outweigh the chance that he is town.
Would you mind detailing this "evidence"?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2017, 09:29:44 pm »

Bluh -_- Nobody other than STARVER made effort in anything and what else I skim over is more personal poking other people with lacking details. Hmpf.

PFP because AURGH STILL BUSY.

NQT can we get a holiday extension? My part of the world pretty much has Nov 1 and 2 as REALLY BUSY BUSY TRADITION DAYS.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2017, 10:29:15 pm »

Also can the people poking Maximum Spin give reasons in summary of WHY they're voting him? :-\

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2017, 10:43:05 pm »

Would you mind detailing this "evidence"?
Oh boy, would I.
Maximum Spin is engaging in all the classic mistaken behaviours typical of new players - responding angrily to every vote against them, softclaiming their role in order to make an appeal to emotion and advocating for no lynch.
Odd that you see anger. Did you miss my first post?

Words not to convince, though conviction may come later. Words to evince. Shakerag. This is not in response to your vote against me.

Incidentally, I lied about my ability. Sorry. Radical Freedom.
First a simple lie. No harm, no foul, right? But you also vote Shake, and provide no evidence.
There is still time for all to fall upon another. CB1999 could be dangerous tonight. Or someone else.
But then you accuse a (retrospectively very) AFK player of... sus? With leaving said accusation wide open for interpretation, and also leaving a general "anyone could also be sus." And again, fail to provide evidence.
Doesn't appear to have been CB's thrown firework that did that, then. Inform/Census may have been made, but not Swap/Gift.
I wish to clarify: CB had the swap action, and then stopped having it because of swapping it with another one. I can confirm this was the case because I swapped it onto him, having received it apparently from Leafsnail, who swapped away my previous "cure target" ability that I actually really did have. Yes, swapping the swap power onto the guy who automatically uses powers was perhaps not the most impressive idea. I hadn't totally considered that he could use it immediately after I swapped it onto him instead of the next day (by which time he would be dead). So uh. Sorry.

Anyway... kingawsume.
Fast forward to day 2, you accuse me, and, again, leave it wide open for interpretation, and a distinct lack of evidence. I don't really care right now, however; let the others decide that.
I can confirm that I don't have two available actions, which is a little disappointing.
Ah, so you targeted me. What were you trying to do to me?

But this suggests that the gifter targeted me.
I targeted BlackHeartKabal. I intend to target a different person each night to reduce the chance of someone predicting my action and taking advantage of that.
~~~
People who target me during the night likely won't get gifts. This isn't necessarily the case, but it becomes more likely if I keep who I'm going to target a secret.
[/quote
As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night. Either you misread your ability description, or, more likely, you are lying and mafia.
]
Following a seemingly random string of vote, you call out FoU, for either "misreading his role" (albeit, a honest mistake at times), or being mafia, citing that you "never had a night-usable action during the night." However, you get called out after it is revealed by FoU that the first line of his action is "Once per night...".
Finally...
eh... if people like BHK don't post much, we're going to have to lynch them on principle. Oh well.

MaximumSpin: so why did you vote kingawesume at the start of day 2, then provide no justification for the vote after two people asked you to?  More generally, what's with the random unexplained votes on people?

I mean, given that the two of you were in agreement with the nolynch being a possibility, I certainly didn't expect the vote. To be honest, it seems a bit like you had a narrow escape (for which I apologise again, everyone) and panicked, attacking the weakest looking player.

You said that you were "still suspiscious" of kingawesume. You know if you die today, which you probably will, it could be useful to town to know what you found suspiscious. Because possibly nobody else noticed it.
Tiruin's analysis of my motives was adequate for this purpose. I can assure you that I never vote randomly. Or from panic, although I will vote to make a tie if I'm in the majority and the opportunity arises, of course. Self-preservationg being what it is.

If I went into detail about the need for that vote, it would change the equilibrium and I'd then have to re-account for that when considering the data. It's safe to say that I was skeptical of his "oh well I might just be a total naïf getting suckered" act.
Somebody calls you out for not providing evidence of my appearant guilt, and voting in a manner not dissimilar to the spread pattern of a 12 gauge buckshot; you respond with a vague "I don't lynch randomly" and say you will vote "out of self-preservation" and base your vote on me and a "naïve sucker act" (alebit, such is warrented) and, yet again, refuse to do some honest to goodnes work and prove your claims.

That enough for you?

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2017, 10:44:37 pm »

Edit: Wall of text is wally

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »

TL;dr General secrecy on motive, never providing any sprt of substantial evidence to base your claims.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2017, 11:16:13 pm »

Maximum Spin, I honestly dont know whats going on, but who cares. Hopping on the bandwagon. Maybe i'll figure it out tomorrow.
MoonyTheHuman, what the hell are you doing?
Looks like he's being a completely clueless newbie to me, cap'n.  Why is your pressure just limited to a vote and a vague question?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2017, 11:17:53 pm »

Incidentally, I lied about my ability. Sorry. Radical Freedom.
First a simple lie. No harm, no foul, right? But you also vote Shake, and provide no evidence.
uh if voting for someone without evidence is a sign of mafia participation then you should look in the mirror bro
Also, RVS.
More importantly, the ironic thing is I lied about lying. That's the only lie I've told. See, my cure ability had been swapped out, and I wanted to parlay that into the kind of process Tiruin correctly understood me to be engaged in.
There is still time for all to fall upon another. CB1999 could be dangerous tonight. Or someone else.
But then you accuse a (retrospectively very) AFK player of... sus? With leaving said accusation wide open for interpretation, and also leaving a general "anyone could also be sus." And again, fail to provide evidence.
Oh, dude, you completely missed the point. CB1999 could be dangerous — and was dangerous — because his abilities were going to autofire. Which happened to turn out to cause major confusion by setting off this swap parade! Meaning I was right. You basically misinterpreted every other part of the sentence as well (ie, not saying "anyone could be a suspect" but "I'm open to suggestions about who we lynch", for example) but that's really the core thing.
Fast forward to day 2, you accuse me, and, again, leave it wide open for interpretation, and a distinct lack of evidence. I don't really care right now, however; let the others decide that.
Again, A) not evidence of anything; B) there's always a point.
Following a seemingly random string of vote, you call out FoU, for either "misreading his role" (albeit, a honest mistake at times), or being mafia, citing that you "never had a night-usable action during the night." However, you get called out after it is revealed by FoU that the first line of his action is "Once per night...".
"called out" == "FoU misunderstood what I said several times and got tetchy about it". I never had a night-usable action during the night, only after the night. I said "during" explicitly because I got one immediately afterward. And then lost it to him.

The next bit was totally pointless and, btw, I still don't buy your naïve sucker act at all. However, dear heart, my goal is not yet to "prove my claims", but to find out who is Mafia, which has so far generated quite a lot of useful data. And, let me be clear, when I flip town, you're going to look very Mafia and it's clear that you're just hoping people will think the Mafia wouldn't have been stupid enough to make it so obvious what they were doing; but I can assure you, they are.
That enough for you?
Ahem. Naaaaaaaaaaah.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2017, 07:42:57 am »

Still doesn't change my vote. You are suspicious to me, regardless.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take that what you will.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2017, 07:46:15 am »

And, let me be clear, when I flip town, you're going to look very Mafia and it's clear that you're just hoping people will think the Mafia wouldn't have been stupid enough to make it so obvious what they were doing; but I can assure you, they are.
I think you mean if you flip town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2017, 07:52:10 am »

NQT can we get a holiday extension? My part of the world pretty much has Nov 1 and 2 as REALLY BUSY BUSY TRADITION DAYS.
Everyone has one 24 hour extension that they can use, do you want to activate yours?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2017, 07:53:44 am »

Out of kindness for Tiruin I'll activate mine, since I can't imagine ever having any reason to use it for myself given my usual schedule.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38