Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [10/10, 1R] Put action Pricechecks here  (Read 4995 times)

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick questions. How much would a monster that breeds cost? And if I were to use 3F to create a monster would I get a single monster or a batch? Or does it depend on rolls?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How much can I specify when creating magic in the world?
I had this idea where the more eyes a creature has, the stronger the magic, but also makes them more weak to said magic. Blindness or lack of eyes makes them unable to learn or be affected by it. Anything with 3 or more eyes has natural affinity to said magic. The magic itself is mainly for support, with abilities like very improved sight and awareness, being able to see enemies that use stealth and camouflage easily (maybe even invisible monsters), telepathy, see behind walls, etc. But also certain offensive for those trained in it like eye beams, telekinesis, etc. People with more knowledge have stronger, chaotic magic (offensive), those with less have more controlled magic (deffensive).
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

@Secheral
for a stock, unmodified monster the cost is 3F. the closest thing to a "breeding" trait currently is Broodmother, at x15 cost. If you had something else in mind, please feel free to offer a suggestion.

You get a single monster unless the cost would be too low to use 1F entirely.

Rolls can have a number of effects on it, such as creating unwanted creatures on a [1] or triggering an event on [6] Rolls might cover excess costs or add a minor useful trait on a 5.

@RGN
Magic systems are fairly freeform, but beware your rolls and GM interpretation. Also, You may want to tone back your fear usage next turn, or you might trigger a world event which could have dire consequences.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fear cost for teaching all of my followers a same language?
What can a minor horror do that a monster cannot?

And creating a lake or river?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:31:59 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

@RGN
Depends on what you roll. It'll probably be 5 fear, assuming you roll a 3.

Minor horrors have their own sub turn and can take actions of their own as they see fit. They can gather their own followers (who also give you fear indirectly) and do most acts that you can. They also won't die instantly if they get a bad roll during an attack, can have traits like a monster, and can be revived using fear equal to 3x their health.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So could I make some broodmother minor horrors and flood the world because they create one of them each turn and can't die instantly?

Also If I use small amounts of fear each turn, do I still have a chance of terror events towards me? Wouldn't it be better to use lots of fear now to be prepared for the inevitable events?

Is there a "safe" amount of fear I could use each turn?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:48:24 pm by randomgenericusername »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Terror events are universal: They will affect EVERYONE, not just you. However, as the biggest spender they are likely to target you with the worst of it.

if an event triggers, the rolled amount is removed from terror and another roll is made immediately after. If that roll succeeds, the event's magnitude goes up by 1, and so on until the Terror level is lower than the event roll. that means if you start pumping out fear like nobody's business and spend big, you WILL trigger catastrophic events.
In order to minimize the severity of early Terror events, you all have to use less than 100 fear per turn. if it goes over 100, you are likely to trigger events of magnitude 4+. Magnitude 10 events could be game ending if you're not properly prepared.

It's not all bad news though. after a terror event, I add another 100 to the die being used, reducing the chance of a particularly nasty snowball the following turn. It resets after 4 turns without an event, which is highly unlikely unless the highest spender gets wiped with a very high roll ceiling.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does teleporting followers cost anything? And is there any possibility that they're altered in some way by this process. Like becoming insane or getting their insides scrambled.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

A detail I neglected to mention regarding TUO: if he is there, then you can see him, no matter where you're looking. If there's two people standing back-to-back, they can still both see him standing directly in front of him. Two people side-by-side, however, would see him in the same place.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

question, how much would it cost to make a plant, say I wanted to make trees with bone for wood that grow balls of meat and blood(held together by a sack of skin), what would that cost?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Does teleporting followers cost anything? And is there any possibility that they're altered in some way by this process. Like becoming insane or getting their insides scrambled.
1F per 10 followers.
 Yes, but only if you get a 1 or a 6. And chances are it will be far worse than going insane/insides scrambled if that happens.
A detail I neglected to mention regarding TUO: if he is there, then you can see him, no matter where you're looking. If there's two people standing back-to-back, they can still both see him standing directly in front of him. Two people side-by-side, however, would see him in the same place.
I don't see how this matters as it's mostly cosmetic. also, distance would still apply and if he is far away, he might as well be a tiny speck.
question, how much would it cost to make a plant, say I wanted to make trees with bone for wood that grow balls of meat and blood(held together by a sack of skin), what would that cost?
Give me a moment to work out some new traits for that.
EDIT: okay, so first off it would count as a monster (3F) that is Immobile (x0.2)and produces a substance (x4) for a cost of 2 per plant (2.4, rounded down)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:50:45 pm by Dustan Hache »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile

Price check creating 5 ak-47's for my followers + 20,000 rounds of ammunition.

Price check adding two story watch towers to my ranch.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

I'm gonna have to draw a line here. Guns and ammo are very complex objects that are hard to create as opposed to structures. Lots of delicate parts that have to be very precise. What you're asking would be somewhere in the 30-50 range for the ammo ALONE. better to provide the materials and workstations, then have your followers craft them when they have the right facilities. Besides, allowing you to just create guns devalues monsters, and that's no good!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile

I'm gonna have to draw a line here. Guns and ammo are very complex objects that are hard to create as opposed to structures. Lots of delicate parts that have to be very precise. What you're asking would be somewhere in the 30-50 range for the ammo ALONE. better to provide the materials and workstations, then have your followers craft them when they have the right facilities. Besides, allowing you to just create guns devalues monsters, and that's no good!

What about the two story tower?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5