Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57068 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #465 on: March 21, 2018, 08:52:56 am »

Freddie will follow Kongor, now that he's been shown an alternate route.  He could use some medical attention, though.  If no route is forthcoming, proceed with attacking the mist.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 22, 2018, 07:46:39 am »

((Xantalos, it's your turn again))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 22, 2018, 03:04:48 pm »

Continue wandering around in the mist - follow the zombie guy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 25, 2018, 01:45:03 am »

{lease check the bottom of the post for current situation.

Kongor votes for the Mysterious Tunnel
Freddie will follow Kongor, now that he's been shown an alternate route.  He could use some medical attention, though.  If no route is forthcoming, proceed with attacking the mist.
Kongor's cart drives into the tunnel, and Freddie flies down and perches at the opening before letting out a piteous mew and holding up his broken claw toward Kongor while hopping further into the tunnel. It gets pretty dark pretty fast in the tunnel, so Kongor dials up his light a bit more. The tunnel is perfectly round, and the surface seems flexible and slightly spongy. It doens't seem to be made of metal at all. a strong wind blows through the tunnel in the direction of the shaft behind you.

"Oh for pity's sake, bandage the poor thing!" The wizard lady cries out. She makes a gesture, and a moment later Freddie's toy ball rolls into the tunnel. The third cart (the one Vladen left behind) follows not long after.

Scream for everyone to follow and guide everyone down the nearest way forwards...and try not to eat anyone...yet, if I see one of the dead guards though, dig in.
Continue wandering around in the mist - follow the zombie guy.
You two finally make it to the absolute bottom of the shaft, where the bridge and the shaft meet. The bridge curves outward, and the shaft curves inward, to form a cuplike basin at the bottom. It's all one piece. The gravity shfts as yo uwalk, until "down" is toward the center of the planet again. The walls of the shaft do not change the gravity like the pillar does. You find three ramps up from the bottom. Each spirals up out of sight. Maybe those connect to the ledges you landed on before. At the very foot of each of the three ramps is an archway, large enough for a human (or in this case, ghoul) to walk through comfortably. The carts would be a tight fit, if they are small enough to enter at all. Peering into one of the archways reveals a short hallway with two closed doors on either side (four total) and ending in a blank wall.

(4) Gak, the surface of your metal body is ablating a bit, peeling up and bubbling from contact with the mist.
(1) Vladen finds one of the guards' corpses and goes to eat it. it dissolved into a red fungus at his touch. the fungus coats his arm up to the elbow almost immediately.

Anywhere that is not near the mist or is obviously dangerous, like the tunnel. Search for alternate routes that are not in this area. Unless everyone decides to go through the tunnel. In that case, I would follow them and stay close to the investigators.
Okay, with that recent tremor, the shaft itself is dangerous, due to falling debris. By "Not in this area" what do you mean? do you want to fly back up the shaft?
Anyway, you examine the local area and find that there are several places where the wall of the shaft is broken enough tat you cold crawl through. Nothing is large enough fro the cats themselves, but perhaps with a bit of effort, your team could widen one enough to get the carts through.

Update on current status:
Kongor, four of the five inspectors, and Freddie are all in the tubelike tunnel.
Vladen and Gak are at the very bottom of the shaft, where three identical exit routes present themselves. Each route has four doors along its sides and ends in a wall. Both party members are suffering mist related damage to their bodies.
Rex is remaining in the main shaft, and has found splits in the wall of the shaft that could be made to accomodate the carts, should you want a different route than is already opened to you.

Currently, you five are in danger of splitting the party - a thing GMs tend to dislike, and a thing that tends to lead (with or without GM interference) to Bad TimesTM. This GM will gladly allow this, and will not artificially inflate the difficulty as a result. GM bets that a party split will end in total failure and death, however.

Now, a meta word about the three possible exit routes: any of the three are viable. The ones at the bottom of the shaft would need to be cleared of the undeath mist before most of the party could go through, and the ones Rex found (which were briefly hinted at a while back) would require a more mundane alteration before they are particularly useful. Of course, the flexible tube tunnel cold be a trap, too. Decisions, Decisions.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 25, 2018, 06:51:59 am »

Turn around and exit the tunnel back to the "main area" where Rex is and then bandage Freddie's injured leg.
(Edited, primarily due to the fact that the evidence random has stated toward this tunnel being alive is all too accurate for anyone to want to linger here)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:37:31 am by SuperDino85 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 25, 2018, 07:09:08 am »

I thought the investigators were with me. At least, Vladen's investigator is definitely going with me. And by this area, I meant the collapsing shaft, the whole zone from where the mist came, the place the tunnel opened from, those areas.

Rex is tired of Kongor's bs so Rex is def not going with him. Both Gak and Vladen are in deadly mist of death. The investigators decided for some stupid reason to follow Kongor into the collapsing tunnel (I thought Vladen's was with me). I would have followed Freddy if rolls didn't insist to make him agressive towards me despie all of my attemps to befriend him and the others random rolls that have him love Kongor for whatever reason. I'm kinda forced to go alone for now.

I'm retreating back and trying to find another area altogether to enter because all of this seems like a trap to at least get someone killed.

If Vladen's investigator is not going with me, the he should have died when Vladen went to eat him.

Get out of this shaft and find another possible entrance. If I don't find anything, return to the city and inform them that everyone decided to split up, the guards died and I require reinforcements to complete the mission.

Go to the entrance of the tunnel Freddy entered and shout:

"Hey, get the Dragon to come here! I found a safer entrance, but I need him to open it up with his strenght! And this tunnel awfully looks like something's throat. Isn't everything supossed to be made of metal? If you guys want, continue through this tunnel, but I require the Dragon's assistance with the alternate route."

Get Freddy to come with me and open that broken wall in the shaft so it's big enough for the carts.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:39:48 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 25, 2018, 07:17:41 am »

(That stuff about Freddie is over with the level up.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:19:35 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 25, 2018, 07:22:03 am »

(I think that's for the GM to choose. If a roll tells you to hate someone, you have to. Otherwise, charisma would be the dump stat and everything would be replaced with just IC dialogue with any NPC to convince them. Also, you are going with Kongor (Rex enemy) and entering the mysterious tunnel that appeared from the tremors. I believe you might be actually entering a live creature, but the tunnel it's still dangerous because if there were tremors, it could collapse just as easily as it appeared.)

(Also: Falling debris.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:23:47 am by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 25, 2018, 07:27:26 am »

(TBH, Fred's not sure about the tunnel now, because it doesn't seem to be heading back towards the mist.  He would really like to get the other teammates out of that at this point.  Looking for new stuff happened because flying around with fire wasn't working, and that is really all of his toolkit.  OOC, I think his plan could work, if someone else helped him with more ranged attacks.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:44:07 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 25, 2018, 07:48:41 am »

(Lireraly nobody but Freddy has ranged attacks other than maybe lighting on conductive stuff from Kongor's gauntlets, Rex's fire ring that sets everything on fire sometimes even himself and maybe one of Gak's daggers. And this is why I also don't want to go to that tunnel:
The tunnel is perfectly round, and the surface seems flexible and slightly spongy. It doens't seem to be made of metal at all
It kind of implies that it's part of something living.)

(Both Vladen and Gak are too deep on the mist and have no reason to go back as they seem to have found something on the other side. Right now, retreating and regrouping seems like the best thing Rex can do. At least that gives me the chance to find everyone else once I return and everyone has explored their respective areas. And we are also short on guards)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 25, 2018, 07:53:38 am »

(Yeah, it seems like a reasonable thought.  Just say something about that IC and Fred will happily form up with you.  He'll probably go back to attacking the mist, though, rather than retreat.  Maybe you can find a path down that's not some creature's gullet.. as about the only thing Fred won't be willing to do is retreat.  OTOH, kill large creature specialty would most definately kick in.)

(Anyway, I'd recommend calling the others back and using the summoning stone to clear the mist.  That would get you reinforcements, and if it doesn't bring in someone to clear the mist directly, should bring in something with a serious ranged attack.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:58:54 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 25, 2018, 08:02:47 am »

(But: I don't know about that IC, Rex doesn't want to go closer to Kongor and (other than the mist and the alternate entrances) there is no other way to continue.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 25, 2018, 08:27:59 am »

(You can certainly shout "That looks like something's throat" IC, and you do know about the summoning stones that would bring you reinforcements.  You don't have to go close, Fred just stopped at the entrance.  And Freddie knows, probably better than anyone else here, how dangerous going down something's throat is, between eating stuff and his breath weapon.  At least say something, instead of running away alone far out of everyone else's reach.  You do that and Fred has to go down the throat as that's the only place where someone else is.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:33:18 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2018, 08:31:39 am »

(I'll think about if. But If I remember correctly the summoning stones summon crimminals and some of my own cart supplies were destroyed. I think I'll try to have Freddy go with Rex and open the other possible entrance. Editing post.)

(Edited.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:40:01 am by randomgenericusername »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2018, 08:42:42 am »

Get bandaged up, and then go help out rex with the wall.  Tail, jaws, and fire should all be useful for digging even if the foot is still hurt.

(I'm pretty sure the toy got lost inside the mist, Oz, and as such isn't around to distract Freddie.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:03:18 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45