Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75993 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2018, 10:57:18 pm »

But Katanas Are Just Better! And you don't Jump the Shark on the first episode. That is not how it works, you use it as a last resort once you run out of ideas. Using it on the first day is probably a very bad idea.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2018, 11:28:43 pm »

Yeah...I'm not a fan of the falling rocks either. I think Affably Evil might be worth a try. It sounds like a trope that could possibly add some kind of nerf to the scum.

GigaGiant, did you submit any of the tropes?
Yes, I did. I'd tell you which one I submitted, but I'm worried that there might be hostile parties present who could use that information for nefarious purposes.

Imic - Hiya! What do you believe was your biggest mistake in the last mafia game you played and how do you intend to avoid that mistake again?
Silthuri - How's life going? What do you think are the worst types of RVS questions to ask?
randomgenericusername - What type of mafia games have you played in the past?
kingawsume - Do you think it's always a good idea to lynch a player on Day 1? Why?
Tiruin - What do you think is notquitethere's greatest strength as a town player and his greatest weakness as a scum player?
notquitethere - What do you think is Tiruin's greatest weakness as a town player and her greatest strength as a scum player?
Maximum Spin - What do you think is the best way to use your vote during the RVS stage?
juicebox - Let's say you have the one-shot ability to redirect the votes of up to two players at the end of any day phase. In what situation would you use this ability?
Tawa - How much weight do you give a Finger of Suspicion, early game, mid game, and late game? Also, what do you think about people who ask questions that they already know the answer to?
BlackHeartKabal - Choose any question that I asked someone else in this post and give your answer to it. Why did you choose that question?
Insert witty signature here

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2018, 11:40:30 pm »

randomgenericusername - What type of mafia games have you played in the past?
I used to play in sites like Epicmafia, ToS and others, and played forum mafia a long time ago. I know the basics and I have read some of the old mafia games here, but I don't know how does the random question thing works.

Now I'm going to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2018, 12:03:27 am »

Ooh I am excite! Pfp because am going to sleep soon. Heads up: I hate RVS. Always have and probably always will. I'm also tired af so forgive any typos.

Silthuri, why would I be suspicious of you?
Because you don't have any reason to suspect anyone and you pulled my name out of a hat probably?

Silthuri - How's life going? What do you think are the worst types of RVS questions to ask?
Life's going swell. I'll be a college graduate once I get my diploma in the mail so I'm pretty excite. As for worst questions, I think it has to be questions that have absolutely nothing to do with anything and can't be of use ever. Like the time someone asked "tea or coffee" or what color underwear someone was wearing. They're fun, but useless for the game.

Questions
Tiru: Henlo. Are you a scummy scum?

Randomgenericfrien: do you feel others might have a bit of an advantage in scum hunting because moat of us have played with each other before and know each other's playstyles?

GigaGiant: why would you want a trope that has evil in the name? What doom do you want to bring down upon us?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2018, 03:36:58 am »

I am perplexed (because yaaay stuffs is happening). o_o

And/or Fallacy did stuff I don't understand. My day PM (I did NUTHIN yesterday...err night), told me I was roleblocked, as in the 'when day happens you get a PM probably'. :P

Thinking about it in my first post, this is pretty unorthodox of my manner of speaking but I realize I didn't mention it pre-game; I'ma do dis thing casually for funsies :D (And I don't think I understood how to PM role/trope, and still don't). However, I'ma address all the stuffs by other people to me later on because I'm wondering. Everyone: What're your thoughts about claiming the trope you sent in?

Everyone (also): How will you treat Day 1; as in in your goal of finding scum--like how you address people? My own thoughts here are that some people (not me) got info in their night action, and some didn't. Pre-explaining my intent here, it's for information as I'm betting out of 11 people, at least 2 are scum [this is moreso just my assumptions being pushed out because I lack time in posting :v]. Exclusive with me...seeing the first 4 posts being brevity, I'm curious and also wanting communication to be something ever-present as this is pretty much the only Mafia game running now. :P Right next to the Happy 2018 celebrations and otherwise. Otherwise, I'd also like to inquire (to FoU: can we ask you stuff about tropes; how do they work (clarify OP?); will we get a clear answer, or at least a definite one if you cannot reveal information directly? Reading up, NQT seems to boop the Shark Trope...um, y'all shouldn't use red, else it'll be parsed as votes. :v

NQT
Rocks Fall Everyone Dies sounds like a recipe for total party kill, so I think it would be best if we picked a trope rather than letting it go random. As such, let's Jump the Shark already.

Tawa, which of the tropes do you most like the sound of?
WHERE AM I IN THERE? WHY ARE YOU NOT SUSPICIOUS OF ME? D:<
Why are your first questions otherwise all about tropes?

GG (You okay with this abbreviation?)
Yeah...I'm not a fan of the falling rocks either. I think Affably Evil might be worth a try. It sounds like a trope that could possibly add some kind of nerf to the scum.

Yes, I did. I'd tell you which one I submitted, but I'm worried that there might be hostile parties present who could use that information for nefarious purposes.
That's some assumption :v
But you mentioned a something up there anyway.

Tiruin - What do you think is notquitethere's greatest strength as a town player and his greatest weakness as a scum player?
Why are you asking about me and NQT, rather than anyone else here?
Why ask us to cross-examine each other, and not other people present?

NQT is a philosopher inasmuch as I am a psychology. We are tea buddies, because he is British! :3 His greatest strength insofar as I've observed when he is scum, is he is too meticulous. His greatest weakness when he is town, is that he may rely too much on conformity towards strategies in hunting scum (by the book), however both strength and weakness mix in how flexible he is with how he uses those patterns as either.

To what end will you use this polarized information?

Also what is your experience with forum mafia? :) [Welcooome to Bay12! (~'u')~]

Sil! ♥
Questions
Hewwo! OwO
I am MOSS! :I How dare anyone infer I be scum! I am not an impurity!

Ooh I am excite! Pfp because am going to sleep soon. Heads up: I hate RVS. Always have and probably always will. I'm also tired af so forgive any typos.

Because you don't have any reason to suspect anyone and you pulled my name out of a hat probably?

The 'everyone' query above applies to you as my question for lack of a query poking you. :P

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2018, 04:10:44 am »

Was tired 4 hours ago. Still am but my brain is still too active for sleep. Pfp once moar.

Everyone: What're your thoughts about claiming the trope you sent in?
Personally, I see no point in claiming now. Shenanigans might require claiming somewhere down the road but just in case, imma wait.

Everyone (also): How will you treat Day 1; as in in your goal of finding scum--like how you address people?
Day 1 I'm going to be pretty relaxed. Just the usual random questioning and taking notes on answers for later use. I'm not big on rvs which takes up most if not all of day 1.

Questions
Hewwo! OwO
I am MOSS! :I How dare anyone infer I be scum! I am not an impurity!
Sowwy moss frien. :3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2018, 04:21:23 am »

I believe I'm also in the realm of tired :I Note to self--press Preview. Not Post, when you want to preview. Bwuh T_T

That said, let's make this post a bit more relevant T_T
Votecount please, FoU! Because it hit me that people may be voting the tropes to see what'd happen. I'm unsure :v it seems like an unspoken thingy.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2018, 04:25:34 am »

I'm here.
Gigagiant I intend to be somewhat more cautious this time around. To that extent, why do you seem suspicioud to me? Don't take it as some random comment, it's a genuine question.
Tiruin I don't really know which trope I should go behind, I think I'll wait until later to choose.
I think I'm going to watch and wait to see what happens.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2018, 04:32:26 am »

:vc

To clarify me asking for clarification.

I will create a special rule based off of each submitted trope. Each day, players will see a list of what tropes have not yet been used(but not their effects) and may vote to activate one of them.

The effect of the activated trope will start at the end of the day where the rule is voted on and will end at the end of the next day by default, if a trope has an effect that lasts longer, it will be noted. When a trope is activated, its effect or part of its effect may or may not be automatically revealed. If no trope is activated by vote in a day, a random unactivated trope will be activated.

The trope rules may be subverted/modified/disabled/whatever by role powers.
FoU: Only ONE trope may be voted on? What happens if a tie occurs?
Is the trope tied to the person who submitted it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2018, 05:11:49 am »

GigaGiant
Does being affable make evil less powerful or just friendlier? If you were Fallacy, how would you have implemented it?

Hmm, I guess it's not inconceivable that there are players with powers that do something with the link between tropes and players. I won't press this point.

notquitethere - What do you think is Tiruin's greatest weakness as a town player and her greatest strength as a scum player?
Her greatest weakness as a town player is that she sometimes doesn't communicate with clarity, so other town players don't always properly read the (often valid) points she's trying to make. Her greatest strength as a scum player is that her playstyle doesn't differ drastically from when she's town, and she manages to cultivate an air of innocence about her such that others don't really want to lynch her.

What do you think Tiruin's greatest strength as town and weakness as scum is?

randomgenericusername
But Katanas Are Just Better! And you don't Jump the Shark on the first episode. That is not how it works, you use it as a last resort once you run out of ideas. Using it on the first day is probably a very bad idea.
That's a pretty compelling argument.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for Hilarity Ensues. My reasoning is thus: it wouldn't be hilarious if this rule egregiously changed the game terms in favour of the scum, so it's probably safe.

Silthuri
Is it true that you don't have any reason to suspect anyone?

Tiruin
I don't personally mind, but Giga might be right about there being powers that require that knowledge. Some paranoia is healthy.

Everyone (also): How will you treat Day 1; as in in your goal of finding scum--like how you address people?
We have very little information, but not none! I'll be paying attention to players who vote with conviction (without outing them) as they're the people most likely to have gained information in the night.

NQT seems to boop the Shark Trope...um, y'all shouldn't use red, else it'll be parsed as votes. :v
Fallacy, what's the best way to vote for tropes?

WHERE AM I IN THERE? WHY ARE YOU NOT SUSPICIOUS OF ME? D:<
Why are your first questions otherwise all about tropes?
I'm suspicious of you know if that helps! I only had so much time, I'll get around to talking to everyone-- don't worry!

My questions were about tropes because they're interesting and mechanically relevant in a way that effects us all. Asking about tropes doesn't endanger anyone's hidden abilities either.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2018, 09:06:58 am »

Tawa - How much weight do you give a Finger of Suspicion, early game, mid game, and late game? Also, what do you think about people who ask questions that they already know the answer to?
About the same throughout, but somewhat less day 1, and much less super early-game. Once people have actually started conversations the meaning of a FoS skyrockets.
Tawa, which of the tropes do you most like the sound of?
I'm a fan of Boring but Practical, personally.
Incidentally, I submitted Boring but Practical. Can't hurt to claim them, right?
I prefer to sit and watch until people are actually talking, at which point I jump in.

Why do you, Tiruin, care so much about how other people look for scum?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2018, 09:31:45 am »

I prefer to sit and watch until people are actually talking, at which point I jump in.

Why do you, Tiruin, care so much about how other people look for scum?
Chat :3 In making a partially leading idea, it brings up communication and ideas on how people act to a hypothesized scenario.

Adding a 'so much' there makes it sound a bit off there, though. :P

PFP sleeeep

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2018, 09:35:40 am »

Randomgenericfrien: do you feel others might have a bit of an advantage in scum hunting because moat of us have played with each other before and know each other's playstyles?
Of course. I also don't like the idea of using meta so I'll probably be always on disadvantage.
I think it's fine, since I don't think it's really alignment indicative and tropes were submitted before roles were baked. Even harmful ones like Rock Falls Everyone Dies are bad for scum. I could claim mine right now if someone wants to.
We had a free day, so all investigators could do their night actions while scum was unable to kill. Right now, we have the upper hand in the game and scum probably knows that. If we use the information of the investigators correctly, we could lynch scum this day.

Note: I'm posting from phone and will probably keep doing that for a long time.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2018, 09:44:32 am »

We had a free day, so all investigators could do their night actions while scum was unable to kill. Right now, we have the upper hand in the game and scum probably knows that. If we use the information of the investigators correctly, we could lynch scum this day.
Interesting point.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2018, 09:54:46 am »

Also I want to note that last night I got a very nasty headache. No idea what that is. Might be a role with mind powers or something, I don't really know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48