Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75981 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(11/11): Day 1: Nobody Dead
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2018, 11:12:35 am »

I believe Silthuri is currently voting for Imic

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2018, 11:14:42 am »

and Imic actually unvoted NQT, although he didn't put it in red.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2018, 12:24:52 pm »

Unvote, just in case.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2018, 12:36:02 pm »

I would prefer that we lynched someone because otherwise we are giving mafia a free night for them to kill. We would waste the kill-less night we had if we don't lynch anyone. A small chance to hit mafia is better than no chance at all.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2018, 12:48:26 pm »

I believe Silthuri is currently voting for Imic
and Imic actually unvoted NQT, although he didn't put it in red.
Missed both of those.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2018, 02:04:50 pm »

I am actually suspicious of Maximum spin, but I don't really want to go straight forward for this, since he seems to have a track record. But nevertheless, he is starting to act reeeeaaaaaly suspicious. No vote though, I don't want to jump to conclusions.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2018, 03:30:39 pm »

Reviewing the thread, will respond when home.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2018, 04:30:49 pm »

The Day is coming to a close in about 5 hours or so, so I recommend that each of us choose at least 2 people we would be willing to see lynched today, and describe our reasons for wanting those people lynched. I'll start.

kingawsume: Hasn't participated much. Knowingly hammered Maximum Spin, and was fine with what he considered a probable mislynch. Has yet to do any actual scum hunting. Hasn't done anything after I finished questioning him. My top lynch candidate at the moment.

BlackHeartKabal: Lurking. Null read, leaning scum. He's only posted 3 times during the game, 2 of which were RVS. His one other post is just him jumping onto the tail end of a bandwagon without any reasoning. I'm definitely okay with seeing him get lynched. (PPE: May change depending on what he posts next)

Imic: Null read, slightly leaning scum. Seems like he was disinterested in the game for most of Day 1. He could be passive town, active lurking scum, or just somebody who really doesn't know how to play. I don't know yet, but I'm fine with him getting lynched.

For the record, here's my read on Maximum Spin:

I'm leaning toward him not being scum. Several of the actions he's taken during Day 1 seem too risky for someone with a mafia win condition. He's certainly not afraid to be provocative and disagreeable either. If he was mafia, I would expect him to not be so reckless.

I also think this quote in particular implies that he is town.

And lastly, Imic: Imic, how suspicious I am of you would depend entirely on how you respond to that message you should have received last night. If you continue to ignore it, especially now that you know I know about it, well, that would suggest to me that you already have other allegiances.

He posted this in his reads before Imic revealed the cult message. At the time, there was a chance that Maximum Spin would be hammered upon FOU's return, so I think he included this as a clue for the town to figure out after his death. I suspect that Maximum Spin's role reveal combined with this clue would have been enough for us to figure out that Imic had received a cult invitation. Maximum Spin has mentioned how he understood this "cult" to be town-aligned, so it seems like he thought that Imic's refusal to join could indicate that he's scum. Furthermore, Maximum Spin's role reveal might have led us to same conclusions, that the "cult" was town-aligned and Imic not joining was suspicious.

That said, I'm not sure why he didn't just come out and say this. I could be wrong in my interpretation of this quote, but he refused to comment on this, so I think it's relevant in some way.
Insert witty signature here

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2018, 04:34:38 pm »

Gigagiant I think you have a very good point about maximum spin. As for my playstyle, most of my posts are done in brief periods, so I don't have much time to review my post or really read over the thread. I garuntee you I'm a townie, just one with not a lot of free time, and one who hasn't playe dmafia much in the past.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2018, 04:52:50 pm »

Pfp and very busy.

I think Max is just guilty of not conforming to the meta which is why I don't think he's a good lynch candidate.

I think imic is a decent choice because he was contacted by the cult and we can't take him at his word that he won't join it.

On the other hand, I think BHK could also be a decent candidate because of the blatant bandwagon and lack of posting but I really want to see him respond to the thread, hopefully before day end.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2018, 05:10:30 pm »

Quote from: Gigagiant
Hasn't participated much. Knowingly hammered Maximum Spin, and was fine with what he considered a probable mislynch. Has yet to do any actual scum hunting. Hasn't done anything after I finished questioning him. My top lynch candidate at the moment.
Yes, I knowingly hammered; this was also a point where I was still high on pain meds and annoyed at everything for existing. (Doesn't excuse it, I know that.)

As for not doing anything, IRL has taken an unexpected turn. I have been more busy this past week that I was most of December. I had surgery a week ago (Pain Meds), and still haven't hully recovered. I have a lot of shit to do, and not alot of time to do it. Blah blah blah, don't in on a game you can't make, yadda yadda yadda.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2018, 05:12:50 pm »

EBWOP: Sorry about not saying much of anything, I haven't anything to say.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2018, 05:25:56 pm »

Why would I tell you all about a cult if I was then to join it? It'd be a dick move for one thing, telling everyone that something exists and then joining it, and since I have told everyone that there is a cult, I'm not going to join it, but if you think I will join it anyway, you're clearly mad, since it would be suicide for me at this rate. Now everyone knows there's a cult, they'll be in the lookout for it, wnd if I'm part of that, or if I ever look suspicious again, I'm dead, and so is the cult.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2018, 05:44:47 pm »

BHK, juicebox, Silthuri: I haven't heard from you much, lately. What are your ideas towards other people? This would be expected either today or tomorrow (because the mod may be out of commission due to sickness despite hammerfall, and usually the rule for hammers is 'do not speak when after the hammer has fallen'...which goes for everyone who missed it until the topic was brought up :P )
I don't necessarily have ideas towards everyone in particular.
Maximum Spin - cornered himself and is probably unlucky scum or unlucky town.
Imic - Should be killed immediately if MS turns scum.
Silthuri - Shares my hate for RVS, and is also one of the two taking lead of the town.
NQT - Taking lead of the town, as usual. Should speak up with what he gets.
On the other hand, I think BHK could also be a decent candidate because of the blatant bandwagon and lack of posting but I really want to see him respond to the thread, hopefully before day end.
Why not vote for Maximum Spin, if he's the primary suspect?

Also, I'm pretty confident all of these tropes are from submitted roles. Just pointing out the elephant in the room.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2018, 05:52:23 pm »

Sorry for the lateness. I've just kind of forgotten about this, honestly :v

Spoiler: My reads (click to show/hide)

Right now, I'm looking at two possible lynch candidates: Max or BHK, and, as you can see, leaning BHK. The way I see it, lynching BHK could give us tons of crucial information tonight.

When I put the first vote on Maximum Spin, RGUN, Tiruin, Silthuri, king, and BHK all voted after me. In my opinion, BHK was a blatant bandwagon. I feel like something is also off about RGUN's vote, and kingawsume's vote was almost certainly a suspicious bandwagon, but that's beside my point.

Now, if Max is actually mafia, then we can safely assume that if BHK is mafia, BHK wouldn't bandwagon on Max. So if we lynch BHK and find out they're scum, we can assume that Max is town. In that case, we can assume that Max is telling the truth about Imic and the cult message. If we lynch BHK and they're town, we're down a lurker.

Lastly, I have a hypothesis--a deeply grasping-at-straws hypothesis, but a hypothesis nonetheless--that BHK could be the cult leader. Their initial group of questions suggests that BHK could be third party. This would also explain the lurking as a ploy to keep the cult hush-hush. Again, this is pretty out there, and I don't expect it to be true--but I think it's definitely a possibility.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48