Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75983 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(10/11): Day 2: Two Dead, Ten Living, One Replaced
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:06 pm »

And if he gets back up after the lynch, make sure to vig kill him. Just in case.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2018, 12:30:37 pm »

FallacyOfUrist: Does the role submission before anything affect anything? Like, for example--I was to not necessarily submit 'vigilante', but 'hitman', would that have affected anything on your part in determining other role characteristics such as abilities or alignment?
Base alignment(town, mafia, third party) is determined at random, and in the event of third party, specific type(cult, outsider, serial killer, doomsayer, gourmet chef, watcher, lyncher, etc) is determined based on role name.

Abilities are determined based off of role name submission. Vigilante and hitman would receive different abilities.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2018, 12:35:49 pm »

I'll agree to hammer Max. He really hasn't offered any other alternatives, beside us (appearently) wasting the lynch on somebody with auto revive (I call bs.) This also brings Day 2 to an end, if I'm counting correctly.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2018, 12:37:23 pm »

EBYOP: Boring but Pratical; don't want a tie.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2018, 12:37:54 pm »

lol

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2018, 12:40:10 pm »

If this ability protects him from lynching, then it probably won't save him from a night kill because that would be imbalanced. It's probably a 1-shot or only works sometimes. If he's townie, then it's not too bad for us because he was very unhelpful.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2018, 01:55:16 pm »

I'm not going to vote, since I don't want to be held accountable for anything that happens next.
Comedy, people.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2018, 02:28:33 pm »

I'm not going to vote, since I don't want to be held accountable for anything that happens next.
Comedy, people.
This is ominous. What's going to happen next?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2018, 02:48:33 pm »

We have no idea, but that IS ominous. Either imic knows something, or he's just guessing.

Imic mind speaking up?
We're listening.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2018, 03:11:14 pm »

So everyone else: who's your #2 pick for scum today? Mine is Moony, as I have good reason to believe they killed me last night.
I'm looking at Moony's interactions, and at the start he's all 'ok what do .-.;' which seems believable...
Requesting a vote count please.

MoonyTheHuman, why did you choose to kill me last night? Think before you try and deny it.
I dunno. That was last guy's decision. I had no role in the kill. However, the kill WAS accidental. The previous guy did not intend to kill you. Glad you're alive, otherwise vilteam would be even more fucked.
But fun stuff. In all my Mafia game knowledge--a replacement ONLY replaces in on Mod confirmation. Moony seemed to replace after the night, validating his note on you :v

Now what's this vilteam you speak of?
And how can someone NOT INTEND to kill a guy when they explicitly PM the mod, "KILL {THIS NAME HERE}" or something :V

I would say my second pick is RGU because he made me Canadian until I learned it was part of Hilarity Ensues and people got a laugh out of it I bet :v
But in all seriousness, I've got town-leaning reads on RGU and Tawa, king and the rest I'll detail tomorrow if I can (hallo 13 hour busyday :v), since day ends in my Saturday anyway.

Quote from: With memory that there is a cult in game, it isn't the binary town/scum slider of scumminess/leaningness now
(0) *Maximum Spin -- pretty much got cultist'd by Tawa. Claimed he's a lie detector [of which I still have no idea on what that does, since nobody detailed anything]; claimed he has scummy suspects; claimed many things indirectly. :P Claimed he has an auto revive; claimed to be miller-cultist.
(0) *notquitethere -- got BHK'd like me, and given BHK's details (he PM'd me too), I'm willing to believe more in his town-sidedness given how he's been acting all this game.
(0) *kingawsume -- same with RGU, must read up more on. I recall he's connected with several people by interaction though, before.
(0) *Tiruin -- Hi I'm Tiruin.
(0) *Silthuri -- She kidnapped Imic last night; noting that there were 2 kills last night and one is from Gigla, Gigla got boop'd on the nose. This makes Imic seem more town-sided because he got 'cult talked'. I've no idea if Mafia can be cult-converted as this is a BYOR game. Unless they're tied together or whatever, she's confirming non-cult.
(0) *randomgenericusername -- he hilarity'd me. leaning neutral till I read more.
(0) *MoonyTheHuman -- Was GigaGiant, I looked nicely upon GigaGiant before.
(0) *Tawa -- Claimed Detective (...Cop sounds a lot better :v) on Maximum Spin, D2. Really willing to believe he's town, or he's driving a hard bargain at this point. Or is cult leader. :V
(0) *juicebox -- He's my #2 after Maximum, as an answer to NQT's query. Seems to have 3 four posts because I got PPE'd, and all seem to not be proactive? 1; 2; 3; 4
(0) *Imic -- See: Silthuri.

juicebox: Before Tawa's post (leading to your first post)--did you have ANYONE in mind or what your first post would've been?

I didn't check the forum before Tawa's first post, but I guess I would have grilled either Imic or RGU, since they were the most suspicious to me looking back on Day 1.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2018, 04:05:13 pm »

I didn't check the forum before Tawa's first post, but I guess I would have grilled either Imic or RGU, since they were the most suspicious to me looking back on Day 1.
Is it wrong if I ask why? I kinda want to know why I'm so suspicious. I'm clueless.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2018, 04:48:00 pm »

Pfp and catching up. I'm hoping y'all haven't hammered yet.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2018, 04:56:01 pm »

Kinda but Moony switched votes.

Also, everyone should assume im posting from phone unless I say otherwise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2018, 05:29:41 pm »

I'll agree to hammer Max. He really hasn't offered any other alternatives, beside us (appearently) wasting the lynch on somebody with auto revive (I call bs.) This also brings Day 2 to an end, if I'm counting correctly.
Stop. Hammertime. I think.

Votecount:

(6) *Maximum Spin: Tawa, juicebox, randomgenericusername, notquitethere, MoonyTheHuman, kingawsume
(0) *notquitethere:
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) *Tiruin:
(0) *Silthuri:
(0) *randomgenericusername:
(0) *MoonyTheHuman:
(0) *Tawa:
(1) *juicebox: Maximum Spin
(0) *Imic:

Not voting: Tiruin, Silthuri, Imic

(* denotes that the player has not yet used their personal 24 hour extension)

In the end, it was decided that Maximum Spin needed to die. A cult could not be allowed to grow! The L.Y.N.C.H. hummed, and then a large boat fell out of the sky and crushed Spin. The resulting corpse made everyone rest easy until they started getting headaches.

Maximum Spin was Cthulhu(town).
(Auto, Innate): Incomprehensible Eldritch Abomination: When you die for the first time, your alignment flips but your role does not flip aside from this auto. Information on your role abilities other than information about this ability can only be learned firsthand. Your alignment cannot be changed. Certain abilities may treat you as being mafia. You alignment inspect as cult. You have access to your cult chat, and may continue to post in it while dead. Any player who uses an investigative action on you during the night will have their target(s) changed to a random player next night.

In the end, Spin's death revealed nothing but his innocence and a whole load of headaches.

((I'd like to preemptively note that I won't be falsifying roleflips in this game, though I may obscure or redact them. That is Spin's alignment, period.))

Tropecount:

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(6) Boring But Practical: notquitethere, Imic, Tiruin, juicebox, MoonyTheHuman, kingawsume
(0) Katanas Are Just Better:
(0) Gosh Dang It To Heck:
(1) Worthless Yellow Rocks: Tiruin
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Clock King:
(1) Time Master: randomgenericusername
(0) Red Herring:
(0) Jumping The Shark:

Not voting: Silthuri, Tawa

With regards to the tropes, it was decided to introduce the power of Boring, But Practical.

Trope: Boring But Practical: Non-shotted actions cannot be blocked or have their targets changed.

The simpler abilities hummed with power within their users. They would not be thwarted or redirected! Probably.

Mod error note: Day would have ended Friday if not for hammer, not Thursday. 72 hour days, not 48 hour days.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end 9:00 P.M. Central/Forum time Monday, or when I have all actions. Send them in!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:53:56 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(9/11): Night 2: Cthulhu was town?
« Reply #359 on: January 22, 2018, 09:08:34 pm »

Processing night actions. Expect results tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:36:47 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48