Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75984 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(9/11): Night 2: Cthulhu was town?
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2018, 01:05:52 pm »

The dawn broke, and 10 people came together. 9 players. 1 Null Nevermore.

"Oh come on! Nobody died!"

A moment later, there were 9 people. 9 players. 0 Null Nevermores. Null left in frustration.

Votecount:
(0) *notquitethere:
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) *Tiruin:
(0) *Silthuri:
(0) *randomgenericusername:
(0) *MoonyTheHuman:
(0) *Tawa:
(0) *juicebox:
(0) *Imic:

Not voting: Everybody

(* denotes that the player has not yet used their personal 24 hour extension)

Tropecount:

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(0) Katanas Are Just Better:
(0) Gosh Dang It To Heck:
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks:
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Clock King:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:
(0) Jumping The Shark:

Not voting: Everybody

Trope in Effect: Boring But Practical: Non-shotted actions cannot be blocked or have their targets changed.

The day began once again. The game went on.

Day 3 has begun, and will end 8:30 P.M. Central/Forum time Friday. The day's communal extension has not yet been used.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(9/11): Day 3: Null hates it when nobody dies
« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2018, 01:14:07 pm »

Apparently somebody blocked my ability last night. I was unable to perform my action. At least no-one actually died.
However, it was noted as a kidnapping... I wonder if it might have been some sort of role check.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2018, 01:18:57 pm »

PFP because wow this game starts at 2AM!

Maximum Spin was Cthulhu(town).
(Auto, Innate): Incomprehensible Eldritch Abomination: When you die for the first time, your alignment flips but your role does not flip aside from this auto. Information on your role abilities other than information about this ability can only be learned firsthand. Your alignment cannot be changed. Certain abilities may treat you as being mafia. You alignment inspect as cult. You have access to your cult chat, and may continue to post in it while dead. Any player who uses an investigative action on you during the night will have their target(s) changed to a random player next night.
I am thoroughly confused -.-
The blue part means 'only this auto shows when you die alongside your (true?) alignment'. Otherwise all information is only learned 'firsthand', meaning via abilities. Max will always be Town, meaning if revived or whatever--HOWEVER this doesn't mean he cannot be cult converted (or...maybe he can't because of that auto innate).
"Certain abilities may treat you as being mafia"
"You alignment inspect as cult"
How the heck are those even possible?!

AND there's a 'cult chat'??
That's one buffed up role there.
FoU: Is it possible for there to be a 'fake' ability in a person's ability list in their role?

Tawa: Report on your night result.

PPE bluh sleeeeeep

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 23, 2018, 01:25:18 pm »

I'm worried. It feels like there's tension growing.
Well, no - one died.
That means two things:
The mafia/third party didn't go for anyone
Or:
We have a lot of support roles.

There is another possibility...
W emay have a lot of townies and fewer third parties then I thought. There must be at least two people capable of killing someone, though, as evidenced by yesterday. We need to figure out who's who, we can't afford to kill another townie. I was wrong about the cult, I was wrong, I was wrooooong! It still raises the question, though, why did cthulu turn out to be town anyway? I just... His role was so flipping confusing!

@Mooney
The prvious night, I was roleblocked by someone who put a bag over my head, and tossed me into a car, and then this happened:
Pfp

I kidnapped Imic last night, blocking him and preventing others from acting upon him. I was worried about cult influences which is why I picked him. I don't know why RGN got randomized to himself, but it had nothing to do with my ability and probably not Imic because 1. I targeted him just fine and 2. My action removed him from the game for the night.
Do you have anything to tell us, @Silthuri?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 23, 2018, 01:44:10 pm »

Pfp

Yeah, Tawa.  I block people and assuming you and Tiru and I tell the truth, we have two kidnappers.

By the way, I did kidnap moony last night because of the possible kill and I don't trust them enough to let that go unattended.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 23, 2018, 01:50:56 pm »

Ebwop

Why the hell did I think Imic was Tawa? Ugh...

So that is addressed to Imic and scrap the bit about Tawa telling the truth. I thought Tawa was claiming to have been blocked too. My bad guys...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #366 on: January 23, 2018, 02:13:17 pm »

RIP, at least king wasn't attacked. I was busy defending him. You know what. I've done the risk calculation, and it will be worth it. (i hope. i really really hope.)
This is my role:
I am a Doctor, who aligns with Town. (But i can help someone who i shouldn't have helped by mistake if i'm not careful with who I pick.)
I can perform the following abilities at night:
Trauma Surgery: I protect my target from one kill.
Extreme CPR: IF, and only if, my target is killed, i protect them from that kill and all further kills that night, making them invincible for the night unless overridden (By an unknown force). If they are not killed, I kill them.

I have no Day abilites, and no passive abilities.

This will be risky, but i think it should be worth it.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 23, 2018, 02:15:28 pm »

My non-shotted action was messed with. Oh well.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 23, 2018, 03:48:58 pm »

RIP, at least king wasn't attacked. I was busy defending him. You know what. I've done the risk calculation, and it will be worth it. (i hope. i really really hope.)
This is my role:
I am a Doctor, who aligns with Town. (But i can help someone who i shouldn't have helped by mistake if i'm not careful with who I pick.)
I can perform the following abilities at night:
Trauma Surgery: I protect my target from one kill.
Extreme CPR: IF, and only if, my target is killed, i protect them from that kill and all further kills that night, making them invincible for the night unless overridden (By an unknown force). If they are not killed, I kill them.

I have no Day abilites, and no passive abilities.

This will be risky, but i think it should be worth it.
PFP because 4am and sleepy as bluhgh.
Moony I'd question why you're claiming right now--and why exactly does the info here go contradictory to what you said towards NQT when you 'accidentally killed them'.
That does not parse as 'accidentally'.

Pfp

Yeah, Tawa.  I block people and assuming you and Tiru and I tell the truth, we have two kidnappers.

By the way, I did kidnap moony last night because of the possible kill and I don't trust them enough to let that go unattended.
Um ._. how am I involved here? Sleepy brain here. Will recongifure self toromrw

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #369 on: January 23, 2018, 04:20:03 pm »

The action that was performed over night when i was swapped in was Extreme CPR. It WOULD have revived NQT from all kills had he been attacked, but i don't know all of GigaGiant's reasoning. I assumed the kill was an accident.

I'm claiming for... Well, my gut mostly. (And potentially lack of sleep iness :P)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 23, 2018, 04:59:43 pm »

@Tiru

My sleepy mind thought Imic was Tawa for some really dumb reason, so I was a bit confused with the claim of being blocked. So you can just ignore that first paragraph.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 23, 2018, 05:20:33 pm »

Speaking of Tawa, he's asked for a replacement.

I am thoroughly confused -.-
The blue part means 'only this auto shows when you die alongside your (true?) alignment'. Otherwise all information is only learned 'firsthand', meaning via abilities. Max will always be Town, meaning if revived or whatever--HOWEVER this doesn't mean he cannot be cult converted (or...maybe he can't because of that auto innate).
"Certain abilities may treat you as being mafia"
"You alignment inspect as cult"
How the heck are those even possible?!

AND there's a 'cult chat'??
That's one buffed up role there.
FoU: Is it possible for there to be a 'fake' ability in a person's ability list in their role?
To answer your questions:
1. "Firsthand" means that the information cannot be disseminated secondhand. For example, if someone was told secretly by Spin what his abilities were, that someone would not be permitted to spread the information. The same goes if someone learns information about his role via inspections.
2. How the heck are those even possible? BYOR.
3. There's a cult chat. Not necessarily one made up of people with the cult alignment.
4. A fake ability in the roleflip? There will be no abilities that significantly falsify(as opposed to obscuring or redacting) a roleflip, as I consider that a bastard mechanic. Something like creating a fake ability to replace Spin's flip is a definite no go.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:38:56 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #372 on: January 23, 2018, 05:23:48 pm »

Speaking of Tawa, he's asked for a replacement.
Some day we will all be replacementos.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(9/11): Day 3: Null wishes he didn't need 1 replacement
« Reply #373 on: January 23, 2018, 09:01:13 pm »

Well, I can confirm that Moony was not a valid target last night. It only took an extra night (damn Hilarity Ensues), but I was "Unable to find my target."
Meaning, yes, he was jailed, but with flavor text.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(9/11): Day 3: Null wishes he didn't need 1 replacement
« Reply #374 on: January 23, 2018, 09:07:01 pm »

EBWOP

I don't think Worthless Yellow rocks is a good trope choice; Judging by the description, it'll nullify all of our other abilities, but give us an incredibly powerful ability we either can't use or is good in theory, but ill-advised or worthless in practice.

How about Star-Crossed Lovers?
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48