Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 75999 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(9/11): Day 3: Null wishes he didn't need 1 replacement
« Reply #375 on: January 24, 2018, 02:19:59 am »

The clock king. I wnt to see this one playing out, and it's better than affably evil.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 24, 2018, 08:55:48 am »

I think I'll vote for Star-Crossed Lovers (Star-Crossed Lovers?)

Clock King would probably buff the mafia with some time-related ability.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2018, 08:59:23 am »

I strongly suspect Star-Crossed Lovers will either make someone equiv to the Werewolf matchmaker, or match two lovers. if this goes by Werewolf standard rules, that means when one lover dies, so does the other.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2018, 09:48:05 am »

I think I'll vote for Star-Crossed Lovers (Star-Crossed Lovers?)
Both colors are fine.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2018, 09:26:33 pm »

Nobody died last night? Excellent.

I'll vote for Clock King, It sounds more interesting than Star Crossed Lovers, and I don't think that any of the tropes will favor too heavily towards one side.

Here are some reads for you guys:

notquitethere: Has made some good posts, is trying to help town. Leaning town on him

kingawsume: Don't know what to think of him at all, Not getting very much out of his posts. Null Read

Tiruin: Is trying the hardest to generate content, generally is trying to help town. Town read

Silthuri: Kidnapped Imic and Moony, Has made some good posts, slight town read

randomgenericusername: Seems dodgy, doesn't seem to be attempting to generate much content. Slight scum lean.

MoonyTheHuman: Was getting a a town read from Gigagiant, but I'm not getting the same vibes from his predecessor. Claims that Gigagiant targeted NQT with a kill, but his roleclaim seems to contradict that claim. Leaning scum

Tawa: Seems to be an alignment detective, which is usually a town role, so pretty strong town lean.

juicebox: Comes in Orange, Grape, and Fruit Punch

Imic: Seemed pretty suspicious, was tied up with this cultist business but now I'm not so sure about him. Null read

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2018, 09:30:22 pm »

I didn't say GigaGiant (Really, if I did, give me a link) outright used a kill. I said he used Extreme CPR, which can kill, but makes someone invulnerable for the night if someone else tries to kill them. Maybe it was intentional, but I dunno GigaGiant's goal.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2018, 10:22:05 pm »

NotquiteThere, I've got GigaGiant's reasoning (thanks fallacy). If you want to hear the details, just ask and I'll summarize it for you. In essence, GigaGiant had reason to believe you would be such targeted that night, so he used Extreme CPR to attempt to protect you. However that (was, Mr plan killer :P) is still a winwin, because if you were not attacked, you were likely scum. In our situation, you weren't attacked.
Note that the details may be a little sensitive, so it's up to you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2018, 10:55:34 pm »

NotquiteThere, I've got GigaGiant's reasoning (thanks fallacy). If you want to hear the details, just ask and I'll summarize it for you. In essence, GigaGiant had reason to believe you would be such targeted that night, so he used Extreme CPR to attempt to protect you. However that (was, Mr plan killer :P) is still a winwin, because if you were not attacked, you were likely scum. In our situation, you weren't attacked.
Note that the details may be a little sensitive, so it's up to you.
I've got a big post for later but what in the world did this reasoning even come from?

I didn't say GigaGiant (Really, if I did, give me a link) outright used a kill. I said he used Extreme CPR, which can kill, but makes someone invulnerable for the night if someone else tries to kill them. Maybe it was intentional, but I dunno GigaGiant's goal.
Y'know I'm seeing a better option :vc
Trauma Surgery: I protect my target from one kill.
Extreme CPR: IF, and only if, my target is killed, i protect them from that kill and all further kills that night, making them invincible for the night unless overridden (By an unknown force). If they are not killed, I kill them.
It's somewhere other than Extreme CPR...

Because you're saying 'KILL HIM MANY TIMES'.
Explicitly.

And NOBODY ELSE HERE IS SCUMHUNTING OR FOLLOWING UP ON THEIR "TARGETS" AS SAID YESTERDAY.
Also Juicebox is pretty much away like NQT for some reason hence why I'm not poking him :v
juicebox, I'd like to know who your suspects are and if you really suspect anyone as of today, though.

Because seriously. No red stuff from anyone but me.
Where did the dayhunting go? It REALLY feels like people are taking a passive approach to this with all the powers. -.-

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2018, 11:30:00 pm »

Eeep!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:18:11 am by MoonyTheHuman »

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #384 on: January 24, 2018, 11:59:47 pm »

*rereads, realised it's public info like a idiot*
Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
Here we go, a full explanation:
Since NQT received investigation results from BlachHeartKabal, GigaGiant believed the chance suck would try to kill him so he couldn't just it was high, so he decided to do Extreme CPR, which has a win-win (mostly) situation: either NAT is protected from all kills and can be considered towny, or he gets killed and is likely revealed scum. He believed it would be highly unlikely another killing townie would target NQT and ruin the attempt, which either that or a role related ability happened.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2018, 12:14:34 am »

Triple Post!
To note, BlackHeartKabal probably didn't lie about that message.

Right now, I'm looking at two possible lynch candidates: Max or BHK, and, as you can see, leaning BHK. The way I see it, lynching BHK could give us tons of crucial information tonight.

When I put the first vote on Maximum Spin, RGUN, Tiruin, Silthuri, king, and BHK all voted after me. In my opinion, BHK was a blatant bandwagon. I feel like something is also off about RGUN's vote, and kingawsume's vote was almost certainly a suspicious bandwagon, but that's beside my point.

Now, if Max is actually mafia, then we can safely assume that if BHK is mafia, BHK wouldn't bandwagon on Max. So if we lynch BHK and find out they're scum, we can assume that Max is town. In that case, we can assume that Max is telling the truth about Imic and the cult message. If we lynch BHK and they're town, we're down a lurker.

Lastly, I have a hypothesis--a deeply grasping-at-straws hypothesis, but a hypothesis nonetheless--that BHK could be the cult leader. Their initial group of questions suggests that BHK could be third party. This would also explain the lurking as a ploy to keep the cult hush-hush. Again, this is pretty out there, and I don't expect it to be true--but I think it's definitely a possibility.
I'm a role that can only give my action results through messages to others primed to send after I die, since I'm forbidden from giving anything I learn out outside of my death messages. I asked the questions to screen and give a breadcrumb to put NQT up if he doesn't out my results, since I was intent on having the messages be sent to him for this game, which is why I asked the question to him. I can prime one message per day but can prime another if I give up my vote.

NotQuiteThere Give us the message please.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 25, 2018, 03:18:23 am »

Sorry I'm late to be here. It's been a bus work week and then I slept for half a day.

With all these no-kills, this game might have already Jumped The Shark!

OK so I guess Max deliberately got themselves lynched to prove they were town. A bit time-wastey, but at least no one died in the night over it. Their "alignment-flip" could be fake and we still don't know what they've been doing cult-wise.

Max, what are you going to do with your confirmed status?

---

Silthuri, what's your best guess on what happened in the night given the lack of kills?

---

Moony
NotQuiteThere Give us the message please.

I already did. BHK gave me some role info on Tiruin, as stated here:

I was entrusted some information about your role by BHK. Not going to reveal the name as it hints strongly at rolepowers, but it begins with the letter H (or, X, in a sense). Get it right?

Tiruin has already confirmed that I was right, but I can spell out the whole message if needs be.

---

Tiruin, do you mind if I reveal  your role?

---

RGU
My non-shotted action was messed with. Oh well.
How so?

---

Kingawsume
Well, I can confirm that Moony was not a valid target last night. It only took an extra night (damn Hilarity Ensues), but I was "Unable to find my target."
Meaning, yes, he was jailed, but with flavor text.
What were you doing to Moony?

---

Imic, Ok so let me get this straight, you say there was a cult conversion attempt, but the person who flips 'cultist' is town... so where was the real cultist? What aren't I getting here?

--

Juicebox, nice reads list, but do you have any cases?

--

Tawa, who did you inspect last night?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 25, 2018, 03:54:51 am »

I DON'T KNOW
I got a message saying there was a cult, I, naturally, assumed that was bad, aso I told everyone.
But, it turns out the cult was actually good, and me telling everyone killed it! I screwed up! We need the next person we lynch to be scum, or at least third - party, sice we cannot afford to lose another townie!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 25, 2018, 04:52:26 am »

Eeep!
Oi D:<
YOU WERE TOLD TO NOT EDIT!

ALSO nqt, sure. Reveal it. Do it. [/Palpatine]
We both got good stuff from BHI. Or uh, at least in knowing the Pm v:
Also on phone. Autocorrect and all. Horrible connection.
Since NQT received investigation results from BlachHeartKabal, GigaGiant believed the chance suck would try to kill him so he couldn't just it was high, so he decided to do Extreme CPR, which has a win-win (mostly) situation: either NAT is protected from all kills and can be considered towny, or he gets killed and is likely revealed scum. He believed it would be highly unlikely another killing townie would target NQT and ruin the attempt, which either that or a role related ability happened.
...so you decided to KILL HIM?!
LOOK. Your premise is shaky at first inspection. All your winwin is based on the flipping (heh pun) premise that HE IS LIKELY SCUM. WHICH IS INCONSIDERATE because you assume more than ONE KILL going on and thus decide "it's okay".
While I do not fault you for that action as it is a tecjnicality--I do fault GigaG, and the note of how you explained it at first (You described it as something positive "with a small chance of the kill occurring").

I was going to invite because your panic is...consistent, but there's *this* consistency about:
1. Why did you claim when there was no pressure
2. Why did you say it had "a chance to be positive" when the logic being explained is...easily resolved by going with the lesser (and more conventional route)
And while this is neutral; Id just like to know more, and it may be a difficult position because of you having to speak for Gigla (or at least, that's where your wording led the reasoning to for me).

I DON'T KNOW
I got a message saying there was a cult, I, naturally, assumed that was bad, aso I told everyone.
But, it turns out the cult was actually good, and me telling everyone killed it! I screwed up! We need the next person we lynch to be scum, or at least third - party, sice we cannot afford to lose another townie!
wut?
So...the ""cult"" who "confirmed you" was ACTUALLY Max?

Also why are you panicking on that last line there? @_@
Feel guilty? v:

nqt sorry for horrible format in words. PFP.  I got the answer to your query up there. Why are you talking to Max? He ded. v:

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 25, 2018, 04:55:25 am »

Since NQT received investigation results from BlachHeartKabal,
wait. "Investigation", specifically? BHI didn't PM you. Or are you GUESSING @_@
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48