Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Deniable Assets Race-Thantro Technologies Strategic Command  (Read 10416 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Deniable Assets Race-Thantro Technologies Strategic Command
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2018, 03:05:19 pm »

Bump? I mean, pretty sure everyone is waiting on us, but I don't think the GM is going to accept votes from a single person and we can't even make squad compositions yet nobody has any idea on what anyone else wants to go in for with the missions.

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2018, 03:16:48 pm »

Quote from: Mission Decision
Warehouse Defense (o):
Infiltration (1):
Drug Deal (0):
House Break-In (1): Doomblade (2 agents)
Scientist Transport (2): DoubloonSeven, Doomblade
Vault Defense (2): DoubloonSeven, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2018, 03:21:38 pm »

None of those have plans attached, the votes are meaningless. Sorry, but I don't have time to make plans today.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2018, 03:30:35 pm »

None of those have plans attached, the votes are meaningless. Sorry, but I don't have time to make plans today.
I know, but I wanted to start voting on which missions to do.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2018, 03:40:49 pm »

Send Zachary, Roberto, and Tino to the drug deal. Give Tino the grenade launcher.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2018, 05:33:41 pm »

First, a list of agents available. New hires are bolded. New spells are bolded but in blue.
Now all our current equipment, minus unusable scavenge. New equipment purchases are still just listed in the actual team layouts. This is mostly for my benefit.
Spoiler: Current Equipment (click to show/hide)
We have 77 supply available, after maintenance. And it isn't listed here or in the actual equipment spoiler, but we do have a Milkor MGL already since the request gave us one to start off with; Johiah just forgot to include it.

New purchases are bolded. I didn't include the parenthetical supply cost for things we already have. Enchantments are in brackets after the enchanted item.

48 supply / 77 supply available.
Efficiency.
Chiefwaffles' Plan (1): Chiefwaffles
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:35:22 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2018, 05:38:42 pm »

Chiefwaffles' Plan (2): Chiefwaffles, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2018, 05:40:35 pm »

Chiefwaffles' Plan (3): Chiefwaffles, Happerry, Draignean
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2018, 05:45:36 pm »

My proposal: modify the crate so that there's a grenade in the crate to blow it if it is opened before the receiving team disarms the detonator. This is in addition to the grenade given to the researcher. The detonator will be hidden in the loveseat.

Chiefwaffles' Plan (3): Chiefwaffles, Happerry, Draignean
Doomblade Edit: (1) Doomblade

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2018, 05:48:58 pm »

Chiefwaffles' Plan (4): Chiefwaffles, Happerry, Draignean, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2018, 06:02:18 pm »

Chiefwaffles' Plan (5): Chiefwaffles, Happerry, Draignean, Rockeater, DoubloonSeven
Doomblade Edit (1): Doomblade

Avanti!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2018, 08:53:59 pm »

Thantro Mission Reports:

Thantro Security Team 1: (Drug bust)
The assault team waits at the site, hidden in nearby buildings. When both sides arrive and get out of their cars, the team spots seven guards brought by the purchaser and his right hand man, and the Mondragon employee brought only his two personal bodyguards. Before the drugs were brought out of the car, Kyle launched a single grenade into the middle of the group as the signal to start firing. Due to the distance the foal pistols were almost useless, but Juanita and Amy both scored four kills. Kyle took three, and the other scored naught but injuries. The mission was a success, and the team came back with substantial amounts of drugs, which we promptly sold. In debreifing, Jones complained about the general uselessness of the foal pistol.
Mission success
Five agents more experienced
+20 supply

Thantro Security Team 2: (Vault guard)
Ultimately, all of the preparation for the protection of the vault was utterly useless. The Mondragons did not attack this month. Due to there being no combat, no one gained experience during the mission. Also, Kyle was absent due to being requested for the drug bust. He expressed confusion at being assigned to both missions, one of which he was listed having a Thaumic Potential of only 4. He indignantly informs command that whoever designated him as a 4 should have to clean the bathroom floors next month at R&D.
Mission success
Kyle indignant

Scientist shipping
The scientist made it to the farm without conflict, although this may not work in the future as a drone was spotted watching the farm. It is likely that the Mondragons will now be more closely tracking details about shipping in major cities. His only complaint was that the air got stale near the end of the trip. Command congratulates you on such an ingenious method of avoiding enemies.
Mission success
+20 supply

You have 172 supply this month.

6 force armor enchantments

Spoiler: Agents (click to show/hide)

It is now the Design Phase of March 1983. You may vote on a single design.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:16:59 am by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2018, 01:16:38 pm »

Mind's Eye
As our Thaumaturge sat inside his box, re-watching Tron on the provided VHS player last week, he had an idea.
What if we could use magic to get a better view of the battlefield? The area of magic is surprisingly similar to pocket magic, as they both involve time & space. But where pocket magic manipulates and modifies time & space, Mind's Eye just views it.

Mind's Eye will allow our mages to become aware of the surrounding area, including awareness of enemy agents, traps, security measures, and the like. In deep, almost meditation-like, concentration, an agent can see a great distance around them, through any obstacle and through fairly great distances. In regular, "casual", concentration, agents can be aware of their surroundings (similar-ish to just regular eyesight) regardless of things like flashbangs and through nearby thin walls and cover.

Blink
What is reality, but a really big pocket dimension?
By taking lessons from how our pocket magic creates pockets, we can apply some of the same techniques to reality itself. Not all the same techniques, of course; there's a reason this is a design and not a "by-the-way" order to our operatives.

We can't manipulate the size of reality itself, but we can casually tear it. The tear repairs itself nearly immediately, but it persists long enough for us to make use of it. Tearing reality in a specific direction in just the right way allows us to effectively "remove" the space between two points for a matter of nanoseconds. If our operatives perform this tear as they're moving into the tear, they can effectively "teleport" between the two points.
Of course, the more reality one tears the more energy it takes, so the range is (for now) limited to "tactical" ranges and the exact range depends on the Attunement of the one blinking. But being able to effectively teleport around the battlefield is an immensely powerful tool.
TL;DR: We condense space-time between two points to make travel between them very briefly instantanteous, effectively allowing for short-range LoS-based teleportation. Based on our experience with expanding space-time from pocket magic. Most similar to A Wrinkle in Time's tesseract.

Mind's Eye (0):
Blink (1): Chiefwaffles
Imagine.
Blink + Force Armor + Force Buckler + Shotgun.
Our operatives blink to their faces and shotgun them in their faces. They may get a few shots off, but those shots won't mean a thing thanks to our magical armor.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:30:59 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2018, 01:23:47 pm »

Mind's Eye (1): Doomblade
Blink (1): Chiefwaffles

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2018, 01:37:12 pm »

Mind's Eye (1): Doomblade
Blink (2): Chiefwaffles, Rockeater
They are gonna be salty at the end of this
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10