Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 90938 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2018, 04:02:24 pm »

Shouldn’t civilizations that have lore regarding their origins, physiology, and other factors give bonuses/maluses during certain conditions? For example, since my civilization (the Orassans) people evolved in cold climates, can they get perks when in cold biomes?

If you want to do especially well in a certain biome, you will have to research it. I decided against having racial differences in this game so the things the GM does will not be affected by any lore. Might alter the behaviors of other civilizations and gods though.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2018, 04:46:37 pm »

Shouldn’t civilizations that have lore regarding their origins, physiology, and other factors give bonuses/maluses during certain conditions? For example, since my civilization (the Orassans) people evolved in cold climates, can they get perks when in cold biomes?

If you want to do especially well in a certain biome, you will have to research it. I decided against having racial differences in this game so the things the GM does will not be affected by any lore. Might alter the behaviors of other civilizations and gods though.

So we have to research cold/heat-resistant clothing?
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2018, 04:54:21 pm »

Only if the gods make super hot or cold areas, and you want to thrive in such places.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2018, 05:27:07 pm »

It'd be cool if the continents were separated by extreme land bridges and murderous ocean squares.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2018, 06:27:36 pm »

Turn 7

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

The GM only plays a little bit of favoritism, but one thing I never do is fudge a foraging roll. Also, people can have similar colors for now, but if they ever meet eachother the GM will have to do something to differentiate them. You can't be black though. Black is technically a lack of color.

Also, to start playing as a civilization you will need to specify your starting tile.

Godly behaviors of particular note
Mt. Challenge has been created at B5 by Rasp.

Felius did not have the necessary 5FP to create a special tile on J11.

You can reduce the odds that the GM will misinterpret your intentions by mentioning the amount of FP you expect to use.

The Nirii Dominion
The Nirii dominion sends one person to forage at B2 to collect 1 food, one person to B3 to collect 3 food, one person to C2 to collect 4 food, one to C2 to collect 2 food and one to D3 who brings back 1 food.

Proof of concept has been achieved for Farming. The awareness that food is growing and that you can do things to affect it ensures that this technology is possible to research to completion!

Sylva Horde
All five members of the Sylva Horde pray to Kyuu.

Cultivating of Beans
The Cultivating of Beans sends one person to forage at K1 to collect 3 food, one to J1 to collect 2 food and one to K2 who collects 3 food. Research continues on Swampland farming and one civilian prays to Blarg.

The population of the Cultivating of Beans is increased by 1.

Orassan Empire
The Orassan Empire sends 2 people to forage at K10 to collect 4 food and one person to K11 to collect 1 food. One person prays to Felius.

Unable to concentrate on a single project for long, research begins on Structure Construction. The Orassan are able to understand the concept of a structure.

Drecthul Commonwealth
Three civilians forage at D5 to collect 4 food and 2 people research Mountaineering.

Tir Cloch
The civilization of Tir Cloch has been established dangerously close to the Drecthul Commonwealth. They send 3 people to forage at D5 to collect 4 food. One of them prays to Forknor, and one starts to research Basic Tools, and theoretical level knowledge is promptly achieved.

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:48:04 pm by Supernerd »

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2018, 06:48:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hopefully I can start praying to Hasoc again soon. Eventually. Maybe.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2018, 07:01:10 pm »

rocky beach, I8, Hasoc
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:36:35 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2018, 07:08:20 pm »

Nirii Dominion

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2018, 07:09:59 pm »

TacTac
Convert K11 into a Golden Catnip Field. The leaves are made out of edible gold!
(Also hope and pray this works lol)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2018, 07:14:12 pm »

Drecthul Commonwealth

3 Civilians forage in B6, 1 Civilian prays to Kyuu, 1 Civilian researches Mountaineering.
The Drecthul decide to hold off on attempting Mt Challenge for the moment given the current lack of mountaineering techniques.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:29:40 pm by RulerOfNothing »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2018, 07:58:33 pm »

Orassan Empire

3 guys forage K10, 2 research agriculture

We need to get food stable asap for population reasons.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:32:04 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2018, 08:24:57 pm »

Orassan Empire

3 guys forage K10, 2 research farming

We need to get food stable asap for population reasons.

To clarify, do you mean you want to continue research on agriculture, or start a new tech?
I usually correct minor terminology errors, but 'Agriculture' was a term you decided on yourself.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2018, 08:30:12 pm »

Supernerd, what are the rules on editing our actions?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2018, 08:44:57 pm »

Did you forget my 6 pop to research housrmaking?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2018, 08:47:23 pm »

Editing actions is legal, but the edit date is the official time of the action when it comes to deciding priorities. It should also not be done for the purpose of deceiving other players. (Thats what secret actions are for)

I'll probably overlook any edits unless I have reason to believe that people are using them to gain some kind of unfair advantage or something.

Also yes, I missed the second research action. I tend to miss a lot of things because I don't meticulously double check my updates like I do with stuff at my actual job.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70