Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 90946 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2018, 04:39:29 pm »

"Arkas shall bore a foul pit within the world!"

Arkas creates a special tile for 5 FP at E4. The tile is a Spawning Pit, which periodically spawns snake monsters that will attack all those nearby, except those who pray to Arkas.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2018, 04:47:25 pm »

Turn 8

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

A new game mechanic has been introduced. Please look up Logistics in the civilizations spoiler on the first post.

I'm going to permit action donation provided that it does not appear that people are abusing the feature, because all it does it make you weaker and another god stronger. Note that the donated actions aren't usable until the next turn.

Godly behaviors of particular note
TacTac converts the catnip field at K11 into a Golden Catnip Field! Its super wierd.

Forknor gives some of its power to Snag. What could this mean?

The Nirii Dominion
The Nirii Dominion sends one person to forage at the following locations. B2, B3, C2, C3 and D3. A total of 13 food was collected... But the Nirii Dominion is not sure about how much food came from each specific tile! (See new logistics mechanic).

2 people continue research on farming, and the population is expanded by one.

Sylva Horde
The Sylva Horde sends two people to forage at I11 to collect 2 food and one to J11 who collects 1 food. Research continues on basic toolmaking, and proof of concept has been achieved.

Cultivating of Beans
The cultivating of beans sends one person to K1 to collect 3 food, 1 person to J1 to collect 2 food, and one person to K2 to collect 3 food. 1 person researches swamp farming and another person researches swamp housebuilding and two people pray to Blarg.

Orassan Empire
The Orassan Empire has 3 people forage at K10 to collect 8 food. 2 people research agriculture, and proof of concept has been achieved.

Drecthul Commonwealth
The Drecthul Commonwealth has three people forage at B6 to collect 7 food. 1 person prays to Kyuu and one person researches mountaineering... And a breakthrough is finally achieved!

The Mountaineering technology permits you to survey a mountain tile to reveal information that is ordinarily kept secret from players. As an added bonus, your civilization has become aware of the concept of "Mountain Trails"!

Tir Cloch
Tir Cloch sends three people to tile... Um... You didn't select a tile, so they went nowhere. (Please see the big bold text on the first post about co-ordinates and no exceptions). One person researches tools and another person researches agriculture.

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »

"Arkas shall bore a foul pit within the world!"

Arkas creates a special tile for 5 FP at E4. The tile is a Spawning Pit, which periodically spawns snake monsters that will attack all those nearby, except those who pray to Arkas.
Missed this?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2018, 05:05:52 pm »

Snag expends 5FP to cause a mystical volcano of boiling blood from which fierce demons may crawl forth into the world at his call to grow on tile J11.

He offers his remaining 2FP as part of a collaboration with Blarg to upgrade tile K1 into a 5FP swamp of glowing will-o'-wisps and mysterious magic.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2018, 05:08:33 pm »

Supernerd, do I need to spend all 3 labor for a survey in one go?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »

Nirii Dominion

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

Does population growth count against logistics?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2018, 05:11:35 pm »

I'll get to the snake thing next turn. The ninja post came after I completed the map.

As for the labor thing, I'm going to say that you can spread it over several turns.

Population is not directly related to logistics.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2018, 05:13:41 pm »

Also question, is it possible to replace special tiles?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2018, 05:15:14 pm »

Drecthul Commonwealth

2 Civilians will forage from B6, 3 Civilians will survey C6. Increase population by 1.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:20:19 pm by RulerOfNothing »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2018, 05:35:38 pm »

Cultivating of Beans
1pop forage at k1, 1pop forages at J1, 1pop forages at k2, 1pop researches swamp farming, 1 pop researches swamp housebuilding, 2 pop pray to blarg
Create 1 pop
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:10:32 pm by Detoxicated »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2018, 05:42:09 pm »

Also question, is it possible to replace special tiles?

There are two abilities that currently exist which can replace a tile.

The 5fp action to create a special tile can only replace a basic tile, but the 3fp action to replace a tile can replace any kind of tile.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2018, 05:48:36 pm »

Kyuu looks at the world, and decides to make a few changes, mostly to a small portion of it. They create something they call a Caligine Perussi Silvam, a forest shrouded in mist...They make this on C8, yet plan on making another on H11...soon...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2018, 05:51:53 pm »

I gave whoever's on K11 free gold. Can i haz prayers now.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »

So with logistics, can I make my civilization forage with more members than my population allows? I.E five actions of 2x civilians foraging on tiles, rather than five actions of only one civilian.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2018, 09:25:07 pm »

There is nothing stopping you from doing more than 5 different kinds of actions in a turn. There's just random penalties for doing so.

Your logistics can be increased by various science projects.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70