Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.5 (Year 0)  (Read 11551 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - (Year 0)
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2018, 07:08:30 am »

Talin goes to his fellow Bug-folk-monsters-whatever, and goes to recruit a small scouting force for scouting missions that he intends to partake on.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2018, 07:30:23 am »

I'm going to spend my time recruiting and training others of my kind.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018, 06:59:19 pm »

Figure out the total size and relevant info of our nation. Citizens, numbers and types of monster (small edit), location on the mountain, food supply, agriculture, current forces, other production if any, what non-military monsters do with their time, and what would they be interested in doing? How large the current site is and how large it can grow. Any other relevant information that makes itself apparent.

How long have we been at this site?
How did all of the current monsters get here?
What is the radius of the tear, or in int 1 terms how far does it work? (hope probably isn't super up on geometry)
Who were the old guard, how did they live, where was their settlement, and what skills and items do they bring to the kingdom?

Think a census for information that hope didn't already know, though not a formal one.
Hope will not rush to do this, but rather meander as curiousity takes it, asking questions, wandering, and observing.
This may allow for unsought rumors or information, but may also not allow time to answer all questions/gain a complete understanding of enverything (small edit)

EDIT: Do elementals sleep? I would think not.
If not, Social Observance during the day, but it expands to exist in as much darkeness as it can (within the capitol, on the ground, not in private spaces) to observe as much as possible/see the capitol from a larger perspective. It also may take the time to interact with interesting night creatures in similar ways

EDIT EDIT: Ah if someone drops something or somehow is about to harm the expanded-night-hope, it quickly learns to be aware of such things and avoid them. (May not always work but it at least tries not to get hurt by random things)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:04:37 pm by Jbehler64 »

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 08:43:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2018, 11:40:00 pm »

Turn 0.1 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar

~1st Month of the Year 0 (Free Time)~

Azarian the Thoughtbeast - (Dustan Hache)

Recruitment:
[4] Azarian sought a scouting force among the forces of Zethe, and managed to find a few groups fitting its criteria. Azarian may assemble a scouting force among these groups:

Spoiler: the Harpies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the Floating Oculi (click to show/hide)

Information Gathering:
[6] Azarian gathered information about Unnamed Forests far from Mount Tartarus. Azarian managed to gather a lot of information by asking the monsters residing in Zethe, but several facts contradicted themselves. At least, the name remained the same.

Spoiler: Ergant Forests (click to show/hide)

Eversor the Animated Armor - (Hawk132)

Recruitment:
[4] Eversor started recruiting undead monsters to form an army. There were several undead beasts available, and even some undead born from Human soldiers.

Undead Energy: Undead sustains themselves using an energy released by death and decay. Such sources are graveyards, recent battlefields, etc... It is hard to store this resource, and as such Undead are advised to "produce" it during their travels if they start lacking it.

Spoiler: the Pale Beasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the Bonecrushers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the Skeletal Warriors (click to show/hide)

Training:
[5] Under Eversor's guidance and great battle experience, the undead troops battle potential greatly increased. Furthermore, their discipline and morale increased.

Pale Beasts CR increased by 10
Bonecrushers CR increased by 20
Skeletal Warriors CR increased by 10

New Traits: Disciplined, Well-Trained.

Eversor may specify what kind of training the troops underwent, for additional bonuses.

Talin the Humanoid Bug - (Imic)

Recruitment:
[3] Talin went on to contact the other Bug monsters of Zethe, though unfortunately for him, they weren't numerous.

Spoiler: the Bug Folk (click to show/hide)

Rusty the Materivor - (crazyabe)

Recruitment:
[4] Rusty sought his fellow Materivor, who had been following him for a while.

Spoiler: the Materivors (click to show/hide)

Training:
[4] Rusty then trained the Materivors, preparing them for future battles.

Materivors CR increased by 15.

New Traits: Trained, Lightly Disciplined

Hope the Shadow Elemental - (Jbehler64)

Hope had ambitious projects, as he wished to gather precise data about the kingdom. Unfortunately, such an endeavor would take a tremendous amount of resources and time.

The number of citizens was unknown, as there was no organized administration yet. Hope knew roughly that setting up some form of agriculture and livestock farming was among the many projects of the kingdom, as until then you had been constantly moving, thus relying on hunting and gathering.

You have been at Mount Tartarus for a week or two, and just conquered it yesterday. You came here after traveling a bit, looking for a land where to settle. For the same reason you didn't know the number of citizens, it was hard to determine your current forces as every citizen was considered part of your forces. After all, many still fought for their lives daily a mere days ago.

The majority of citizens gathered to the Mt Tartarus after hearing the call of Radeus, a powerful mental call that used the Tear as a catalyst.

From what you know, the Tear currently covers the whole region of Mount Tartarus. It barely reaches the Distance 0 regions.

Meeting the Forgotten Guards:
[-] Hope met with the Forgotten Guards. Animated Armors from an unknown era, they bore no rust nor dent, and their armors were carved with very intricate lines and designs. They lived in the ruins of the Tartarus, protecting it from intruders. They were pacified by Radeus. Now part of Zethe, they work as security enforcers, as most of them are unable to leave the ruins without dying.

[4] Through their meeting, they shared with him more information about the Tartarus and its ruins.

The ruins under Tartarus are labyrinthine in nature, and made of several sealed levels. None of them know what they guard, but they know it to be their purpose. They don't know how to open the ruins, nor what they house.

There were two kind of Ores found on and under Mt Tartarus:  a black mineral, similar to obsidian in appearance only called Nigredine, and a vibrant white mineral called Albedine. Both minerals sport phenomenal hardness, and possibly unknown properties.

Resource Analyzed: Ore (Nigredine and Albedine)

They also revealed that a rare flower sprouts on the highest peaks of Mount Tartarus, there is a whole flower field nested in a hidden area. They are called Cleridea, but not much is known about them.

Resource Discovered: Rare Plant (Cleridea)

Information Gathering:
[1] Nevertheless, Hope tried to work toward the task he sets his sights on. During the day, he spoke with various citizens to gather information, and during the night, he spread his shadow to increase his sensitivity. Unfortunately, Hope was unable to reach satisfying results within the week, as gathering the information he needed was much more time and energy consumming than he initially expected. The fact that the whole kingdom was busy working, and that he was alone on that task naturally didn't help.

Hope's endeavors were fruitless.

---------------------EVENTS---------------------

> The food situation of Zethe has started to stabilize, thanks to efforts of many monsters knowledgeable in the ways of plants. The kingdom has currently no agricultural knowledge, instead relying on instinct and rough knowledge. The situation won't last though, and the monsters in charge of food production are pondering several options...

> The first level of the Ruins has been accomodated. It can now houses important officials and possibly more.

> While crude, all monsters of Zethe now have lodgings. There is a single district for now.

[3] A small group of Parabes Mountain Ogres have arrived to Tartarus, and shortly thereafter became citizens of Zethe.

---------------------LIST OF KNOWN REGIONS---------------------

Spoiler: Capital Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 0 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3+ Regions (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2018, 11:40:56 pm »

---------------------PLAYERS DATA---------------------

Hope the Shadow Elemental (Jbehler64)
Spoiler: Hope (click to show/hide)

Eversor the Animated Armor (Hawk132)
Spoiler: Eversor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Pale Beasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Bonecrushers (click to show/hide)

Talin the Humanoid Bug (Imic)

Spoiler: Talin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talin's Bug Folks (click to show/hide)

Azarian the Thoughtbeast (Dustan Hache)

Spoiler: Azarian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Harpies (click to show/hide)

Rusty the Materivor (crazyabe)

Spoiler: Rusty (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Materivors (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:46:08 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 11:46:27 pm »

Next turn will still be a Free Time. Then it will be a Mission Time, so be sure to prepare yourselves if you intend to go on an expedition!

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2018, 12:20:11 am »

Out of character:
Cool!!! Thanks for the update!

Hope was less trying to be precise and more being curious about this new area and its people.
The amount learned was pretty good in light of this (mwhaha :D).
The Census example was just an example of the type of info that I was hoping to get out of hopes wanderings, hope is currently acting purely out of curiousity atm. (Though hope is starting to take interest in this, and depending on the state of management may move this way based on percieved need)

During this time I had been also hoping hope would get a feel for types of monsters that have joined the kingdom as of now, and interspecies  interactions. I was curious if the community of monsters was relatively harmonius in the face of their work?
Did Hope catch any elements of this during the week? Even a rough feel?

Also, memory check, how did hope come to become a commander? How were we selected amoung many? Is it purely a question of power?
And will we neccesarily be sent out on an expidition after this, or might hope petition to work on in house projects? It seems there needs to be works toward stabilization. Edit: More a question of how you will define the game then asking for you to tell me the future. ;)

Finally, how far can the shadow be stretched in this case? Curiousity on the level of usefulness of that tool concept.

Overall:
Sorry to overwork you right away!!
But I think I'm getting really excited. XD
I promise I'll jump to next action after this!
Edit: The writing/world is really good quality too, thumbs up!! :D :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:31:55 am by Jbehler64 »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2018, 12:34:35 am »

Don't worry about asking tons of information, I will stop you if it starts becoming too much for me :)

I suggest bolding your main action for the future! It greatly helps me know what you precisely have in mind. As you see, I may have misunderstood some things about your actions haha.

Fortunately for me, you rolled 1 (mwahaha), meaning I could make you fail :D (if you are unfamiliar with RTD rules, 1 is an Epic Failure)

Also, memory check, how did hope come to become a commander? How were we selected amoung many? Is it purely a question of power?
And will we neccesarily be sent out on an expidition after this, or might hope petition to work on in house projects? It seems there needs to be works toward stabilization. Edit: More a question of how you will define the game then asking for you to tell me the future. ;)

Hope became a "Lord" for its power for sure, and for its loyalty. Of course, you are free to suggest something else if you have reasons you thing fit better.

You are not mandated to leave the Capital! You might as well spend the whole game in there, this game is intended to be rather freeform when it comes to player options. Staying in the capital, you could handle anything you think would keep you busy for weeks or months. A petition for house projects would work for example, or even "Work on creating better lodgings individually tailored for each species" for example.

If you are unsure about an action, feel free to ask!

Finally, how far can the shadow be stretched in this case? Curiousity on the level of usefulness of that tool concept.

Seeing you have a lot of Power, I imagine it could cover a whole village, or a whole "district" at most? The more Hope would extends his shadow though, the harder it would be to get precise information from everything though.

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2018, 01:22:36 am »

Woot!!
Thanks!

Ok! I can see hope being relatively loyal to the king given the current situation and how he handled the Forgotten Guards
Serious face then. Gonna set this sucker up! >:D

Hope has gained some appreciation for the Capitol and its citizens through its observations. It was blinded by the excess of activity and movement within that capital, but the movement itself was beautiful.
It has been given some power, and decides to use this power to explore what may be growing issues or underutilized benefits in the population. This is in part to satiate its curiosity on these issues and in part an act of appreciation towards the populace.

As such here are the movements it will take, in order of priority, until the free time is over.
1. Search out the monsters in charge of agriculture and try to identify their current plans. While interacting with them, get a feel for how organized they are.
2. Seek out monsters knowledgable in minerals and blacksmithing, and try to convince them to work towards identifying uses of the two new ores. Introduce them to each other if not already organized or in contact. If possible getting them to work together is the best option, but may be tough.
3. Seek out the rare flower field during the nights, using hope's capacity to stretch over areas and search. Given the small size of the flowers, hope can only stretch to a certain extent, and move by section on the mountain top.
4. If successful, take a Cleridea flower to the monsters in charge of agriculture and see what they know of it, or what they can identify. If not, see if they know alchemist monsters and can reference hope to them.

(Trying to keep it to a rough week of work. I'm studying International Administration, and it seems about right. Particularly if you dont sleep, and I dont. Hohoho! That said if too much please cut or cut off as neccesary!!! (2 seems the big time-sink) Either way, I think at least one major project will come from this! Unless I get all 1s! Hohoho!) (Edit: I dont sleep personally. Thats the joke! Hohoho!!)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:01:56 am by Jbehler64 »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2018, 01:35:51 am »

Talin takes the 20 he has, since numbers won't matter too much. He then begins training excercizes in the art of scouting, and in how to survive in the wilds.

If he has any time left over, he wishes to ask if anyone knows of forgotten bug-Kingdoms in the mountains, as he heard legends once of far off kingdoms that grew immense in their isolation from the wbove world, and only ended when they dug too deep...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:40:16 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2018, 04:47:19 am »

Eversor's training focused on increasing his troops general combat strength, but he attempted to design it in such a way that he may see if there are any exceptional individuals who are more than just a common soldier.

For this turn, Eversor will meet the Forgotten Guard and ask them if there are any who would follow him.

[Here's hoping for having Arp and Esl again.]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2018, 07:09:17 am »

An amazing first turn. I just want to say that I'm glad you're back (for real), Nakéen.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2018, 07:30:18 am »

Collect food and gear (like armor) for the mission. Attempt to teach my scouts how to perform some basic magic for self defence purposes, with a focus on evading harm over inflicting it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2018, 07:35:51 am »

I'm going to Prospect around Mt Tartarus, and try to organize some of the monsters into digging up ore (Which can be used for more then food for my kind...)
As well, I will continue to train my kin.

[Question Nakeen, How would you assume Rusty ended up getting his position?]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:52:38 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12