Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.5 (Year 0)  (Read 11600 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - (Year 0)
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2018, 02:01:01 am »

I'm going to Prospect around Mt Tartarus, and try to organize some of the monsters into digging up ore (Which can be used for more then food for my kind...)
As well, I will continue to train my kin.

[Question Nakeen, How would you assume Rusty ended up getting his position?]
It would largely depend on your depiction of Rusty's personality. Though I like to imagine that Rusty was chosen for its loyalty, and for its leading abilities. Having 0 Int doesn't mean he is dumb, simply that he is not a genius and would be a pretty frank and easy to go along with person.

Seeing your rolls led me to introduce more Materivor, having Rusty being a leader could fit. And naturally, he would have been chosen for its strength and power too.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2018, 06:05:45 am »

Turn 0.2 : Year 0 of the Zethean Calendar

~1st Month of the Year 0 (Free Time 2)~

Hope the Shadow Elemental - (Jbehler64)

Having assessed the situation of the kingdom, Hope decided that building stronger foundations for the capital was as important as conquering other lands. Despite the rough and primitive organization of the monsters, seeing their energy and vigor put to working hand in hand renewed the Elemental's faith in the glorious future envisioned for the kingdom.

Meeting with the Food Managers:
[-] Hope went on to meet the monsters in charge of food production. Most of them were monsters that relied on plantlife to sustain themselves, insect like monsters, several mammalians and even one shroom monster. Until then, they only had to trust in their instinctive knowledge to know what and when to eat. They were way more organized than the average, and had worked through trial and error. Currently, the monsters good at digging to plow the soil, while the shroom monster monitored the state of the soil. There were even a few who knew magic to accelerate growth, though it had the nasty side-effect of draining the nutrients of the soil.

Their main objectives were the following:
1) Select and cultivate the better crops through trial and error.
2) Attempt to develop domestication of a non-intelligent species, or exploit monsters with high regenerative abilities.
3) Research more efficient growing magic when they will have resources to spare.

They wished there were more monsters knowledgeable in the ways of plants, as they felt short-handed for the size of the task. Having more plant specimens would be nice too, as they believed there were definitely better crops in other lands.

Seek out Minerals Managers:
[3] Hope then left to seek monsters knowledgeable in the fields of mineralogy and blacksmithing. Unfortunately though, there was barely any knowledge about blacksmithing at all in the kingdom as of yet. The concept was innately known to some, but it didn't went farther than that. As such, the group responsible of blacksmithing was mostly a group responsible to research and try to figure out how to actually do blacksmithing.

Studies on the new ores have started, but more time will be needed to determine further uses. Your presence did light some fire of urgency in the heart of the two groups. One can imagine that more resources will be invested in these fields once the situation settles a bit more for everyone.

[Blacksmithing development in progress]
[Nigredine and Albedine ores studies in progress]

Exploration -Cleridea Field-: Curious Explorer
[4] With the Mount Tartarus having turned into a peaceful mountain, it was not a hard task for Hope to find the rumored Cleridea field, hidden inside a high plateau of the Tartarus. The Cleridea were curious white flowers whose patterns ressembled those on the armors of the Forgotten Guards.

Hope also found well hidden ruins near the Cleridea flowers. He only gave them a quick look, but they looked like a temple.

New Special Location:
-Unknown Temple
-Cleridea Field

He then brought them back to the monsters in charge of agriculture. To their dismay, the flowers didn't seem to be able to grow on soil other than that of Mt Tartarus. It was edible, and gave a small peps of energy a little while after chewing them. As for blacksmithing, alchemy was a field in the infancy stage.

[Alchemy development in progress]

Talin the Humanoid Bug - (Imic)

Talin recruited the 20 Bug Folks, and began training them on the art of scouting and survival.

Training (Scouting&Survival):
[3] Talin shared survival tips and trained his troops to the art of scouting. While the training wasn't as effective as he hoped, results were obtained nonetheless.

New Traits: Scouts, Scavengers, Trained.

Information Gathering (Bug Folk Kingdoms):
[5] Looking for information about rumored bug-Kingdoms in the mountains, Talin encountered a monster that heard of these kingdoms. He lived there. In their ruins.

Tzalaa is some sort of mantis with the lower body of a centipede. That one kingdom was called Caltapolia and must have been quite a sight to behold in its prime, though Tzalaa could only imagine as the city had been destroyed way before he became an undead. He doesn't know if the rumors are true or false, though there is one thing for sure: the Caltapolians were annihilated by an terrifying and merciless enemy, as the carvings he saw there can attest.

Tzalaa shared with you information about the location. Another strange fact, the undead there seems to be able to maintain some degree of intelligence, much more than usual "savage" monsters.

Eversor the Animated Armor - (Hawk132)

Training details:
[-] Eversor noticed two particularly promising individuals belonging to the Skeletal Warriors.
One must have been a great warrior in its prime as it picked up combat skills extremely quickly, or in its words remembered them quickly. With time, he could possibly become a valuable warrior.
The second had a very sharp mind, and was probably a tactician in the past.

Special Individuals:
-Pertes, Skeletal Warrior (Trait: Memories of a Warrior)
-Soluan, Skeletal Warrior (Trait: Memories of a Tactician)

Meeting with the Forgotten Guard:
[3] Eversor went to meet the Forgotten Guard, and asked if any would be willing to follow him. Unfortunately, only a few were able to leave the vicinity of the Tartarus ruins. You learnt that more and stronger Forgotten Guards were dormant in the sealed levels of the ruins.

Spoiler: the Forgotten Guards (click to show/hide)

Azarian the Thoughtbeast - (Dustan Hache)

Preparations:
[2] Azarian started collecting supplies and gear for its mission. But with the state of the kingdom, he was barely able to collect enough food for the trip. Armor and even clothing is still a scarce resource currently.

Azarian gathered 25 Food units

Training:
[1] Azarian then attempted to teach magic to his scouts, but to his dismay none showed latent magical talent. As such, teaching them proper magic would take longer than the available time he had.

Rusty the Materivor - (crazyabe)

Exploration (Prospection): Hungry Prospector
[2] Rusty used his time to locate the ore deposits of Mt Tartarus. Thanks to his natural disposition, he managed to find a few, but was unable to organize a digging operation. By himself, he could only gather a meager amount of ore.

[Bonus to ore gathering]

Rusty gathered 10 Ore units (Nigredine/Albedine)

Training:
[2] Rusty continued training his troops, but no noticeable result was obtained from further training apart from a slightly more disciplined behavior.

New Trait: Disciplined

---------------------EVENTS---------------------

[2] Scouts have reported that out of fear, the Bartoros Herds of the Latze Plains have declared open hostility to Zethe!

[5] The good mood around the Capital led to a boost in productivity!
> [Potential bonus to future actions related to the Capital]

[6] The Parabes Mountain Ogres have declared themselves willing to work with Zethe! Though as a consequence, a conflict between them and the other groups of the Parabes Mountains erupted

[-] Now that the food and lodging situations have stabilized, the kingdom is ready to allocate more resources to other fields.

---------------------MEETING---------------------

To inaugurate the new conference room of the kingdom and the successful stabilization of the capital, the top brass of Zethe has once again assembled. The King also had an announcement to do about the Tear.

"The Tear's influence has grown in the past weeks and it now covers the neighboring lands, from the Parabes Mountains to the Latze Plains."

Everyone cheered at this great new. More influence meant that more lands could be exploited, and that Zethe would soon grow.
"Please wait my friends. Now is not yet the time for rejoicing, for the Tear's influence stopped growing a few days ago. Coincidentally, the Bartoros and other groups opened their hostility toward us, leading me to suspect they are rejecting the Tear, causing it to stop increasing its influence. Whether what I suspect is right or wrong, the fact that they are hostile to us remains true. Our priority should be to pacify them, be it through strength or peace."

Tear Strength:
As more monsters come to live under the Tear, its power increases and so does its influence radius. But the influence will be slowed or even stopped if several groups hostile to the kingdom live under its influence. Until these hostile groups are taken care of, the Tear Strength will stagnate.

Now is the time to choose your "Mission" for the Mission Time. Feel free to discuss it among us, there is no rush.

---------------------LIST OF KNOWN REGIONS---------------------

Spoiler: Capital Location (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 0 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3+ Regions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:11:21 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2018, 06:06:27 am »

---------------------PLAYERS DATA---------------------

Hope the Shadow Elemental (Jbehler64)
Spoiler: Hope (click to show/hide)

Eversor the Animated Armor (Hawk132)
Spoiler: Eversor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Pale Beasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Bonecrushers (click to show/hide)

Talin the Humanoid Bug (Imic)

Spoiler: Talin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talin's Bug Folks (click to show/hide)

Azarian the Thoughtbeast (Dustan Hache)

Spoiler: Azarian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azarian's Harpies (click to show/hide)

Rusty the Materivor (crazyabe)

Spoiler: Rusty (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rusty's Materivors (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:25:43 am by Nakéen »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2018, 06:33:04 am »

So then, what's the plan?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2018, 06:54:55 am »

Me and my scouts will head to the parabes mountain range with the intent on researching the rumored enemies and scouting out their lairs.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2018, 08:27:29 am »

Soluan will now serve as Eversor's Tactician and no longer be part of his active combat force. He is to polish his craft as much as he can. Hopefully Eversor's own tactical prowess will help with that.

Pertes will be assigned a small detachment of bodyguards, but not enough that he will not get his own share of combat. It is to ensure he will not fall prematurely and may grow his strength further.

Eversor's force will march out behind Azarian's scouts, to follow up on any intelligence he will gather.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2018, 09:16:38 am »

I'll do anything needed. I can't fight anything bigger than a bird, but I'm virtually undecectable, since if anyone sees me, they probably won't care, given that I'm a bug.
Edit:
Shit, my wifi's going to be going down for the mext month or two.
It's worse than it sounds.
I will be unable to play the game for the next month and a half or so.

Mevermind, the main street coffee shop still has wifi.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 12:31:37 pm by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2018, 02:31:32 pm »

Fascinating!! I love getting these!
(Love the shroom leader!)

OK!!! (Woo!!)

(I think its pretty obvious our objectives as a society are 4 fold.)
While the lords and king are assembled hope lists 4 main societal objectives for consideration
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In doing this hope informs the others of what it has seen and done these last weeks

Based on these here are some ideas to move forward:

It asks what those present think on these points, and asks that all add to them as desired. Particularly the King, as we would be operating in his name.

Edit!!:Oh shoot missed the Eversor marching orders sorry!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:34:49 pm by Jbehler64 »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2018, 02:55:59 pm »

I would be willing to do whatever the general command thinks would be best. If that means I must delve into the deepest cave to tame the mountains themselves, so be it.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2018, 03:23:22 pm »

King's opinion:
The King was in agreement with Hope's opinion, especially considering economy development. As you mentioned, the kingdom in its current state had no economic value, which was a shame given the many gifts of its citizen. Working on ways to develop activity sectors making use of such gifts would greatly empower the country, and help working toward the ultimate goal of creating the ideal monster country.

Though he did think it would be best to first focus on expansion and border stabilization. The resources and manpower earned from controlling new lands will indeniably increase the kingdom's range of options.

As for Eversor and Azarian's plans, he approved of it too.

Other representatives opinion:
Oro, an Ogre that worked in infrastructure development, had a word to say.
"With Azarian and Eversor going to the Parabes Mountains, I have no doubt they will soon come under Zethe's control. Does seem like overkill, though. We all agree that Eversor would alone make short work of whatever threat is out there, but maybe Azarian could handle the situation alone if he relied on the local Parabes Ogres to make up his fighting force? That way, Eversor could take care of the Bartoros, I heard they are fearsome foes."

Nita Pocellium, the Mushroom monster responsible of food production interjected.
"I prefer Hope's pacific suggestion. The Bartoros are merely scared, surely we could reach a mutual understanding? Not to offend you Eversor, but you don't strike me as the diplomatic type."

"But the Bartoros are the kind to acknowledge raw strength above all. Hope wouldn't be able to get a word."

The meeting continued as more monsters shared their thoughts.

Meeting Summary:
-There is a slight preference toward peacefully resolving the situation with the Latze Plains and the Parabes Mountains. None are averse to resorting to military might though.
> The Bartoros value Strength. That could affect diplomatic attempts.
> There is still no info about the other Parabes groups.
-The Bartoros suddenly becoming hostile despite valuing strange seems strange to many. Some suggest another force may be at work.
-There is a preference for developping Metallurgy rather than Magic, as most monsters are natural with magic, but anything related to technology is new to them.
-A minority thinks unveiling the Tartarus secrets could lead to an unexpected bounty. Though it could also lead to a problematic situation if there is something dangerous in the ruins.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 03:58:31 pm »

my plan remains unchanged due to the fact that we must identify the groups reluctant to work with us before we can take action, be it violent or diplomatic. If information regarding grievances and concerns by hostile parties can be found, all the better.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2018, 04:17:04 pm »

In my old Kingdom, there was a group called The Moths. We would construct great lanterns out of metal, we would cover it in glass, and we would build the frame of it as dozens of tubes, with all of it warded against heat. When we needed to melt metal, the moths would gather, and they would fill the tubes with the whitest hot fire, so hot as to melt the very stone itself. Then, the metal would be melted in mere minutes, to the spectacle of all, before it was sent in lower tubes to the craftsmen, who would forge it into the most beutiful of crafts. With the help of fire elemental (As I have not seen a moth in a long time), we could create a similar device to melt metal, and to send it in pipes to crafters who could slowly become masters of it. It would be fast, it would be efficient, and you could constantly feed it metal to make the liquid ore flow smoothly. It would satisfy those old monsters who wish to keep to magic, and it would satisfy the people who wish to work with mundane materials. All we would need to do would be to make the device.

I have also decided that I shall go to the plains to make a deal with the folk who live there, if my King would be willing to do so.

Once the meeting is finished, Talin goes off to get food for his troops.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Jbehler64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2018, 04:58:18 pm »

To Azarian- It might be useful to communicate with the Ogres before heading out then, or bring some along, given it is their home turf.

To Talin- It seems your force may first wish to scout the plains for other reasons for which the herds have become hostile before interacting. When it comes time for diplomatic interactions you might actually be at a disadvantage without the backing of a strong force/creature to earn respect
Eversor or Rusty might both have the needed strength to cow (OOC: because herd, get it?? Hohoho) the population? Otherwise, without a strong force it seems things may fall through quickly.
Edit:(If Talin wanted he could also switch places with hope.

Hope states that it will target stabilizing the conflicts between species. These are erupting due to the addition of the Ogres, but will likely happen again as other species join. Creating an inclusive culture could help lower the tension due to this.

To do so it will focus on the following projects:

P.S Love that meeting. Shoom-monster yess
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:55:10 pm by Jbehler64 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2018, 06:27:59 pm »

"Very well. Then I shall head to subjugate the Bartoros instead. By force if necessary."

Soluan will now serve as Eversor's Tactician and no longer be part of his active combat force. He is to polish his craft as much as he can. Hopefully Eversor's own tactical prowess will help with that.

Pertes will be assigned a small detachment of bodyguards, but not enough that he will not get his own share of combat. It is to ensure he will not fall prematurely and may grow his strength further.

Eversor's force will march out towards the Latze Plains.

[it seems Eversor and the Bartoros are fated to meet again]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2018, 09:22:17 pm »

I report on what I have done, and request to take a trip down to the plains both to prospect what ore may lie there, and to see if I and my kin can deal with the Bartoros.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12