Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 88339 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #435 on: July 12, 2018, 08:57:51 am »

I also might have an idea Starver.
'Might'? If you think you got through past all that inscrutably sesquipedalian verbiage and could clear Starver, why be so unsure?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I said before IcyTea. My result has been delayed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

So why focus on that instead of getting to the bottom of things? All you’ve done is tell the person who targeted you that they were successful in their endeavor to mess you up, and annoy others with your tale of “woe is me, I am unable to leverage my otherwise incredibly useful first night action to engage the town in enancting mob justice on those that would brutally murder is in the night.”

You have suspicions and that, but have not at all commented on RGU and MaxSpin, which, considering we have a) a cop claim b) a guilty result and c) that guilty result throwing shade every which way and arguing that the cop shouldn’t accept their guilty result because hypothetical things might have happened to throw that into doubt, and is highly amusing, means I find your lack of engagement in this game-changing moment a tiny bit unsettling.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

? My action wasn't roleblocked.. at east it didn't say that. Simply that it was delayed.

I'll get my info some point in the day. Hopefully.

Also.. Woe is me? I don't quite get that..

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn’t say it was blocked.

What are your thoughts on RGU’s guilty result on MaxSpin, and MaxSpin’s response?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi all. Checking in.

We have found one third-party, what do y’all think are the chances of there being more?

Pretty low until I saw this:

I am an Odd Night Cop. Maximum Spin is Mafia and "aligns with the Dark Cosmos", whatever that means. Probably just flavour.

Maybe flavor and maybe an indication of multiple scum alignments?
By itself anything that sounds like that is hardly diagnostic but when combined with TricMagic's sudden jump to two kills of which one was blocked it makes me wonder.

And once I'm wondering I notice that blueturtle's case analyses assume only one scum team: you left out possibilities in which two scum might be genuinely opposed and not working together. Unlikely, but still subtly incomplete as you yourself pointed toward as a sign of bias. Mind you, I think it's maybe a town bias so not all that bad for you.

-----

None of which speculation competes with an actual guilty result. So my more important question is why is RGU the only person voting Max Spin right now? I know I was certainly less suspicious of Max and more of BHK back when the role was in BHK's hands, but do one or more of you have a competing result to throw doubt on its validity? :-\

-----

Many ninjas, I must be slow today. Tric is still confident of two kills last night. Most peculiar.

Um, my understanding is that the delay power usually puts actions on hold until the next night. So your only hope on that score rests in the slim chance of a "mostly" vanilla.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would hope my posts have shown a bias against MaxSpin. However, long day ahead, no point in deciding he’s getting it now when we can find his scumbuddy/ies.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't really like implying a woe is me defense hector..

I don't quite believe Rgun's claim. It might be true, but I certainly won't trust it till my result comes in.

On the other hand, Spin..

Well, all that talk still comes off as jokey and/or this is a bad idea/this isn't that kind of game.

I mean, what kind of game is it then. Cop results do serve as data, even if said cop claim is false. And I thought we already went over the one-shots we all seem to have. Look at Moony and BlackWarlock.

[Interuption-have to go for, an hour I guess. Putting this out there.]

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I mean, if both are telling the truth that means that Mafia has another framer. I doubt that's likely. If they do it's plausible they targeted Spin, as he's a strong town player and framing him gets us to doubt him... as shown.

Then again, claiming doctor and framing is basically the prototypical scum response to being copped. The ultimatum is a nice twist, but... if you think about it, really doesn't prove he's town. If he has a hand in the scumkill, he can simulate the effects of Doctor.

Then AGAIN, if we have vigs we have a kill that isn't tied to scum. Which Spin notices. And is worried about, because two stacked kills beats one doctor. By pointing it out he emphasizes that it doesn't give us any information if he's vigshot, as if Spin is the doctor it'll break through and look the same as if Spin wasn't the doctor. (maybe vig claims right after?) In the same post he also says the only way he could not be doctor and Random lives is that another doctor tries to save him. He's ignoring the possibility that if he were scum, he'd just tell Mafia to not kill Random - which makes it look like that's exactly what he's doing.

Also, can anyone tell me whether Spin tends to play a strategy that involves claiming when he gets doctor, and if so, can Spin tell me what that strategy is?

Oh, also... Spin, what's your full role name? I find it hard to believe that you're an unmodded doctor.

And once I'm wondering I notice that blueturtle's case analyses assume only one scum team: you left out possibilities in which two scum might be genuinely opposed and not working together. Unlikely, but still subtly incomplete as you yourself pointed toward as a sign of bias. Mind you, I think it's maybe a town bias so not all that bad for you.

They said the only alignments will be Town, Mafia, Mafia-ally, Cult, and Serial Killer. Random is specifically claiming Spin is Mafia, and can talk with an informed minority (the "dark cosmos"). The only way Spin is Cult, SK, or Mafia-ally is if Random was faking this all and just happened to land on another scum. That would be detectable in Spin's reaction, but Spin reacts in such a way to suggest a town (I'm the doctor, I can prove it) or a scum (Claim doctor then direct the scumkill off Random).
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My current read on the situation is that either:
  • RGU is town, Max is scum, and Blurtle is townish but hiding something.
  • RGU is a lyncher, Max is town, Blurtle is null.
My night action was pointed elsewhere, so it won't be of use here. The framer theory doesn't pass Occam's razor for me.

Well we’re 5 days from a deadline, we can figure things out in the interim, see where people stand.
So why focus on that instead of getting to the bottom of things?
However, long day ahead, no point in deciding he’s getting it now when we can find his scumbuddy/ies.
What's with the flip-flop? Is there time for scumhunting other targets or not?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My current read on the situation is that either:
  • RGU is town, Max is scum, and Blurtle is townish but hiding something.
  • RGU is a lyncher, Max is town, Blurtle is null.
My night action was pointed elsewhere, so it won't be of use here. The framer theory doesn't pass Occam's razor for me.

I thought lynchers were banned under no third parties?

And what makes you think I'm hiding something?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought lynchers were banned under no third parties?
True, didn't take that into account. MaximumSpin

And what makes you think I'm hiding something?
Mostly gut feeling, nothing truly substantial. You're reading as town, but there's something off, that I can't quite describe, in how you're making your case.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That “flip-flop” was to Tric, who has not commented on the most interesting thing in the game so far, preferring to focus on his own molested night action. I want people to comment on this, because we’re going to flip one of these two players at day end, so having direct comments that can be looked at by players is nice, which Tric seemed very unwilling to do when I made that “flip-flop”’d comment.

Tric has subsequently called into question RGU’a cop claim and consequently the guilty result, and is now going to be away for an hour discussing this with MaxSpin in their quicktopic ‘cause he’s busy.

So, Tric, seeing as how you’re unwilling to believe RGU, perhaps you can tell us why he might be lying? Why lie about MaxSpin?

You’ve intimated your result was tampered with, and that you won’t know whether RGU is trustowrthy until you get it. What will your result tell you that will help you know if RGU is trustworthy?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea what's TricMagic even doing. Could he be scum with Macimum Spin and trying to win time? He's bizarre and I can't read him propely. I don't think this game has lynchers. I'm also certain the "Dark Cosmos" is just the flavour name of the scum team and nor a third team.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No Comment.

It's mostly the fact that I don't want to give it away. I will get that info sometime, and post it here.

Until then however, I am not willing to believe Rgun's Cop claim..

How do people catch an Honest and twist it like that.

Here we are, a 1 2 post.
Well, I do have something interesting. I got very lucky during the night.

I am an Odd Night Cop. Maximum Spin is Mafia and "aligns with the Dark Cosmos", whatever that means. Probably just flavour.

If I die, I'll flip as a cop and confirm this result. If we lymch Spin, he'll flip mafia and also confirm me as a cop. I know claiming this early is stupidly risky, but the chance of taking out a member of the scum team was too good to ignore.

To be honest, I wasn't very suspicious of him, but the other possible target was TricMagic and he claimed to be miller. I feel that BHK's reaction to his miller claim was somewhat justified as he would mess with his cop results. I was hoping to confirm Maximum Spin as a member of the town, but...

Let me Time Stop you right there RGUN.

How is that a lucky result? Confirm Town would be better in some ways. This can easily be pushed as you protecting Starver.

Granted, that's mostly cause that would mean multiple cop abilities. And given the Odd-Shot~ness of our apparent abilities. Being an Odd-Night Cop is a bit strange.

How would I know this.. {Sarcasm}

Actually, it's commonly a cop modifier. I had already claimed to have an Odd Night modifier to my role and I say lucky because it was actually lucky to find mafia the first night. Why do you say confirming townie would be better? We have to find and lynch the mafia to win. Confirmed townies can just be nightkilled by the scum.

And the third post... You completely missed my point.

I pretty sure the fact that everyone has multiple slots in their role means you can't just be Odd-Night Cop.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 55