-

-
- 0 (0%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 10, 2018, 10:42:38 am

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.  (Read 35424 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: A First Host's Game: FE RtD.
« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2018, 02:06:17 pm »

"Sure."
Feed it some mana.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 09, 2018, 02:15:49 pm »

shifting stones*-click*

The broken stones combine into one circuit.

rinnn*

The outline lights up.

"Right then."

Selene pushes the stones inward in a specific order.

shifting stone*

The Mural shifts apart like a door. There's a small alcove behind it with a chest.

"...hah.. guess this isn't it."

"Well, might as well see whats here anyway"

Selene searches the chest.

"...hmm."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 09, 2018, 02:23:07 pm »

"Whatcha find?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2018, 02:38:24 pm »

"Orenji..."

What she shows to you looks like an orange flower blossom.

"It's a magic ring.. They're rather rare, since they usually get broken.."

"I'm not entirely sure what magic is on it though."

"..."

Selene is looking at yours.

"Anyway.. That rumble sounds like our time is running out, so we'd best be going."

Selene has placed the ring in her bag for the time being.

Turn 12- Start.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2018, 02:42:03 pm »

"May I see it? It might react to me like the inlay did, and my mana sense might be able to tell me something."
I want to touch it, use my mana sense, and see what I learn.
"Mine's a miracle ring, my family gave it to me when I left home. Supposedly it'll help protect me if I get really hurt."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:44:37 pm by Lenglon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2018, 02:46:21 pm »

"No way."

"Magic Rings are delicate things, Just pushing Mana at it without any idea of it's flow.."

"I do not want a broken ring."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2018, 02:49:28 pm »

"Okay. So no touching, but may I see if I can get an idea what kind of magic is on it by you just holding where i can see it?"
I put my hands behind my back while I ask and keep them there to help show my intent to not touch.
If she lets me look at it, then I want to use Sense Mana.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 09, 2018, 02:54:52 pm »

"I am not an idiot.. I am quite aware how your ability works Tess."

"haa... we can check it afterward, when I have time to appraise it."

Selene darts pass and heads on to K-1.

GM note[Do you really think you can trick her? Despite being of the Thief class, she is obviously versed in magic, if those symbols and spellwork didn't clue you in.]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:09:57 pm by TricMagic »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2018, 03:01:23 pm »

((Uh, what? I honestly wasn't trying to trick her. Please remind me how it works since apparently I forgot.))

((Also: how are manaketes not well known yet apparently their abilities functions are?))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 03:02:56 pm by Lenglon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2018, 03:06:13 pm »

They may not be well known, but you do remember she addressed you as Dragon-ling at the start right?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2018, 03:06:49 pm »

((Fair, but again, how does my mana-sense work?))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 09, 2018, 03:35:57 pm »

Well, for this we should see the difference between Mana Sense and Magic Sense.

Magic Sense is the ability to Sense the currents of the world.

Magnetic flows, shifting lava, falling water, rain, hot and cold fronts, even the pressure of an overcast sky, the wind and its flow as well.

Everything is turned into numbers, a value of each input. This allows those who use it to gain a large amount of information.

It's limit however is how much magical ability someone has-their range of data collection; and their ability to sort through that information.

Mana can be said to be the lifeblood of the world. It permeates everything.
 Magma and lava have a feeling to it that lets users of this skill to Know what it is made of; this allows the user to tell the difference between the two.

To someone with the ability to sense Mana, they can tell what everything is naturally{in nature/it's nature}. This also ties into the ability to predict pathways.

Granted, while powerful, it's your focus that allows you to get deep information.

The mechanic behind this is simple, you are essentially spreading yourself. Your mana shoots out along pathways, and learns from the World's Mana what you want to know.

This is also why focusing on something that relies on very specific pathways for mana to flow is a bad idea, as a magical being, you have too much to simply focus on it.

Not surprisingly, Your line's Promoted forms are a lot tougher.. You simply don't have the skill for it right now.

Here's another fact, Selene is capable of hiding from your senses, so MCM is a thing. That, and being unable to tell anything about that inlay's composition is more a fact of it's make and energy system. And these Shadows aren't quite running in-sync with mana..

I suppose if you want a simple visualization, think a tree's branches, with the User at it's center.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 09, 2018, 03:42:29 pm »

Well sheesh. If I'd known THAT was how it worked I wouldn't have asked in the first place. I get why Selene was like "hell no" to that. I thought it was a passive sensor, not a very strong omnidirectional active sensor.
not sure what to do about it NOW though. Just kinda frustrated because Terissa knew that and wouldnt' have asked the question in the first place, but since I didn't, I had her do it.
hate that kinda shit, and can't really blame you for it, can't even blame myself for it, can just be mad with no valid target for the anger.
whatever, I'll deal.

hop down with Selene, keep her guarded, and check on her, is she recovering?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 09, 2018, 03:54:48 pm »

Void Counter(1/3)

"So, you were saying something about an enemy south of here?"

GM Note[Not like Miracle Rings are that fragile compared to the rest. There is a reason they're rare, and that's the difficulty of their replication.]
[I don't think Terissa has ever broken anything that way.. Spellbooks are destroyed if you funnel too much magic through them on use, and magical weapons are a strange case.]
[How old is Terissa anyway? I was thinking she was 800 or so.]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 09, 2018, 04:03:04 pm »

((Terissa is absurdly young for a manakete. This is literally her FIRST outing outside her home village, EVER. and she has ZERO experience with the outside world. She doesn't even have very good knowledge of history passed down to her. Tis part of why she doesn't act like some wise old super-being... she isn't one.))
"y-yeah, but are you sure you're okay? There's multiple spawning pits for those shadow things down here, and you don't look fully recovered. T-the inlay to our east seems like a healing spot, if you want to use it. The shadows around here have physical skeletal forms, and these ones can actually hurt me a little even in my dragon-form. I'll try to protect you if you think you'll be okay though, and we don't have a lot of time..."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44