Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Space Based Role-playing Game: The crew is back together; Room for more players  (Read 16128 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

You are entitled to the floating remains of said ship, if it is any consolation. The raw materials are not nessisary to us at this stage.

See if I can get a third main arm attached on the back of my body section, so that the three arms form a triangle.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:44:44 am by Iridium64 »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assist chief engineer

Subunit 182I would suggest to develop tiny droid together for inserting in our fighters, so we have fine robotic fighter aces on demand, now we have 7 fighters out there being useless. Robotic pilots will use spacecraft to full potential, as they are not limited by weakness of flesh

ooc : what our fighters are armed with and, well, what are they?
How do ship reactors work and what is fuel we use for it ?
Are missiles we have target seeking?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ooc : what our fighters are armed with and, well, what are they?
How do ship reactors work and what is fuel we use for it ?
Are missiles we have target seeking?
fighter have 2 small lasers in the front and a medium missile launcher; fighters come in 2 variants pilot-able and drone, unfortunately you have the pilot-able ones.
Ship power: Ship reactors: can provides 10GWh per day, a ship requires 20 GJ*ship size(will always be in length) to function a day, during normal operations, the reactors are fusion based and generally use deuterium(you start with 5kt of fuel and use on average 1t a week). Weapons: Each laser use 1 GJ*size to fire, shields use 1 GJ*ship_size to regenerate per 100 damage, kinetics use 1 GJ*size*2. Power cells: holds 1 TJ. Each AI-Synthetic/Robot/Core uses 5 MJ a day to function.(More on energy as needed requested)
Missiles are target seeking.

See if I can get a third main arm attached on the back of my body section, so that the three arms form a triangle.
Assist chief engineer
Subunit 182I would suggest to develop tiny droid together for inserting in our fighters, so we have fine robotic fighter aces on demand, now we have 7 fighters out there being useless. Robotic pilots will use spacecraft to full potential, as they are not limited by weakness of flesh
The engineer is so engrossed in his work he does not reply to the captain. That work, getting a third 'main' arm attached to his back to form a arm triangle, a sign of unity, who knows why. He is able to build it no problem, it is than that he realizes that the captain is there to help him and between the 2 of them he gets it attached. Congrats you know have 3 arms. -0.1t of fab materials.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This allows me to use a mounted tool and still have the benefits of two free arms, as well as granting me 360 degree reach.

As for the fighters, we have two options. We can retrofit them to be pilot-less, or replicate Mark VIs and give them piloting software.

Each laser use 1 GJ*size to fire, shields use 1 GJ*ship_size to regenerate per 100 damage, kinetics use 1 GJ*size*2

So kinetic weapons require twice as much power as lasers?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:07:59 pm by Iridium64 »
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mark  6 with piloting software sounds optimal, as, we can always use them for repairs aswell.

Start working on blue prints for tiny ball sized saboteur drone : it has plasma cutter, circular saw, single manipulator arm, single propulsion jet and tiny maneuvre jets on sides.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mark  6 with piloting software sounds optimal, as, we can always use them for repairs aswell.

Start working on blue prints for tiny ball sized saboteur drone : it has plasma cutter, circular saw, single manipulator arm, single propulsion jet and tiny maneuvre jets on sides.

Assist.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Each laser use 1 GJ*size to fire, shields use 1 GJ*ship_size to regenerate per 100 damage, kinetics use 1 GJ*size*2
So kinetic weapons require twice as much power as lasers?
But pack up to 8 times the punch for anything above small.

Assist.
Work begins, the blueprint take about an hour or two to develop, with even the replicators help giving their input. The saboteur is about 10cm in diameter, it has the ability to repair itself, and it can self-destruct if compromised. It requires 10 kilograms of fab materials to fabricate.  The replicators also inform you that if you wanted pilots and more they can replicate themselves, they will be venerable during that time but it might be worth it.

GM Note: Only the robots are doing things in the between times. Does everyone want to be robots?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile

I'm not quite sure what to do now. Are we at a spaceport?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We are currently in transit.

I am going to assume Alpha-Theta 435 also is going to say go to outpost 2401. Before we get there does anyone want to do anything on the way? This is a way for everyone to get up to speed and maybe check supplies and such. You will reach the outpost in about a week, plenty of time to chat, work on project, etc.

GM Note: There is more to this game then going from one place to another, there is also the in-between times.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fell asleep again.

Work on a propaganda video about a heroic Ti'Yuhan officer working together with alien friends to explore the galaxy in the name of the Chief.

((Go read SpaceStory if you haven't. You'll get the references I'm making.))

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Work on a propaganda video about a heroic Ti'Yuhan officer working together with alien friends to explore the galaxy in the name of the Chief.

((Go read SpaceStory if you haven't. You'll get the references I'm making.))
((I read it as it came out, stopped being interested in it about halfway through))
You work on this video and use the thralls(you really think the robots would be a party to something like this). One of the thralls you have tells you that this will probably go unnoticed without support from a local government.

GM Notes: A propaganda vid, really? Also all the thralls are on the transport. Is that correct?
I want everyone to tell me when they are ready for the space station, still haven't heard from Dustan during this trip.

Edit: Made a discord for this game. Players please join.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:48:29 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait. Maybe passively scan for space whales or something.

Yeah, I'm ready unless we find space whales.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm ready.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

do training drills with my team, invest in some searches for robot parts.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

do training drills with my team, invest in some searches for robot parts.
You train with you team, cohesion is better. You also search for robot parts, you figure you could fabricate what you need/want, or ask the robots for help.
Wait. Maybe passively scan for space whales or something.
No cosmozoans where found in the immediate area, but on extreme range you spot what looks like a group of crystalline like ententes. They are in the opposite direction than you are going.

GM Notes: My hope and plan is that with the discord I can more easily answer questions, a well as have more, and faster, character interaction. Mostly to have this be updates and major character development. This small stuff could more easily be done on discord, cumulating on one big update on bay12 when you get to your destination or finish a major project. If you all prefer to just use bay12 we can. Let me know what you think. (link to discord in first post and previous post)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23