Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night (Legacy Thread)  (Read 127109 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 1.99
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2020, 12:53:52 am »

I'll look into it. I just assumed it'd spit web but maybe I messed that up.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on the worm. It's been the beter part of a year and so far nothing. :(

So this is awkward but I forgot to let them see things. Try giving them the EXTRAVISION tag in the creature file within your save file. It might start working then.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Azriel82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2020, 07:26:09 am »

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on the worm. It's been the beter part of a year and so far nothing. :(

So this is awkward but I forgot to let them see things. Try giving them the EXTRAVISION tag in the creature file within your save file. It might start working then.

Okay, I'll do that and post the results. Thanks! BTW, really enjoying the mod! I'm looking forward to any updates. I'm in love with the setting, wouldn't mind running a Dnd campaign based on it.

Azriel82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2020, 07:06:09 pm »

Okay so I did as suggested and put EXTRAVISION tag in the creature file for the latex factory worm in my save file and still nothing. Its only been around a month in-game, so I'll give it some more time.

Would be possible to make the the factory worm milkable so that the latex can be milked? I read that milking is hardcoded to require a bucket. Not sure if you can then take a bucket of latex and make cloth from it.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2020, 07:38:14 pm »

Okay so I did as suggested and put EXTRAVISION tag in the creature file for the latex factory worm in my save file and still nothing. Its only been around a month in-game, so I'll give it some more time.

Would be possible to make the the factory worm milkable so that the latex can be milked? I read that milking is hardcoded to require a bucket. Not sure if you can then take a bucket of latex and make cloth from it.

Now that they have extravision it means they will respond to things they see. Try giving them something to look at. Basically, their interaction should trigger during times when they are fleeing, greeting a friend, or attacking. They won't just do it at random. If you're keeping it in an isolated pen it won't trigger. I can't really do much about this, it's a hardcoded thing. I will also look into the milking idea.

On another note, I've currently updated the game to the new version, but its crashing for reasons I don't understand after I ported it, so the new update release may be delayed for awhile.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Biolucker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2020, 05:38:36 am »

Hello, I just wanted to say good job making this amazing mod, I'm having a blast with it (literally) on the Factory worms idea, i remember playing with another mod that you've made a while back called Fantastic Races, and i loved playing Manats, maybe you could use some of their mechanics here. I don't remember well but they had a Worm who produced some material when you designated them to some Nest Boxes, so I'm thinking it'll be a cool idea to have the Polymer worm do something like that, and the idea of milk-able latex sounds very fitting in the setting.

A thing that confused me at first was that Fext do have any seeds when you try embark with them, then i searched in the raws and found that they do not eat and it makes kind of sense, but i was was wondering if adding the need to eat to the Lesser Fext sounds like a good idea.

Either way i hope you continue developing this mod since it's amazing.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:40:34 am by Biolucker »

Azriel82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2020, 06:05:01 pm »

So I let the worm out. At first I but it in the dog room (there's like 20 dogs in there), then I let it roam around freely in the fort. I have yet to see it make any webs. It's possible it did make webs and my clothiers grabed it up before I saw it.
 I saw that the wait period for the web attack is set to 5000, i'm assuming that's ticks. If so, then it should do a spray attack every 4 days or so, which dosen't seem like very much, but maybe it's fine?
I'm curious if I change the material type from latex to silk if it'll start working. Maybe webs are hard coded to be made of silk and that's why its not doing it?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:30:32 pm by Azriel82 »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2020, 07:29:32 pm »

Hello, I just wanted to say good job making this amazing mod, I'm having a blast with it (literally) on the Factory worms idea, i remember playing with another mod that you've made a while back called Fantastic Races, and i loved playing Manats, maybe you could use some of their mechanics here. I don't remember well but they had a Worm who produced some material when you designated them to some Nest Boxes, so I'm thinking it'll be a cool idea to have the Polymer worm do something like that, and the idea of milk-able latex sounds very fitting in the setting.

A thing that confused me at first was that Fext do have any seeds when you try embark with them, then i searched in the raws and found that they do not eat and it makes kind of sense, but i was was wondering if adding the need to eat to the Lesser Fext sounds like a good idea.

Glad you like it. Currently I'm having some trouble updating the mod to the new version but hopefully that gets resolved. On another note however, I'm surprised you're playing that old fantastic races mod of mine. I am happy you like it but I should warn you it was my first modding project ever and quite frankly its a tangled mess of quick fixes and bad choices that scares me to look at.

Biolucker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2020, 10:19:47 pm »

Glad you like it. Currently I'm having some trouble updating the mod to the new version but hopefully that gets resolved. On another note however, I'm surprised you're playing that old fantastic races mod of mine. I am happy you like it but I should warn you it was my first modding project ever and quite frankly its a tangled mess of quick fixes and bad choices that scares me to look at.

Glad to hear that! on that old mod, honestly all i did was just installing Manats because there was waaaay too much races added and i loved playing them xD but i think that Factory Worms could use that Nest Box mechanic you did in that mod and would fit in the theme.

Azriel82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2020, 03:48:57 pm »

Now that they have extravision it means they will respond to things they see. Try giving them something to look at. Basically, their interaction should trigger during times when they are fleeing, greeting a friend, or attacking. They won't just do it at random. If you're keeping it in an isolated pen it won't trigger. I can't really do much about this, it's a hardcoded thing. I will also look into the milking idea.

So I let the worm out. At first I but it in the dog room (there's like 20 dogs in there), then I let it roam around freely in the fort. I have yet to see it make any webs. It's possible it did make webs and my clothiers grabed it up before I saw it.
 I saw that the wait period for the web attack is set to 5000, i'm assuming that's ticks. If so, then it should do a spray attack every 4 days or so, which dosen't seem like very much, but maybe it's fine?
I'm curious if I change the material type from latex to silk if it'll start working. Maybe webs are hard coded to be made of silk and that's why its not doing it?

SUCCESS! The factory worm finally started squirting out latex webs! I added [CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING] and it immediately sprayed some webbing when I started the game! I also shortened the wait period from 5000 to 50. Now it'll produced webs every 10-20 mins real-time, but maybe that's too often? It makes about 3-6 webs per spray. Like real webbing, they are destroyed when any creature walks into one, so in a high traffic area they're destroyed pretty much immediately. I put the worm in the room with my looms and clothing shops so the traffic is much less. I did witness a Human clothier take a latex web and make some latex baggy pants out of it! Those sweet sweet latex baggy pants!

Nomstukos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 2.01
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2020, 05:43:23 pm »

This mod is probably my favorite thing at the moment. Everything about it is just so cool! I like all the little details, the cultures and just everything in general. I'm almost attached to future releases the same way I look forward to weekly krugsmash videos. Also I appreciate being able to craft backpacks and waterskins in adventure mode

Small question do the fext implants for head hands feet and tail add any protection or are they just cosmetic?  Does the fext exocarapas protect the whole body or just the parts that exoarmors cover. Also the tails and humanoid heads have multiple instances in the craft menu but I can't tell the difference.

I like the armor descriptors since it left the armor
more up to myimagination but it also felt like I was just guessing if it was good or not. The current system I gave a pretty good idea of what I am wearing. I could do either system honestly (especially if you just change the current armor list to the generic descriptors but leave the list up) but I cast my vote for the system the way it is jus barely.

Nomstukos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 2.1
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2020, 11:55:40 pm »

Double post bug report

The nanoborg transformation is all over my worldgens. I have only seen one necromancer tower and no star cultists or technomancers.

Some races have no food to start out with but I assume this has to do with the no eat crashes. Have you tried dropping playable goblins into your mod to see if it still breakers worldgen? I will experiment more and try to report later.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2020, 07:21:48 am »

Double post bug report

The nanoborg transformation is all over my worldgens. I have only seen one necromancer tower and no star cultists or technomancers.

Some races have no food to start out with but I assume this has to do with the no eat crashes. Have you tried dropping playable goblins into your mod to see if it still breakers worldgen? I will experiment more and try to report later.

The races that have no food to start with shouldn't need to eat in the first place I think. As for the nanoborg transformation, I thought I disabled that so it shouldn't be happening. Also, I recommend checking out LegendsViewer to check what star cultists and technomancers are up to. Sometimes they form camps instead of towers, and technomancers only have a 10% chance of making a tower. The other 90% will live as normal adventurers and citizens.

Nomstukos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2020, 01:27:34 am »

Found some more problems to report. (Had a lot of free time recently) and have compiled them into this report.

"Special test friend" was not spotted in the carnival grounds. All the entertainers that spawn in technically unlimited numbers might be outcompeting the STF for spawn just based on sheer numbers and diversity.

Due to cats not being in the game anymore many races lack vermin control. Beakers seem to kill vermin but not all races have them. (Dolphins, some humans, ect.)

Posthuman cyborgs like eusocialites ,fext ect. lack the materials to make beds and clothes unless they harvest the materials from the woods. This means in desolate areas their clothes rot off and they sleep on the floor. They have no plants or worms.

Steel can't be made from rusted metal since flux stone doesn't exist

Dolphins are upset by rain. This isn't actually a problem but I found it funny. I'm actually really curious why you put cyberdolphins in the game. They are currently one of my favorite races to play.

In conclusion thank you for this mod and I hope that I haven't annoyed you to much. :)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2020, 03:03:39 pm »

Found some more problems to report. (Had a lot of free time recently) and have compiled them into this report.

"Special test friend" was not spotted in the carnival grounds. All the entertainers that spawn in technically unlimited numbers might be outcompeting the STF for spawn just based on sheer numbers and diversity.

Due to cats not being in the game anymore many races lack vermin control. Beakers seem to kill vermin but not all races have them. (Dolphins, some humans, ect.)

Posthuman cyborgs like eusocialites ,fext ect. lack the materials to make beds and clothes unless they harvest the materials from the woods. This means in desolate areas their clothes rot off and they sleep on the floor. They have no plants or worms.

Steel can't be made from rusted metal since flux stone doesn't exist

Dolphins are upset by rain. This isn't actually a problem but I found it funny. I'm actually really curious why you put cyberdolphins in the game. They are currently one of my favorite races to play.

In conclusion thank you for this mod and I hope that I haven't annoyed you to much. :)

It's no problem, this is all helpful. I'll try and fix these problems as well.

As for cyberdolphins, its because dolphins, along with corvids and apes, are some of the most intelligent creatures on the planet. If an egomaniacal planetary civilization were to uplift animals into human intelligence for its own amusement, those three would be strong contenders.

Hamburger Gekochter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2020, 08:51:48 am »

had some Bugs/Troubles with Fext too, in 8~9 tested Worlds the same 2 things that bother me

It seems that ALL Female Fext are only Homosexual and Males are only Hetero, not a single one that has another inclination (asexual Omegas aside)
thou Worldgen doesnīt seem to care as they multiply fine outside my Fortresses.

And they never seem to have Factory Worms, Gigants seem to consistently lack them too
the one or other Settlement seems to have 2~5 but i could never Start with or Trade for them

and a minor thing, my 2 Adventurer where unable to Breath but still drowned .... thou thats probably less from your Mod than just DF Fun

Grettings form Germany and Awsome Mod :D

edit: isnīt rusted Metal, Slag and Concreet all Flux Stone? at least it reads like that for me
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 08:54:47 am by Hamburger Gekochter »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25