Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 58061 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #1050 on: January 23, 2020, 10:36:28 pm »

"I'd never guess you weren't human." Aurelia reported cheerfully. She tucked in her wings and wrapped them around her arms, looking not unlike a feathery cloak if she tried to keep from moving them too much. "I can do something kinda like that too. ...Probably don't need to though."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 23, 2020, 10:38:11 pm »

"Let them see who we arrre. If they want to cause trrrouble in theirrr prrrince's prrresence then they have a discipline prrroblem."

Joachim was in human form mainly so he wouldn't outpace Grae's unit, even if he would prefer to be running free for awhile. Upon noticing the mages, he gave a meaningful look from them to Iris and then back again, grinning in quite the feline manner.

"It's nice to have otherrr Laguz arrround, even if the cirrrcumstances werrren't the best."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 23, 2020, 10:42:36 pm »

"It's better if what we do remains a secret. I'm trying to end the war, and that's not a popular position with everyone, Prince or not."

"You think Morcia can't win then?"

"It's not impossible that we could lose. But isn't it enough that I don't want another War of the Walkers? Why kill each other when we could work together?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 24, 2020, 06:56:15 pm »

"So," Aurelia said to the princess after a bit, "I've been wondering something. How did you and the prince meet? I know you're both royals and all, but still kinda from different worlds."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 24, 2020, 07:00:12 pm »

"It's not impossible that we could lose. But isn't it enough that I don't want another War of the Walkers? Why kill each other when we could work together?"
: "A sensible way of thinking for a nobleman. You believe that a quick end to the conflict is possible?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 24, 2020, 08:04:26 pm »

After a while, Princess Ella had begun to grow restless in the saddle, so she stepped down to spend some time on her feet. She spent it walking and talking with Aurelia. "Well, it's kind of a long story. I've never been much of a fighter. Which is a little... I mean, being the daughter of the King and... but my brothers have always tried their best to, you know, toughen me up. Baarst, he's the eldest, he thought it would be good for me to hunt in human territory. So he took me over the border, and he took me hunting. But we got separated by a border patrol. Baarst was able to lead them away, but I... Got lost."

"That's when I first ran into the prince. He was fishing, and I almost didn't realize he was there until I ran into him because he was sitting so still..."

"Well, I believe that it's worth the attempt, at least. In truth, I know very little about Sampia and her people, apart from what Princess Ella has told me. I'm much more familiar with our own situation, and Morcia is extremely mineral poor. And it is an open secret that Sampia has a great deal of untapped ore. But the Laguz of Sampia do not even work the fields, much less the mines, so there is nothing we may offer them in trade. After all, you simply hunt for your meals, and that is that."

"My generals will bray about how it is a response to incursions by the Laguz into our territory, not that such is entirely untrue, but its a pretext for a war of conquest to gain access to metal. If, instead, I could persuade Himos to adopt mining as an industry, we could be able to trade among each other without the need to come to blows."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 24, 2020, 09:13:48 pm »

Maybe she should be a bit more nervous about talking to a princess, Aurelia thought; she was well enough nervous about talking with the prince. But Ella seemed really... approachable? So she didn't mind as much.

"I know someone kinda like that. My brother is really quiet and still when he's focused on something."

"So what happened then? Did either of you know who the other was?"
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 24, 2020, 09:36:08 pm »

"Oh, not at all! I'd never met with foreign royalty before. Or since. As far as I knew he was a... Well, a very handsome young man, looking for his dinner. When I noticed that he was in my path, I turned to run away, but he called me back." She laughed a little, remembering the incident. "He told me that my stomping around was scaring the fish! So I stood there, quietly, and watched the water with him. It seemed like forever before he suddenly yanked on his rod and pulled a fish from the water. He was showing off his catch before he noticed that I wasn't human. It surprised him, of course. But he invited me to share the fish with him. I thought at the time that I was making a mistake by staying, but I'm glad I did. We mostly told each other what life was like where we came from. He didn't mention that he was the Prince at the time. I didn't mention my father either. But we agreed that we would meet again, near that great wall."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 24, 2020, 10:23:04 pm »

"That sounds really sweet! Lucky that it was someone like him you ran into. So did you find out that you were both royalty when you met up, or was that later?"
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 24, 2020, 11:25:47 pm »

"It was the thi- No, the fourth time we met. His older brother had been killed in a hunting accident, and he had only just been named Crown Prince, so he told me while he explained it would be more difficult to get away so we could be alone. That's when I told him as well. And even though it wasn't as often, we made time for our meetings, just the two of us."

"But when I heard about the war, I was so scared that we would be pushed apart. As soon as it was possible, I snuck away to our usual meeting place. He didn't come. I'm sure he was caught up in his duties, but I panicked at the time. I went into Morcia, searching for him, and I was captured by those awful men. From there, I think you know everything."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 24, 2020, 11:44:16 pm »

Aurelia nodded.

"Yeah, pretty much... when we didn't find you there we were worried for the worst, but putting aside the whole misunderstanding thing when we came after you, I'm glad that the prince found you all."

Then, a bit quieter, she added,

"Also, I'm happy for you and the prince with your whole relationship thing. I-If I'm not overstepping or assuming too much in saying that. I'm sure it'll work out for the best!"
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 25, 2020, 07:30:14 pm »

"Man, sounds like people just need to sit down and talk to each other instead of this underhanded skulduggery 'pretext to war' and 'territoriality' crap."
Aya interjects into the discussion between Grae, Raajak and the prince.
"Guess this is why I don't understand politics. People wanna lie to each other and do all this crap instead of just sitting down and talking straight over a good meal and company. I'd never get the hang of it."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 26, 2020, 02:47:34 pm »

Aurelia nodded.

"Yeah, pretty much... when we didn't find you there we were worried for the worst, but putting aside the whole misunderstanding thing when we came after you, I'm glad that the prince found you all."

Then, a bit quieter, she added,

"Also, I'm happy for you and the prince with your whole relationship thing. I-If I'm not overstepping or assuming too much in saying that. I'm sure it'll work out for the best!"

"Thank you! I think so too. Now, I've been wondering since your performance at dinner- How long have you known Milos?"

"Man, sounds like people just need to sit down and talk to each other instead of this underhanded skulduggery 'pretext to war' and 'territoriality' crap."
Aya interjects into the discussion between Grae, Raajak and the prince.
"Guess this is why I don't understand politics. People wanna lie to each other and do all this crap instead of just sitting down and talking straight over a good meal and company. I'd never get the hang of it."

"If people want to do things differently from each other, they're gonna butt heads, and they're gonna try to look like the reasonable party. Either to get more people on their side, or just to keep others from stepping in against them."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 26, 2020, 02:59:37 pm »

"Not very long actually! We sorta just met back when Grae's group got hired. He's a bit afraid of beast laguz, but he's really sweet! He's a good dancer, right? I tried to help with the show but I was kinda just a prop, heh."
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 26, 2020, 07:46:02 pm »

"Well, I think you performed admirably." Ella drew closer, until she and Aurelia were shoulder to shoulder. "I think you both make quite a lovely couple."
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 87