Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]  (Read 12501 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2019, 01:13:35 pm »

The Defender uses 1F+1W+8EE to CREATE THE WORLD, according to the plan laid out below.
Balance: 2F, A, 3W, 2E, 2S, 3D, 2N, 8H, 19EE
The great Dark Sun, the Hollow Dreamer, shall stand suspended in the center of the world by her web. The Dark Sun may be orbited by moons and celestial phenomena, to create weather, seasons, and other effects upon the planet; these moons shall move along their set paths as determined by how they sit upon the strings of the cosmic web, though none shall exist at the start. The dark sun shall provide warmth and pressure, but not light, to the world below; what light that comes from the heavens shall be provided by moons and constellations alone. In this way, the Dark Sun will stabilize the world, preventing it from collapsing inward.

The crust of the planet shall surround the Hollow Dreamer, creating a hollow world. The crust is made of a vast variety of lichens and mosses, to create a basis for various biomes in their various compositions and natures. This crust shall slowly, gradually give way to a layer of rock as one progresses "deeper," or further away from the sun, which will comprise the outermost layers of the world.

The outer surface of the world may be lit by another set of moons, but their light must be cold; heat must be found by taking refuge deeper, creating one's own, or settling near one of the great lava seas found on both the outer surface and supported by specially-adapted lichen on the inner. Some of these may reach far enough to have vents on the opposite layer, prevented from flowing too far in either direction by the balance of forces without and within. Most of the lava found upon this world is dark, yet gives off life-nourishing heat nonetheless. These lava seas constitute the majority of the ones on the world, but isolated pockets of liquid water remain. Upon these lava seas float great masses of unmelting ice.

Transit between the two layers could be accomplished, but would be difficult, requiring some kind of blessings, knowledge of magic, or simply great amounts of time. Rifts may exist that connect the outside to the inside, and transit will be easiest along the strands of webbing that travel outside the shell of the world.
The Defender spends another action to create a Greater Plane for 4S+1F+1W+1D+1N+8EE, covering the missing S by converting 4H->2S, and places a Pillar of Reality within.
Balance: F, A, 1W, 2E, N, 2D, 4H, 11EE

The Realm Aurum

The Realm, where it has not been built over, is an echo of the mortal realm, much as the Defender himself echoes the mortals themselves. A soft light illuminates it as if it were perpetually dawn, casting rays through the leaves of otherworldly trees. All "life" here is a sort of spectral impression of what exists on the mortal realm, given physical form. It is said that words have more weight here; the plants and animals behave more as people believe they ought to, an apology could heal both the offender and the offended, and particularly egregious lies might form actual chains that weigh the one in question down. The landscape, while also drawing from the mortal realm, tends towards gently rolling hills and thin forest with thickets dotted haphazardly about it.

Upon the tallest hill stands the Hall of Judgement, and the various celestial buildings that shall eventually house the angelic staff that mans it, as well as virtuous mortal souls that have chosen to rest there. These structures range from the spartan to the opulent, each resident choosing where they may reside within the bounds set by the Defender or (eventually) his judges; the more just one was in life, and the more good one does, the better one's station in the next. All mortal souls come to the Realm Aurum for judgement; after such, they are returned to the care of their respective deities, should they have a plane to contain such, or may stay in the Realm as either a retiree from life or a servant of the Defender, whichever they desire. They may also choose to be welcomed into the embrace of the Last, and cease forever, or to reincarnate as a new mortal. Wicked souls are similarly returned to their own patrons marked as such; those under the purview of the Defender, or with no patron, are set to serve out a penance of harsh labor in the afterlife proportionate to the suffering they caused in their mortal ones.
Name: The Hall of Judgement
Sphere: The Hall physically supports the World from below, providing a foundation wrought of justice itself to keep it in balance.
Anchor: So long as the Realm Aurum exists, the Hall shall continue to hold up the World.
Description The great palace that contains the Defender's own throne room, upon which he sits and delivers his judgements. It shares the opulent style of said room, a massive, towering structure of marble edged with gold, heated and illuminated by flowing lava. The Hall from which it draws its name is as long as it needs to be to contain the judges necessary for a soul, with enough distance between the Defender's throne and the judged that they are not damaged by the presence of the immense being. The rest of it consists of smaller courts, where the easier and lighter cases of judgement can be done.
"It is done. Let the conflict between us be healed by the existence of a new world, wrought from compromise."

((Edited to fix formatting))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:35:12 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2019, 02:01:10 pm »

The great Dark Sun, the Hollow Dreamer, shall stand suspended in the center of the world by her web. The Dark Sun may be orbited by moons and celestial phenomena, to create weather, seasons, and other effects upon the planet; these moons shall move along their set paths as determined by how they sit upon the strings of the cosmic web
As the Defender began forming the shell of the world around Hollow Dreamer from the fragments left from the destruction of the First, Hollow Dreamer does not lie idle. She begins weaving massive, yet intricate and delicate, webs spanning across the entire world, keeping it in place and guiding the movements of the heavens.

And at the center of her web, she sat, a Queen upon her high throne.

They nets of dark silk shiver and twist if you look at them too long, and are filled with giant spiders woven from Darkness, who can only survive upon the web. The spiders are mere brutish beasts, yet territorial and aggressive to any interlopers.

[Spiders] The Hollow Dreamer creates her realm, a giant spiderweb spanning across the inside of the Hollow World. [1S+1H+4EE]

((Okayed this with KJP, though he can still say if it's not kosher.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:38:40 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2019, 03:11:59 pm »

Welcome new god, from where ever hence they came. I am the Hollow Dreamer, the Sun of Darkness. May your stay here be pleasant.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2019, 03:32:16 pm »

hmm, hello to you as well titan, my name is Qua, i was awaken by the sudden death, my brother Rin won't be awake until life exist, now where did that dead persons body and soul go i have to put it through a process and a bunch of paper work
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:37:03 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2019, 03:35:04 pm »

hmm, hello to you as well titan, my name is Qua, i was awaken by the sudden death, my brother Rin won't be awake until life exist, now where did that dead persons body and soul go i have to put it through a process and a bunch of paper work
Welcome Qua. I await your brother with eagerness.

The Soul was broken and scattered to the corners of existence. The Titanic Spark has fled to parts unknown. The corpse of their fallen father should be with his daughters, the Overseer of Challenges and the Mother Protector.

You seem to enjoy paperwork. You might find a kindred spirit in Ogretch, Titan of Bureaucracy.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:45:10 pm by Demonic Spoon »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2019, 03:45:17 pm »

i am quite fond of having a orderly yet effective system of death, my brother Rin on the other hand is quite the opposite but i deal with it, worst thing that could happen is him bring things that should be dead back to life
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »

i am quite fond of having a orderly yet effective system of death, my brother Rin on the other hand is quite the opposite but i deal with it, worst thing that could happen is him bring things that should be dead back to life
Know that the Destinies have said that bringing a dead Titan back to life is not possible. And attempting to do so might invite you ire from several beings.

If you require their remains for paperwork however, I bid you good luck hunting down the pieces of their soul, or convincing their offspring to allow whatever it is you need to do.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2019, 04:18:26 pm »

"A god of opposites, an oxymoron by its very being? Why, this will be interesting."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2019, 04:34:37 pm »

honestly its a headache but one can't exist without the other, its simple yet complex, cause without life whats the point of death, without death whats the point of life

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2019, 04:53:53 pm »

The Thirteenth laughs heartily.

"Child, you lack imagination. In time, you'll see that life and death are certainly not the only options. Or maybe you don't. Depends on how stubborn you'll be, in the end."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2019, 04:59:57 pm »

who knows if i ever will, however this hall of judgement seems interesting and my kind of style

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2019, 05:09:09 pm »

"It is good to hear that one of the Gods is pleased with it. It is my hope that the Hall shall stand pristine for eternity." The Defender shifted in his seat, leaning slightly toward the one in question. "God of the Cycle, have you any thoughts on the rest of the system of the Realm Aurum?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2019, 06:26:53 pm »

to be honest once life is set up you should get those judges sooner rather than later, i have plans to make an archive to date and set limits on how long all mortals live for, and even explain how they will die, my brother Rin may create a book that holds the life story of every mortal, which should help with the judging
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 04:46:27 am by darkwarlock3 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2019, 04:32:44 am »

The Last looked at Qua, and her head tilted to one side as she examined this newcomer. So obviously born of her...and yet, she could recall no hand in their making. She greets them amiably, though with curiosity, and asks of the newcomer from where they had come, to be the twin halves of Mortality split so cleanly in twain and yet united. She asks him if he would like a hand in drafting the edict that would define how things ended.

The Last spies the creation of the world with joy, and smiles at the Defender, gesturing for him to dance with her once more. It was not perfect; it was not precisely what she had thought to make; it would not suit all. But that...that was what made it beautiful.

Create a new god alongside Defender.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2019, 05:06:59 am »

to be honest i don't know who my parents are, but if you think i'm one of yours then maybe i am, as much as i would want to help with the edict, it is yours to decide besides the point i'm only waiting for my brother Rin to wake up, after he does i'm most likely going to gather up the other gods cause they need to stop being baby backs and start working on this world Defender is making, but plese do make it hard for mortals to achieve immortality its bothersome to deal with those kinds of mortals
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14