Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 193550 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 1: {A Crap Re;Zero Reference}
« Reply #1110 on: September 27, 2019, 04:24:00 am »

Yliss smiled deviously at Milly after hearing her say that.

"My, how sneaky, offering help from the get-go so you gain supporters that are in favor of letting you join our group."

Then, she lightly chuckles.

"Just messing around with you. It's awfully nice of you wanting to help our long-eared friend here understand the world better."

After a while, though, her smile slowly faded, as if realizing something.

"You've been awfully nice the entire time so far, in fact..."
"... I don't know how much you opened up to Jarvis and 42-1 here before I came along, but I think I understand now."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 27, 2019, 09:26:24 am »

"....eh?"
Milly does not, in fact, understand.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 27, 2019, 09:38:40 am »

"Don't want to insult you, but... you're kinda desperate right now, right?"

She glances to the backpack on Milly's back.

"Your wares are not selling well, considering how filled-to-the-brim it is, despite the fact that the weapon economy is pure shit. Noticed that while taking a walk. That's your reason for joining us, at least in part."
"... In case you haven't been told yet, the entire group is held together by a literal goddess promising each one of us a big sum of money. In fact, a very unrealistic sum of money even for seasoned veterans. Everyone of us is, for their own personal reasons, desperate for the money."
"Accompanying us will be the wildest ride of your life, and I won't promise it'll be a fun one."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 27, 2019, 09:42:35 am »

Milly frowns.
"You don't need to want something from someone else to w-want to help them, even if you guys being my customers would be nice....."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 27, 2019, 09:53:03 am »

She looks at Milly for a while, taking in her words.

"..."

The silence grew longer, as if she was deep in thought.

"..."

Finally, she broke her silence.

"You're a foolish girl with that kind of attitude. It'll put you into a vulnerable spot, practically inviting people to take advantage of your kindness... Heck, I bet this foolishness is contagious..."
"... because now I feel foolish enough to buy from your stock and wanting to help you."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 27, 2019, 10:02:58 am »

"....I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not, but thanks anyway?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 27, 2019, 10:50:27 am »

"Having more people willing to MPMH 42 is always welcome. Possibly taking turns teaching him a thing or two."
Jarvis didn't even bother interrupting the conversation this time around, he just saw down and facepalmed at this odd approach. Soon enough he reached for a piece of paper and raised it to make sure the other members of the party were going to notice what was going on.
"Right, for those who were MPMH and didn't notice, we have someone here willing to sell us some gear. So we need to MPMH out what are going to buy, so if you could step up and let me know, I will make sure to write it MPMH."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 27, 2019, 11:20:01 am »

"I can't change my entire personality in a single day, guess I'm still crap with compliments... But yeah, it was supposed to be one, Milly. Sorry."

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 27, 2019, 11:29:38 am »

She turned to her sister and spoke very quietly.

"So. Lot of money. Really dangerous, but also a lot of adventure. You in?" She really hoped she bit on the adventure bit, even if she was probably unaware how deep in the hole they were.

Lilian had seemingly been daydreaming again, something she commonly did much to Selene's chagrin. In fact she'd been spaced out quite some time. Selene was sure normally her sister would have much more to comment on such... colorful happenings such as these. Whatever the case, she had a strange look on her face. Almost as if incredibly happy about something... the drool peeking out the corner of her mouth probably meant it was best not knowing.

She managed to hear Selene's voice, snapping her out of whatever trance she'd been in with quite a start. "OH GEEZ!!! Oh, it's just you Selene~ " her hand flying to her chest in relief as she sighed. The elder succusister needed no extra reminding of Selene's question as she lurched forward with an answer. She seemed to recover quickly from her shock. "Oh! An adventure! I always wanted to go on one of those! And we'll get paid for our time, How thoughtful.~ That means I won't have ta worry about Stardust then while I'm away." A once famous name dropped casually in conversation. Typical Lilian not knowing the reputation of the Dream Brothel she had in the palms of her hands. And was systematically ruining but... minor details...

"Sure thing Selene~ Let's do this thing, it should be fun! Oh... we need a new party name though... Seems like Mister 2-Swords left... I think? I don't remember what he looked like honestly. Horribly plain and generic if ya ask me. Oh but besides we have so many new friends. And a couple weirdos! But mostly friends, and the weirdos can be Friendos!" The fiery haired demoness leapt on her sister with a great big hug as she did this. The kind your elder sibling did on purpose to embarrass you in public. Only in Lilian's case she didn't know such as thing could be perceived that way. She was much too lost in her new found excitement.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 27, 2019, 11:59:05 am »

Yliss, still in her conversation with Milly, takes a sideglance to the situation unfolding nearby as Lilian became active. Quite active, in fact. Seeing her being ditzy and then hugging her sister filled the wandering swordswoman with joy.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 27, 2019, 12:19:13 pm »

Shoes, seemingly having nothing to contribute at the moment, simply stared intensely at Serena, a bloodlust sitting behind his eyes that did not belong on an herbivore. At least, until Marcia addressed the horse, at which point he stamped his feet, shook his head a particular way, and snorted before returning to his glare.
"You know, that horse of yours is kinda cute....Marcia. Yes, definitely your name. Does he like sugar cubes or apples?"
"Horses are my sacred animal, you know. Them and manatees."

"Sure thing Selene~ Let's do this thing, it should be fun! Oh... we need a new party name though... Seems like Mister 2-Swords left... I think? I don't remember what he looked like honestly. Horribly plain and generic if ya ask me. Oh but besides we have so many new friends. And a couple weirdos! But mostly friends, and the weirdos can be Friendos!" The fiery haired demoness leapt on her sister with a great big hug as she did this. The kind your elder sibling did on purpose to embarrass you in public. Only in Lilian's case she didn't know such as thing could be perceived that way. She was much too lost in her new found excitement.
Kazuto glares at Lilian from across the bar, his pint glass clanking on the wooden countertop.
"I'm still here, you know. It'd be nice to have a thank you for me busting you out of prison. I didn't do that, you'd both still be sipping bootleg mai-tais in a prison cell."

"As long as you pay my gracious self the proper homage, we could calll each other friends."
"No. I would like my payment in the form of your toe gnail clippings." There was a moment of silence following this statement, then Gnome Jenkins continued. "As the only likely buyer of such a commodity, I can reasonably set a fair quantity. Let us say a filled barrel."
"Of course, a goddess like myself can always make accomodations for-"

Those crucial seconds allow Serena to completely miss what Gnome Jenkins just asked.

"Wait."

And then it hits her.

"Wait. D-did you just say..."
".....d-did you just say....y-you wanted a...."
"A BARREL OF MY TOENAILS?!?!?!?!?!"
"W-WHY WOULD YOU WANT SOMETHING LIKE THAT?! WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT SOMETHING LIKE THAT?! ARE YOU SOME KIND OF MASSIVE PERVERT?!"

Outside, the sounds of a fierce rainstorm can be heard, massive raindrops clattering onto the cobblestones like hailstones cracking on rock.

"Having more people willing to MPMH 42 is always welcome. Possibly taking turns teaching him a thing or two."
"I can't change my entire personality in a single day, guess I'm still crap with compliments... But yeah, it was supposed to be one, Milly. Sorry."
"A-always happy to help. I always wanted to be a teacher, y-you know...."
"And, w-well....you know, i-it's always worth trying something even if it seems hard, right? That's what some old friends of mine used to tell me, a-anyway....."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:27:50 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 27, 2019, 12:23:10 pm »

"Is that so, why MPMH you take this path then?"
Jarvis slooowly turned his head to the side when he heard Serena's sudden yelling before returning his attention to Milly, pretending he didn't hear what she was exclaiming about. Hoo boy, now the gnome really did it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 27, 2019, 12:38:50 pm »

"There's gno gneed for gname-calling." There was a little need. "And you would hardly ask why anyone would want their own, more pedestrian payments. It's gnone of your business."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 27, 2019, 12:49:48 pm »

Turning towards the screeching goddess, Yliss just shrugs.

"That's what I meant with 'wildest ride', Milly. The weirdest things can happen."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 27, 2019, 12:53:27 pm »

"I thought I already did... maybe I was too drunk. Thanks again, in any case." Selene said, before turning to the goddess. "Contracts, please." She decided not to acknowledge what the gnome had said since it was clearly a weird hangover hallucination thing despite the fact she didn't feel a hangover.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 328