Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 193559 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 9: We're Not Gonna Take It
« Reply #4770 on: April 27, 2022, 01:33:08 am »

Keith, much like Yliss, did feel a little disappointed to have come all that way and not only not get the final blow on Freya, he didn't even get to throw a punch against her. He sighed.

Well, I suppose this is a more fitting end anyway.

He elected to focus on the positives.

"Nice work there. You really showed her."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: April 27, 2022, 03:30:43 am »

"Drawn out, dramatic struggles... that happens only in anime. Team F's business as usual, eh?"

"On the flipside, I've managed to completely dodge all swings made at me. Hooray me!"

"...even though it was only one attack."

"Anyway... I think it's about time for a proper family reunion, isn't it?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: April 27, 2022, 07:14:53 am »

"...thanks. I couldn't have come so far without you guys. We did this together."
"...you....you still haven't beaten me, Serena..."
"Give it up, sister. There are still two other goddesses in the room."

Freya tries to pull herself to her feet, only to find the point of Rhea's spear pointed at her neck.

"I said enough."

Mephistopheles slowly stirs, his wounds having been healed by the rain.
"...is it over...?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: April 27, 2022, 01:40:41 pm »

Jarvis somehow removed his helmet before giving a nod. A repetitive nod because of the mask.
"Yes, it MPHM over. Thankfully it was MPMH brief fight."
"Now it is more MPMH matter of making Freya face MMPH consequences of her crimes."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: April 27, 2022, 03:26:06 pm »

"Sorry we had to knock you out, dude. It was the only way to stop Freya."

For the third time, Keith extended a hand to Mephistopheles, offering him help to his feet.

"But the good news is that Serena just about took Freya's block off and, once we figure out what to do with her, we can start putting things right."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4775 on: April 27, 2022, 08:49:18 pm »

"There is one more promise to be fulfilled."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: April 28, 2022, 08:02:08 pm »

Mephistopheles pulls himself to his feet with Keith's hand.
"That witch....she polluted my brain. I couldn't think straight...."

The sounds of fighting fade away from the outside. This, you hope, means that your allies have won.

"Mother, just follow me. It's down this way."

The light footsteps approaching the room bring with them an aura you cannot quite place. It feels as overwhelming or as powerful as Mephistopheles or Freya's, but in a different way; rather than oppressive or suffocating, the aura feels light, liberating.

Into the open doorway, two figures walk. One is recognisable as Discordia.

"Everyone, this is...."

A tall, red-headed lady approaches Team F. She wears a light, green modest dress with golden trim, a soft smile on her face, and soft pink eyes scanning the group. The aura you could feel, you realise, is hers; the closest you can describe it is everything at once, as if you were looking from the world from above during a particularly beautiful sunset. A sense of wonder, of wanting to protect the world beneath you, of simultaneously knowing everything and wanting more. A pleasant presence to be in, to be certain.

Before you stands the Mother of the Gods, Titania.
"....my children. Why are you here?"
"Mom?"

Titania Hera Mundia
~Goddess Mother Dragon, Progenitor of Creation~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: April 28, 2022, 08:18:50 pm »

Keith moved so Mephistopheles and Serena were behind him, doing what little he could to interpose himself between them and Titania.

"Ma'am, this daughter of yours needs some heavy discipline."

He pointed at Freya.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: April 29, 2022, 02:47:10 am »

Yliss quickly intercepts Keith.

"Keith! This is not any one Goddess! It's THE Goddess! At least show some respect!"

She then faces Titania and bows her head before beginning to talk.

"Oh Goddess Mother Dragon, I plea for you to listen, and to listen to all. The goddesses. The demons. Us mortals..."
"... And to especially listen to Serena. Because, with all due respect, as the weeks passed through the land, to me it sounded more and more like this mess happened because not all your daughters have been heard with equal measure and importance."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: April 29, 2022, 09:49:10 am »

Making up yet another spot on the gamut of Revivian reactions to the ubergoddess of this whole crazy Generia world, Asuna's most immediate reaction was a slightly confused blink, although all of the converging auras of power did at least get her to straighten herself up rather than the more "leaning on one of her other swords" posture she'd adopted after the brief battle.
:"I dunno Yliss, I feel like Serena can speak for herself. Probably should, too. You know, she just did all of that, and she's a dragon right now, so... I don't know, that might be what counts as impressive."
...but, really, having an opportunity like this to actually confront a parent? Yeah, felt that was something Serena should take hold of. She never had.

:"Wait, is this going to be my opportunity to see about the whole wish thin- ah, uh, no, I'll wait."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: April 29, 2022, 08:23:22 pm »

"There MPMH a lot to cover, that is for sure. So it might be for MMPH best for Serena to explain as much as she can and we MPMH cover the other areas if necessary."
"Us and MPHPM other Goddesses who had been helping, really. Leave no MPHM for doubt."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: April 30, 2022, 07:41:07 am »

"Please, do not be so formal. You're giving me far too much credit."

Titania's eyes linger on Freya with a spear to her neck, courtesy of Rhea. She frowns.
"Rhea, please....don't point a spear at your sister."
"Mother! Thank the heavens you're here. These....these mortals, you wouldn't believe what they're doing! Please, listen to your most beloved daughter-"
"Quiet!"
Rhea's voice, for the first time since you've known her, raises beyond the calm, collected cadence you've known it to be. Freya shrinks away in fear. She lowers her lance, propping the bottom on the floor and away from Freya.
"Rhea? Explain."
"Mother. Our sister has....been keeping you in the dark."
"That much, I suspected. Discordia explained that Freya had been doing something behind my back. I needed to see for myself."
"Liar! Liar! I did no such thing!"

Titania gazes at Serena.
"It wasn't so long ago that you left to end the war....but you've grown so much, my daughter. Discordia told me everything."
"..."
"I fear I have done you a great wrong, my dear. As your mother, I should've been more attentive. My love for your sisters and you....it blinded me. I didn't realise what Freya had done, and for that I'm sorry. I....am not sure my apologies can will do much for how long I-"
"It's not your fault, mom. Freya....she tried to turn everyone against me. Hide everything from you. You....you're just as much of a victim of it as I was. It'll take me a while to figure things out but....for now, let's just focus on this."
"Shut up! You...you don't know anything, Serena! Mother, don't listen to her-!"
"So you know then."
"About the hex, and about Freya casting Borea and Discordia out. Yes, I know now. But not about the truth."
"Lady Titania."

Titania turned towards the recovering Mephistopheles, a gentle smile on her face.
"Sir Mephistopheles. It has been a long time. The last time we met, you were by your master's side, and drinking as equals. The war....now it is over, perhaps we could return to those days?"
"Lord, now."
"Oh. Did you and Demogorgia.....are congratulations in order?"
"....no."

He points towards the casket.

"That was your daughter's doing."
"You did that to yourselves!"
"Serena, what happened? Demogorgia....if I had known she had passed, I would have done something. She was the kindest of the demons. Surely....."
"Freya set everything up to make the mortals kill Demogorgia to make sure there wouldn't be any peace between the demons and the mortals. She did it to hide something, but the only person who knows....is Demogorgia herself."

Serena closes her eyes, her draconic form being engulfed in bright light as it shrinks and warps back into a humanoid form, the more familiar body of a young adult that she normally takes.

"I'm going to resurrect her. The only way we can ever know the truth is from her."
"See, mother? She's insane! She's resurrecting demons! Don't liste-"
"Silence Hex."
The green runes that you've seen on Mammon, Megara and Discordia appear around Freya's mouth, robbing her of speech.
"As you have done unto others, so have it be done to you."
"....do your friends have anything to say? Please, Serena's friends, if you have anything to add, speak now. I do not wish to make a decision so uninformed again."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 09:54:35 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: April 30, 2022, 10:02:41 am »

"I have nothing really important to say, other than appreciating the irony of Freya getting Silence Hexed herself, after all of this... this was her main tool of keeping this whole business hush-hush, after all."

"But yes, no need to wait any longer with rezzing Demogorgia."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: April 30, 2022, 10:47:32 am »

"I can't speak for everyone but I don't think there's a need to make Mephistopheles wait any longer."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: April 30, 2022, 10:50:13 am »

"I do not believe there is anything I could say that is more damaging than Freya's own bluster."
"Honestly, were it not for the hex I suspect she'd have doubled the depth of her proverbial hole."
With a sigh she turns to her quarry.
"Mephistopheles, this is neither the time nor place to say this, but I am saying now because I doubt I will have the chance in the foreseeable future:"
"Why the fuck did you let your underlings call themselves Servants of the Demon Lord?"
"Have you any idea how it feels to wake to the scent of your own burning flesh only to find that the culprits were simultaneously impugning the honor of your entire profession? They didn't even wear the proper uniforms!"
"Did you abandon your pride as a butler?! Did you want everyone to associate with Lady Demogorgon's title with such discourteous incompetent servants?"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:03:34 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 328