Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 54020 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #585 on: March 01, 2020, 05:22:19 pm »

: "I don't remember much, I'm afraid. I was on...some sort of quest? It feels like an important one, but the details are all hazy. I know there were others with me, at least." Gregor couldn't help but feel slightly ashamed of himself, as illogical as that was. Were his companions in his world waiting for him to return? Was it causing problems for the quest?

As the discussion turned to languages, Gregor found himself intrigued and joined in, removing his ring in order to listen to the others speak. What he discovered was surprising!

: "Interesting! Ciera and bearded stranger, some of your words...they sound like mangled versions of my own. Can you understand me at all?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:01:00 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #586 on: March 01, 2020, 05:33:48 pm »

Hoshiko had been taking her ring off periodically to test it alongside the others, and found herself bewildered.

"I haven't been able to understand anyone with my ring off at all. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 01, 2020, 05:53:26 pm »

Having slipped off his ring again, the green-clad stranger focuses on Gregor as he speaks, face flexed, before slipping his ring back on.
: "I can't understand Miss Hoshiko at all, but as for you I... get the gist of what you're saying but it it sounds... overly-elaborate? Archaic? I'm getting some of the words you're saying but not all of them."
: "Maybe we're also from the same world, but from different regions? Hah, this is fascinating..."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 01, 2020, 06:00:07 pm »

"Speaking of names... seeing as we've all started to remember more, has your name come back to you yet?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 01, 2020, 06:04:49 pm »

The man begins to speak, almost by reflex.
: "Linus Ori-"
He seems to catch and cut himself off, shaking his head in frustration.
: "..."
: "No that's... That's one of the fake names. I've had a number of them jumbling around in my head ever since coming to the Nexus, and I wasn't entirely sure which one was right... But, after flexing my memory and my skills a bit, I think I'm confident. My real name is Alec Slyvir."
: "A pleasure to meet you all."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 01, 2020, 06:11:17 pm »

Gregor replaced his ring, feeling excited at the prospect of working with people from his own world.

: "Well, it's nice to meet you too Alec. Any idea why you'd have "fake names" tumbling around inside your head?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 01, 2020, 06:19:09 pm »

The bard seizes up.
: "Erm..."
He seems to ponder for a few moments, but eventually relents with a sigh.
: "...Well, no use in weaseling my way out in this state. The way my memory is shaping up, I'm... an informant, or a spy of some sort, I think? Most of my memory involves talking to people, being where I absolutely shouldn't be, and writing things down..."
He retrieves the book he had requested from the Guardian, cracking it open to the first couple pages he had jotted down.
: "A lot of things. I remember filling out several books this size, cover-to-cover." He tabs through the empty pages, for emphasis. "I... hope that won't complicate our teamwork here. I have every intention on seeing people safe."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2020, 06:21:27 pm »

"Oh, he was obviously some sort of scoundrel." Iris added, sounding like she approved of it. "A warrior goes through plenty of shields in his battles, a rogue needs lots of different names to throw off pursuers of the law and not so lawful variety.

Guess you got away from your enemies after all, eh Alec? The perfect escape!"

Iris imagination painted a picture of Alec being cornered in a locked room by his many enemies before being drawn into another dimension-his disappearance leaving no trace, turning him into a legend overnight. Maybe she should write this down...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 01, 2020, 06:26:50 pm »

Alec laughs, almost derisively towards himself.
: "A pretty rotten escape if it also robbed me of my memories. What good is a 'rogue' who can't rely on their own mind?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 02, 2020, 04:42:39 am »

Alex had mostly been silent through the ring experiment, though he did slip off his ring -- he had been contemplating the way that his memory seemed only to return to him still in slips and snatches, frustratingly vague. He remembered more about his family, and he knew he had several children, but he couldn't even remember who they were, who his wife was, or even how many children he had. Only flashes, vague, maddeningly brief. Affection... actually, overwhelming affection. Being very busy. Red. He remembered that he had been a knight, and that he had fought in many difficult combats... but he remembered these only as if slipping in and out of consciousness as well. Snow. Blood. Standing resolute. Magic.

It was tantalizing and it was frustrating. These tiny little incomplete snippets of things that had clearly been very, very dear to him... they left him wanting more, wondering what this summoning had taken from him, left him feeling inadequate and existentially frustrated from his inability to reach back and figure out what the hell was in these gaps. Without them... well, these things, he suspected, had defined him. He was left feeling somewhat empty.

Still, he did manage to pay enough attention to speak up.
:"I apologize for not speaking up earlier, but Gregor, we may be from the same place. I understood you very clearly, and in much the same way, what Alec here and Ciera were saying were... halfway-intelligible, I suppose."

He looked down, now, and frowned.
:"As for what I remember... I remembered during this battle that I have a wife and children, and that I was a knight. But I... don't remember my wife, or what she's like. And I don't remember my children, or even how many I have. I don't know what it is that I fought to protect, either. This..." he fell silent for a moment. "is a deeply frustrating experience." He had been intensely loyal... but to what? To who?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 02, 2020, 05:19:51 am »

Alec laughs, almost derisively towards himself.
: "A pretty rotten escape if it also robbed me of my memories. What good is a 'rogue' who can't rely on their own mind?"

"You're gaining it back though. Among us you're the most inquisitive in discovering your past...I suspect thou sought secrets in thy previous life. This is just you reassuming your former identity.

...Oh, and apparently no one speaks my language. I don't understand a jot of anything any of you were saying. That makes me feel sort of lonely. But I suppose, I am the only one drawn from my land...which may not a bad thing, now that I think of it...there were not many of us, I think? And yet their faces remain drawn behind curtains..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 05, 2020, 11:45:34 am »

While Otiros stood still almost like a statue pondering about some memories returning to his mind, his attention soon focused on the green haired man. His words made him cross his arms and give a brief nod in agreement.
"Same can be said about me, I am certain this is not 'home', even if I can only vaguely remember where I came from."
"But it is nice to know we have a hero of some sort in this mission...can't say I do carry a fancy title such as yours, as  a matter of fact I am a tad...confused right now."
The armored figured rubbed the side of his helmet and lowered the tone of his voice to make sure just Julius was going to hear this next words.
"I do remember serving as a general to someone...can't quite remember who-But the part that is currently bothering my mind is the title I was given; Demon Knight. That doesn't strike me as very...heroic title, you know."
"I wouldn't be so sure about that friend. We all have our stories, and for some a name of terror one day can become a figure of hope the next. Just because one's a demon need not mean they serve the devil"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 05, 2020, 05:44:20 pm »

Well, that was interesting at least. But it seemed like enough of them had finished talking. Wandering back over to Cat, she reached out with the crystal, gently touching the cover of the grimoire with the tip, watching the crystal once again begin to glow.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 05, 2020, 05:52:32 pm »

"You have quite the positive behavior, I will give you that. Considering we had been fighting both skeletons and monsters, I am just a tad...concerned about this title.
"Hopefully you are right about that."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29:01 pm »

As Ciera touched the crystal against the leather of the tome, the crystal reached the brightest glow yet, before suddenly going dark. Then flashing on and off several times, before suddenly a portal opened in the air, a few feet away from Ciera. On the other side was the Nexus, and Friedhelm.

"There! Please return through the portal." The guardian looked around at the group through the portal, and nodded. "You all seem to be alright. That's good!"
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 73