Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 54021 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2020, 12:54:18 pm »

"Personally, I'd say there is a fine enough difference between skeletons and a man made of green flame. Best move forward with conviction, and not let your own doubts betray you."

He turned his head to the shiny portal, and the guardian beckoning their return.

"And I suppose that's our cue. Seems we better get moving then. But first..."

He looked at the floor and sought out the crown of gold leaves that the crimson skeleton he slew had been wearing atop its head. Spying it, he went over and snatched the decoration up and hung it off a hook on his belt.

"To say one has been to other worlds is a rare feat, quite worthy of keeping a record of the road we've taken, wouldn't you say?" Nodding in self satisfaction  at his own line, Julius turned and headed towards the portal back to the Nexus.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2020, 03:06:52 pm »

"To say one has been to other worlds is a rare feat, quite worthy of keeping a record of the road we've taken, wouldn't you say?" Nodding in self satisfaction  at his own line, Julius turned and headed towards the portal back to the Nexus.

"I intend to fill a gallery with paintings I've made from all the places we visit..."

As Ciera touched the crystal against the leather of the tome, the crystal reached the brightest glow yet, before suddenly going dark. Then flashing on and off several times, before suddenly a portal opened in the air, a few feet away from Ciera. On the other side was the Nexus, and Friedhelm.

"There! Please return through the portal." The guardian looked around at the group through the portal, and nodded. "You all seem to be alright. That's good!"

"But, whats more important is that we accomplished our mission. Right?" She replied evenly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2020, 06:10:28 pm »

"I would have had great difficulty in bringing you back if you hadn't... But that's not what you meant, is it?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2020, 06:39:49 pm »

"...I suppose we will just have to wait until my memory returns to be completely sure about this, but you are right. For now I will try to keep focused on this task."
Otiros glanced at the trail of scattered bones they created by fighting those skeletons before giving a shrug.
"It is quite something, yes, so I can't judge you for keeping a trinket for yourself. Perhaps it will be useful in the future if we do end up forgetting about all of this."
As there wasn't anything else to be done in the cave, he made his way into the portal as well.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2020, 09:20:16 pm »

: "That wasn't easy...but we all got through it in one piece and got the tome, so I'd call this a win!"

Gregor made a mental note to bring more medicine next time, however; only the Branwen girl seemed to be truly skilled in the healing arts and she couldn't be everywhere.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2020, 09:30:41 pm »

Vahn followed Iris through the portal.

"We are as well as can be expected. It will take some time before we all have our instincts back... and to shake the rust from our bones. We will fight better next time."

The old man took the nearest seat he could find, on the edge of a table, and reached for a pouch on his waist that wasn't there with fingers too stiff and gnarled to roll the herbs he didn't have. He looked at his hand for a moment, noting the subtle tremble - but it wasn't the shaking of withdrawal, not anymore; only age that robbed the steadiness from them.

Perhaps, whatever I had, I need it again; there's not an inch of bone or muscle on this old body that doesn't ache.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2020, 09:39:02 pm »

The guardian frowned at Vahn's words. "I suspected a light target might help in the restoration of your memories, but I suppose all we can really do is wait. On borrowed time."

"You should all get some rest. I have the next artifact in mind, and I don't think anything is in the way, but we can't risk running you all too hard."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2020, 10:35:43 pm »

"You know, I get the distinct sense that 'nothing in the way' tends to mean 'there's a lot in the way'. Feels like that might have been a running theme in my life."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2020, 03:07:27 am »

Vahn followed Iris through the portal.

"We are as well as can be expected. It will take some time before we all have our instincts back... and to shake the rust from our bones. We will fight better next time."

The old man took the nearest seat he could find, on the edge of a table, and reached for a pouch on his waist that wasn't there with fingers too stiff and gnarled to roll the herbs he didn't have. He looked at his hand for a moment, noting the subtle tremble - but it wasn't the shaking of withdrawal, not anymore; only age that robbed the steadiness from them.

Perhaps, whatever I had, I need it again; there's not an inch of bone or muscle on this old body that doesn't ache.

Iris didn't like seeing the old man (Whom in her my mind she had been thinking as a friend) tremble. Oddly, it made her...angry. That a good man should suffer the indignity of age! A better man, since he didn't call himself a good man. Well, it was only natural, right? That things should fade away? Rot and decay were essential to existence as life and growth...some of her memories had resurfaced and she found herself disagreeing...however illogical...however strange...she remembered a time when she had tried to make something better of the world...

"Enough musing...Mr. Vahn, I think we could use something warm to drink. And this castle is reasonable well stocked. What is your typical post-battle repast? I know I enjoyed something I called Threap Soup...sort of like a potion for warriors. It made one more aggressive.

I can't quite recall where I got the taste. Or what it might be composed of.

Maybe some mulled red wine?"

"I would have had great difficulty in bringing you back if you hadn't... But that's not what you meant, is it?"

"Just pointing out our stakes. Success is our goal-survival a luxury. The warriors coda. We are expendable assets to you. I accept this. It is a worthy cause in which to expend oneself...or to cause others to expend their selves...

Yet, I have sensed some hesitation in you before...a sense of distaste about what you had to do. I council you to cast it aside. Embrace your decisions. They cannot be undone, after all. The thought of dying for an indecisive man annoys me greatly, is all. Show me that you believe in us. In our goal. That you accept the consequences. In what you brought us here to do. Inspire me, hmm?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2020, 03:27:41 am »

As the portal opens and the Guardian speaks through it, Alec's attention is pulled over to it.
: "Well, there's our cue."
The bard glances around at the rest of the cave, as if studying his surroundings one more time, before stepping up to the portal- pointedly waiting until everyone else was through it before entering himself.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 07, 2020, 03:40:17 am »

"Enough musing...Mr. Vahn, I think we could use something warm to drink. And this castle is reasonable well stocked. What is your typical post-battle repast? I know I enjoyed something I called Threap Soup...sort of like a potion for warriors. It made one more aggressive.

I can't quite recall where I got the taste. Or what it might be composed of.

Maybe some mulled red wine?"

"Yes, perhaps some food and drink is in order. We need to keep our strength up between these battles; a starving man is not a capable one."

He had the feeling that he had used that fact to his advantage quite a lot; he was recalling quite a bit about poisons one could make from herbs. Not all of them were lethal, but one took whatever advantage one could get when he was fighting large groups of people. Enough of that; he needed to focus on Iris's question.

"I'm... not quite sure."

"It seems like I ate whatever I could get my hands on to survive - roots, berries, whatever creatures I could hunt or comestibles I could trade for. I don't remember many formal meals after my childhood."

"I'd like to try this Threap Soup of yours."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 07, 2020, 05:28:19 am »

"I suppose resting isn't a bad idea...especially considering we will be facing one campaign after another."
"How is the armory looking? Did you perhaps find anything else in there that we couldn't spot before?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2020, 07:10:13 am »

"I'd like to try this Threap Soup of yours."

"I have an idea how I might make it...similar to how I made the avakodo. I'll have to flourish it into existence...I sense it won't be quite the same, but one makes do with what they have at hand...

Hopefully this experiment is a little more successful!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 08, 2020, 07:04:48 pm »

Eventually, everyone had returned through the portal. Once that was done, Friedhelm moved to a nearby panel, running his hands across a stone instrument that shone with light as his fingers moved across the surface. The image of the cavern was replaced with an empty green glow, as it had been before they'd left.

Friedhelm spotted the golden laurel that Julius had set upon his belt, and addressed him. "...Julius I understand, better than you yourself do, that we must take things from where I send you in order to save the Nexus. But I beg of you to leave what you can in its rightful place. We are doing enough damage with what is necessary."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 08, 2020, 08:36:43 pm »

"Perhaps we should see what we have available to make food out of before we resort to eating magic paint."

Vahn's face was serious but his tone had an undercurrent of humor in it.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 73