Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 54018 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #630 on: March 12, 2020, 08:50:34 pm »

"Power, mostly. Ease of access is a secondary consideration. Where possible, I check as best I can at a later timepoint for the world in question. In this particular case the grimoire you retrieved, I could not find any mentions of appearances of it beyond this time, so retrieving it should not cause a point shift. But to return to your question as it will apply more generally to other items I will ask you to retrieve: The magical potency of the item is the foremost concern."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2020, 09:09:32 pm »

: "I see." The bard continues writing notes as Friedhelm answers, "In doing such research, then, I suppose you are quite familiar with the history surrounding it. Would you say this item was of particular importance to that world, before the time you sent us to?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 12, 2020, 09:13:26 pm »

Friedhelm made a face. "Well, 'quite familiar" may be overstating things somewhat. Based on what I was able to learn, no. It was the property of a young woman who dreamed of power and met an ignoble end. A secret weapon never brought to bear. Maybe. I can't truly be certain."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 12, 2020, 09:32:29 pm »

While Otiros had a few questions of his own, for now he just made his way to the armory as those could be saved for a better occasion. Plus he needed to get  a few more bolts for their next mission.
"Might as well stock up while we still can."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 13, 2020, 03:27:43 pm »

Branwen appears from somewhere behind Otiros, her stride increasing to match his.
"Do you mind if I accompany you? I also require some supplies myself. Possibly more healing salves."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 13, 2020, 03:44:37 pm »

With the battle over and everyone back in the world which held this demure guardian's base, Alex sighed, let his posture hang a little bit (he winced -- he could feel an ache in his back starting to build up) and clapped his hands (CLANG).
:"I suppose that that puts an end to that chapter of things, then. I will want to get a little rest, I suppose. I am not as young as I was when I did this regularly, I suspect, hah hah... but I promise that it won't get in my way. I won't let myself let anyone down."

He paused for a while, and then his gaze settled on Hoshiko. After looking at her somewhat uncomfortably for a couple of moments, he cleared his throat, straightened his posture out (with half of another wince) and then moved her way.
:"You... your name is Hoshiko, yes? Er, Hoshiko the Righteous, I do seem to recall."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 13, 2020, 04:09:55 pm »

Catherine, for her part, went to the armory again to stock up, getting new copies of all gear, and then sitting down and taking some time to write things in her notebook - both stuff she'd seen in the other world and new stuff that she remembered about her life.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 13, 2020, 04:22:50 pm »

"Do you mind if I accompany you? I also require some supplies myself. Possibly more healing salves."
Otiros glanced to the side the moment he heard someone speaking up and responded with a brief nod.
"Oh? Sure, I suppose some company is welcome."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #638 on: March 13, 2020, 10:09:53 pm »

The pink haired archer nodded sharply.
"Yes. Hoshiko the Righteous of Yukihana, here to defend the weak and deliver burning justice to the wicked souls of the world." She put her hands on her hips, assuming a pose that was probably intended to make her look heroic. "Thank you for your assistance back there." She glanced aside awkwardly; it seemed like she was about to continue, but instead she let herself relax into a somewhat more natural pose. "I would say you should recognize my name, but I can barely remember why anyone should, much less someone from another world. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 14, 2020, 09:32:51 am »

Ciera found herself idly fidgeting with the slim gold band she had on her finger, staring at the man she now knew was called Alec, before quickly turning around, a faint blush on her cheeks. She instead marched over to Catherine, and smiled at the other girl.

"Hello again! You said your name was Catherine, right? How are you doing? Do you remember anything interesting about your life? I remembered that I was in the military. I think. I certainly know how to fight well at least, and I think that's why. It's still all fuzzy though. And--"

Remembering that she had asked the other girl a question, she cut herself off, and finally waited for a response.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2020, 10:03:58 am »

Catherine looked up from her seat as Ciera talked. She opened her mouth to reply, but Ciera had an unexpected motormouth. She waited for her to finish before responding.

"You're done? Alright then, to answer your questions in order... Yes, I am Catherine. I'm doing surprisingly well actually, this whole experience is fascinating. The memories I'm finding seem to confirm the earlier idea that I was a scholar... although interestingly enough, I also remember a lot more combat than I'd expect for even a mage of high skill. A name floats to mind as well... Kizamo, I think, was the name of my home country. I remember... a lot of sand. Which does have me wondering why I'm not tanned from the sun as I think is normal for desert regions; either I didn't spend much outside, I was of foreign birth, or just didn't spend much time in the country... Oh, now I'm the one talking a lot... Have you remembered anything of home yet?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2020, 10:30:56 am »

A chuckle escaped as she realized the two of them both had the ability to ramble on a bit, though Catherine's certainly seemed more focused than hers. But it was a replaced with a frown as she shook her head.

"Not really. Like I said, I remember being a part of a military, but not much besides that... I think I'm better with lances than swords, but that could even just be the sense I got from fighting with them. I wish I could remember more. It feels like there's something important I'm forgetting and I just... Can't remember..."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 14, 2020, 04:22:37 pm »

"Unfortunate... I'm sure you'll remember everything soon enough. As far as I've been able to tell, the pace has varied. Perhaps it's a matter of the complexity of the memories? The simple things come first - our names, muscle memory, and so on-, and the more complicated later - the whole thing that was happening with Alec, for example, was a complex matter that took him longer to grasp."
Sigtext!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 14, 2020, 05:47:03 pm »

:"Hah... I suppose that we are all in similar boats, there. There are things that I'm not remembering which I'm finding fairly distressing... but, well, I suppose I'll end up remembering sooner or later. My name, by the way, just in case you've forgotten among all the chaos, is Alexander Jorinn. Sir Alexander Jorinn, I believe, but the details there elude me."

Alexander paused, and rapped the armored fingers of one hand against the other for a moment, a little awkwardly, before he proceeded.
:"So... I don't say this to lecture you," but it sure as hell seemed to come naturally, "but... when you go on the attack, you should be more careful about making sure you don't get attacked. I am aware that combat is a dangerous thing inherently, but, well, there's not much use in someone your age getting hurt so badly so often."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 14, 2020, 07:49:48 pm »

Iris, meanwhile, had taken Vahns suggestion seriously-after reloading herself on tomes and medicine, she had found herself traveling in the direction of the the temple of Centralis mighty kitchen. Or at least where she assumed it would be.

It had occurred to her that despite kidnapping them from their home dimensions, Friedhelm actually hadn't fed them anything like a decent meal. It was all fate of the multiverse this, tyrannical dimension tyrant hopping that! Not so much as a complimentary plate of biscuits!

And Iris felt oddly, ravenously hungry. It was something close to a feeling starvation, though she seemed physically fine...

"I wonder sort of foods they have here...they were prepared for a siege right?" She said to herself, stalking the halls like a hungry lioness.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:52:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 73