00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238964 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #735 on: March 16, 2020, 03:47:00 pm »

Ehh... if Alphira's taught us anything, it's that we don't call up our counterparts without a real good reason. I'd rather not bring VOID into this unless we have to.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 16, 2020, 03:49:32 pm »

It's always been pretty reasonable, however, and it supports cooperation.  Plus, Alphira is scared of it, so that's a plus as well.  If necessary, we could leverage an alliance with the VOID to overrule Alphira, though her most recent actions were certainly helpful.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:03:39 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 16, 2020, 04:04:51 pm »

Hm, you might have something there. How about this:

Understood, I’m sorry about that

+1

Look... I was scared back there of what you might do, but you really were magnificent today. You say you can make a god of us? I'm listening.

I̷̘͘'̷̡̳͌m̷͇̅ ̷̗̀l̴̛͚̾ị̶̼͝ś̵̮͖ṱ̷͐̋è̷̜n̸̬̿i̶̠̐̇n̴̩͈̊̏ġ̴̡ ̵̺̏̕ţ̵̄o̵̢̍͛ ̸̛̜̋b̸͕̿ō̴ͅt̸͈̖̍̉h̷̡͈͆̃ ̶̤̰͒o̷̭͂̀f̶̛̥̔ ̶͕̅̂y̸̝͙͗o̶̞̿ȗ̸͙.̶̡͇̒

Just, please... be careful of the life we've made for ourselves here. I need this.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 16, 2020, 04:10:35 pm »

To be honest, it is difficult for me to agree to that.  Asking Alphira to "make a god of us" could awaken her worst impulses, and we would need to be more than neutral with the VOID to form an alliance.

However, I'll think it over and return later to make a decision.  I don't want to delay the game unnecessarily.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:13:55 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 16, 2020, 04:15:13 pm »

I feel like we need to talk with every mind we have in us, I thought we had Alphira, the angel, the void, and us

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 16, 2020, 04:17:38 pm »

Some of the earliest posts do make reference to a yellow voice, while Alphira is orange, but I'm not sure if that is a substantive difference or just an accidental.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 16, 2020, 04:21:17 pm »

Some of the earliest posts do make reference to a yellow voice, while Alphira is orange, but I'm not sure if that is a substantive difference or just an accidental.
the white, ( thought was the angel, while the black, I thought was the void, then there is yellow, which I think is us, then there is orange, so we have 4 minds sharing a body.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 16, 2020, 04:22:34 pm »

Hmm, where is there white text?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 16, 2020, 04:26:11 pm »

To be honest, it is difficult for me to agree to that.  Asking Alphira to "make a god of us" could awaken her worst impulses, and we would need to be more than neutral with the VOID to form an alliance.

I'm open to gentler words, if you've words to offer. I'm trying to show Alphira we're not dismissing her out of hand, is all.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 16, 2020, 04:57:52 pm »

Thank you, how about these changes?

Hm, you might have something there. How about this:

Understood, I’m sorry about that

+1

Look... I was scared back there of what you might do, but you really were magnificent today. You say you can help us? I'm listening.

W̸̢̨̱̗̬̳͓̭̰̟͚̝̻̻̹͆͌̑̿́́̈͑͂̚ͅḫ̶̡̣͖́̿̅̓̈́͛̐̾̓͒͘͠a̸̖̅̇͑́̽͑̋̋̓̐̈̕̚͝͝t̸̢̛̛͙̭͈̟̞͚̦̜̫͍̺̖̓͌̊̏̈́͒͐̎̌͝͝ ̷̢͖͈̟̭̻̠̦͚̦̖̲̓͌̀̾͋͌̒͒̐͘̕͜ͅͅå̸̳͎͔͖̬̘̗̒̑̊̅͌̈́͌͛̄r̴̡̧͈͔͙̱̻̪̟̮͓̞̗̯͆̍͌́͗͊͒͆̇̒͂̓́́̀̌e̸̟̯̟̝̬̬͊̿̆̒͌͒̏̐̏͂̉͗͂̀ ̶̧̞͈͖̺͕̼͂́̄̀̄͌̑̍̔̚̕y̴̨̬̻͓̮͍͋̍͋̒͗̚ơ̶͚̟̼̰̬͍̘͔̣̱͍̖̪͔͌̃̈́̓̌͑̍̈͆̽̎̈̚u̷̲̜̥͖̞̰͎̱̖͉͌̒̐̽̎͒̉ͅͅr̷̪̯̤̓͆̽̉̽͗͐̈́̇̂̃̔͗̇̕͜͝ ̸̧̱̼̯̦̬̜̭̦̜̱̙̑̓̊̊͐̒͜t̴̡͚͈̖̭̱̙̣̩͍͍̟̟͇̘͉̝͌̅͑̉͛̏̋͊̋͝ḩ̵̡̜̘̤͙̣́̉́ǫ̵̡̛̰̱͓̤̝̏̏͌͒́̋̌͗̈̓ͅu̴̜͉̮͍̙͉̩̯̝̦̘̩͉͕̹̽̈́̊̆͐͊̑̒̐̕͝g̶̛̳͌̐̓̓͛͑̀͂̽͗́́̓̚͝h̵͍̙͚̗͉̬̋̓̑̽̉̐͊̀̆͑́͋̾̕͠ṱ̶̨̧̧̝̰̳͇͉̗͉̯͇̬̺̩̃̔͛̎͝s̴̛͔̀͆̂͐̅̾́̑̎̈́ ̵̩̣̫͔̈͜ơ̷͍̳͔̬̟̻̐n̸͕̬̟̲̙̘̳̓͒͐̍̅͑̑̿͌͌ ̴̻̬̮̭̮̰̤͔͙̳͔͈̽̆̉̊̎̂̐̅͂̍͜ͅt̵̢̧̨̧̛̺̠̗̰̟̲̤̤͈̤̱͖͠͠ͅh̴̨̯̞̦̝̤̘͕͔̬̭͖̮̆͜ͅe̷͉̬̳̜̘͎̪̲̘͚̰͕̮̜̤̭̪̅́̓͛̂͆̽̀͌͛̂́̿͘͠ ̵̠͍͍̪̗̙̠̙̳͓̼̰̺̮͇͎́̆͌̂͑̈́̄͊̎͜͠m̴̱̓̅̆̄̌͐͌̕̚á̶̢̡̬̭͖̙́͑͒̐̐͘̕͝͝͝͝t̶̗̜̃͂́̀͊̐̀̏̒́̕ͅt̵̡̡̗͚̼̱̜̬͗̈́͌̿̃̀̿́̊̈͌̆͘̚͠ͅȩ̷̖̖͈̬̙̯̰̟͖̲̩̔̓̉̆̕͝ȑ̷̨̧̯͚͚͖̪͍̤̣͕͚̞̫̹͍̝̑̀͐̀̃?̶̰̫̗͔̳̤͈͉̭̾̆̐̉̑̃͠.̶̡͇̒

Just, please... be careful of the life we've made for ourselves here. I need this.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 16, 2020, 04:58:44 pm »

[20]Death is not the worse thing that can happen to a person. Whether that's an agreement or another confrontation is hard to determine, You still have much to learn. Do you need to go on that pilgrimage now or can you buckle down and actually practice instead of goofing off?

I can't teach you everything I could do. Its... it's all so vague...VOID had to Overload our processing just to save us during the fall, and that's damage that cannot be repaired easily.

But I can remember this; our primary vector is energy and hydrogen manipulation.

You've reached a point where you're sweating, and your lungs are burning for oxygen, so you push yourself further, continuing to sprint around the track. You try to question the VOID, but all you get in return is a brief ache in your head. A thought dawns on you, and you reach out to try and connect with McCreary.

[14]You sit amongst the sand and the salt, feeling the hot winds blowing your hair. Your tan skin drips with perspiration, but you live. You're people call you a miracle for being able to weather the noon-day sun. You rule here without needing to rule. But the knowledge that there are other worlds out there is an ember in your brain. It keeps you from being satisfied with this life. Inaction breeds weakness, or so the elders say, so you lift a handful of sand and close your eyes...

When you come to, you're sitting cross-legged on the floor of the training room, with a sculpture of tile flooring curling into the air in front of you. It flows an ebbs with abstracts, a shifting construct retaining the same color and density of the track.

[7] You wipe away a drop of blood from your nose and contemplate the art until the head-ache fades to an acceptable level. Its a replica of what you saw McCreary make. You don't know how to do it without accessing McCreary's memory, but you think you could keep practicing and eventually get the hang of it.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:07:45 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 16, 2020, 05:04:46 pm »

Keep practicing, but stop if we develop a worse headache.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 16, 2020, 05:12:48 pm »

Thank you.

Keep practicing, but stop if we develop a worse headache.

+1

Go try and get some sleep once we're done. We may not need much, but it is the middle of the night out here!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:19:42 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 16, 2020, 05:31:16 pm »

[7]It doesn't come, no matter how hard you try. You focus on the sculpture, on the ground, trying to imagine what makes it up. But there's nothing to help you, nothing that you can get a grip on. You put your hand on the sculpture, trying to focus willpower into changing it, but nothing happens.

[9]You try for a while, and only succeed in making a part of the sculpture crack.

[1] The headache you thought you could ignore suddenly roars with a vengeance. You collapse. The world spins, and you pass out.

[17]A guard is gently shaking you awake. When you stumble to rise, he offers his hand to lift you up, which you gratefully take. His uncovered eyes drift over to the sculpture, interested in your impromptu art. "Did you make that, Angel Alphira?" He asks, curious, as you steady yourself on him. When you nod an affirmative, "Its quite beautiful. Its...its amazing what you can do."

[18]"Ah, I apologize. I'm Captain Zachery McKinney." He pulls down his mesh, dipping his head in a polite bow. "I'm the captain of your personal guard, and I look forward to serving you...in the Great Work." He emphasizes that last phrase, his eyes bright in the dull light of the training room. "Do you need medical assistance, Angel Alphira? Its a concern for a guard when they find their subject passed out."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:32:56 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 16, 2020, 05:43:49 pm »

I was just testing something. Never mind. Some food would do me well.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 381