00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240410 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #810 on: March 18, 2020, 05:50:47 pm »

I don't feel great about this, to be honest.

Yeahhh.

"Let's make one thing clear, Silas: that woman is not to be permanently harmed, and she is to be released for her service here when this procedure of yours is through. I will pay extra to ensure this, if need be."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:58:00 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 18, 2020, 05:51:45 pm »

I don't feel great about this, to be honest.

Yeahhh.

"Let's make one thing clear, Silas: that woman is not to be permanently harmed, and she is to be released when this procedure of yours is through. I will pay extra to ensure this, if need be."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 18, 2020, 06:04:38 pm »

"She will be permanently harmed, unfortunately, but she will be released after the baseline is established. As will the other's that I have requisitioned. She agreed to this, knowing full well her life would be at risk. The price of freedom. A month of pain against half a lifetime of servitude."

"That's a tranquilizer commonly used for surgery, and the other is a bottle of ethanol. I will measure your resistance to chemical intoxication with both, but the bottle is for tommorow."

"Today, and for the next week, I will be performing the same operation on you both and many others like her; infection resistance, and how much your body rejects foreign bodies. If I had more time than two and a half months to get you ready, I could be more careful and methodical. Introduce an infection that we can easily cure, use a less dangerous procedure...so on. Of course, I could prevent that just by jamming as much as I can into you and hoping it sticks, but I'm told I can't break you, or I will be shot."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:16:42 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 18, 2020, 06:20:39 pm »

"Correct.  What is the nature of the permanent damage?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 18, 2020, 06:23:05 pm »

I'm tempted to tell this guy to just start trying implants on us without the guinea pig-- but slow. I imagine there's certain augmentations our body could straight-up reject if need be.

For that matter, what sort of augmentations are we going for right now? I'm not really sure what we're trying to accomplish here.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 18, 2020, 06:26:24 pm »

Commence the experiment
They know what they were getting into. We need to know. He was sent to do the experiments. Let’s do it

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 18, 2020, 06:26:46 pm »

Things like protective but flexible plates placed to protect vital organs, strengthening or replacement of certain bones, that sort of thing.

I'm probably going ro regret this, but...

Commence the experiment
They know what they were getting into. We need to know. He was sent to do the experiments. Let’s do it
+1
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:28:20 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 18, 2020, 07:33:28 pm »

"Wonderful." Silas gestures the young woman to the operating table. She hops up without a word, undoing her jumpsuit quietly to reveal her thin arms and figure. "So, did you know that you weigh less than most women of your age, despite your musculature? If I wasn't looking at you, I would say that your height to weight ratio is incredibly unhealthy, but you currently show no signs of starvation."

He washes his hands in steaming hot water, slowly applying some surgical garb. He approaches the young woman, picking up the uncovered syringe as he does so. With a slow draw, he puts less than a quarter of the liquid into her arm. With a scribbled note, he picks up the scalpel. He shakes her, gently, then roughly, satisfied with the lack of response, noting that down as well. With smooth, careful movements, he ties a tube around her arm after checking her pulse. He takes a sealed package from somewhere beside him, cuts it open, and then slices a sharp gash across her arm. Blood still trickles out on to the operating table, but he's quick, pulling the stainless steel fin-shaped object from the package and neatly pressing it into the incision.

With deft hands and nimble fingers, he stitches the wound shut and applies a dressing to it, threading through spokes on the object.
He observes his work before carefully removing his gloves. "Some help, please, either of you. I need her out of the way."

You rise, taking hold of her legs and settling her limp, unresponsive form on a nearby bed. He gently covers all but her arm with a blanket and then turns, cleaning off the operating table with a foul-smelling chemical, washing away the faint traces of blood. Then he undresses his surgical garb, throwing his dirty clothes into a trash bag nearby.

"You next, Lady Alphira. Hop up."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 07:35:19 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 18, 2020, 07:39:08 pm »

Do as he says, get on the bed

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 18, 2020, 08:04:47 pm »

Without a second thought, you lift yourself on to the operating table, settling in. Silas carefully washes, donning his surgical outfit in much the same way as before, returning to your side. With practiced movements, he pushes the syringe's needle into your arm, making a note as he dispenses the same amount of fluid as he did with the other girl.

You wait a few moments, but nothing happens. With a nod, he depresses more of the liquid into you. Your consciousness begins to fade. Then he does it once more with a satisfied smile curling his lips beneath the mask. You drift off.

When you awaken, there's a blinding pain in your arm that's quickly shut off. You also have one of those weird spoke-fins jutting out of your forearm. Silas is at his desk nearby, hunched over a strange device. Emma is asleep in a chair near you. He looks surprised by you sitting up. "Ah, Lady Alphira, you're awake earlier than expected." He takes note in his scratch-pad.

The other girl, you notice, is still unconscious, her arm propped up and out of harm's way. "You are a very interesting organism, Alphira! I broke my needle trying to get a bone marrow sample, and your blood...well your blood is very, very aggressive to foreign pathogens. You don't even have white blood cells-- yours are black and very, very volatile. They die rapidly once they're removed from your system, though, even when preserving agents are applied."

"Now tell me, do you feel any pain?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 18, 2020, 08:17:57 pm »

”I did in my arm for a moment when I woke up, but it shut off very shortly after, so I don’t feel pain now, except for the headache I still have”

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 18, 2020, 09:08:18 pm »

However, I feel...itchy..
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 18, 2020, 10:58:09 pm »

"Does that happen often-- the pain going away that quickly?" Silas asks, then explains further, "The itchiness is normal, you have a chunk of metal sticking out of your arm to see if it gets infected. If it didn't itch at least a little bit, I'd be concerned I'm too good at this. Let me know if there's redness, swelling, inflammation or you feel weak and unable to move. I probably won't be able to do much for you, but its good to know."

"Now, you might want to leave before the debt-slave wakes up. I'm going to have to keep her on pain medicine for a while."

Nodding, you adjust the bandage wrapped around your new...implant, and wake up Emma, so you can leave. The two of you sleep separately, and you collapse into your comfortable bed for a night of rest.

[20] You sit in a classroom, listening to the teacher talk. Something boring about physics, about entropy, as if any of that matters. The class is, as always, respectful, silent, and...nearly empty. But you drift, staring out into inky blackness. Outside the window, a grey ball turns around a fading red star...

"Alphira, could you--"

"We're dead anyway. Why does any of this matter?!" The teacher stares at you in silence, then calls on another student.

You awaken, rubbing at your arm, which, you note, has healed around the injury fairly quickly, the surgical wound already scabbing over. You rise and get dressed, sitting on your bed and trying to figure out your day. You could probably sneak out before Emma comes to wake you up and get more training in, or you could wait and talk to her about what needs to be done.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 18, 2020, 11:10:16 pm »

attempt to train matter manipulation, this time get a liquid and try messing with that, similar to how we messed with metsl

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 19, 2020, 12:03:00 am »

attempt to train matter manipulation, this time get a liquid and try messing with that, similar to how we messed with metsl
+1

In addition, if not completely spent by that test, attempt to create a self-propelling bolt of fire.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:27:54 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 381