00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240339 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #915 on: March 20, 2020, 06:05:34 pm »

[Please eat before fitting, for optimum nutrient control.]

You rise, shakily, to your feet, and the guards all take a collective step back. The other guard returns with...many containers of food, and you hesitate, before laying into them with an incredible hunger. By the fifth one, you feel full.

[Apply all armor pieces, please.]

With shaky fingers, you reach out, only to realize one of the gloves is going to be difficult to wear over the implant, and several pieces are going to be hard to pull on by yourself.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 20, 2020, 06:06:59 pm »

"Can you please help me put on this armor?"  Force the glove to fit.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 20, 2020, 06:10:16 pm »

Let's not be forcing stuff over the metal lodged in our skin.

[...Later. First, is there anything you can do for my broken arm?]
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 20, 2020, 06:20:52 pm »

Hmm.  How about:

[I will, if you can do something about my broken arm first.]  Assuming it does something, equip the armor in full other than the glove, getting help if necessary.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 20, 2020, 06:22:43 pm »

[I will, if you can do something about my broken arm first.]

Ehh...

+1 to this bit. I'd rather not plunge into equipping the spiky vampire armor until I've seen a little more of its actions towards us-- it could potentially do a lot more than impale our fingers, after all, and I dunno how it's gonna react when it realizes we aren't McCreary.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:26:19 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 20, 2020, 06:27:15 pm »

We are McCreary, though, among others.  That's why the override was successful, I think.  I don't think Lucille would hurt its "darling."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 20, 2020, 06:28:03 pm »

Maybe. Still paranoid.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 20, 2020, 06:32:06 pm »

[18] Pain suddenly burns through your arms, and you almost scream, instead digging your fingers of your free hand into your palm to try and prevent that. Your bone pops into place uncomfortably, pulled together by your own muscles twitching beneath your jacket. They too mend-- and you move your fingers. Your hand is still numb, and there are dark, dark bruises at your elbow and where you grasped your arm. On your other arm, your body begins to reject the metal within your flesh, fresh blood pooling as the wound re-opens and shuts, working out the stainless steel until it clatters to the ground with a fresh offering of blood. You expect to feel dizzy, or have a more painful headache, but there is none.

[Power fluctuation modified, arithmetic supplemented, healing complete: Dislocated Elbow, deep tissue damage repaired, nerves responsible for pain still damaged, fine motor control damaged, and removal of foreign body completed. Recommend further healing before combat. Brain damage detected: Logic Processors, Identity Core, repairs in progress...estimated time to completion ----]

[Calculation error. Self-repair impossible. Please contact a technician for assistance.]

Emma emerges, and you briefly expect her to be shocked, or outraged, or angry, instead, she heaves an exasperated sigh and pulls you tight in a comforting hug.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 20, 2020, 06:34:57 pm »

"...I wish I wouldn't keep worrying you this way"

"I'll be alright"

---

"I'll be alright. This armor is horrible, but it's... amazing. I just need to get it to refit itself..."
Start donning the other pieces. "Help me out with this?"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:45:33 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 20, 2020, 06:35:49 pm »

Well, I guess we aren't doing implants.  Stupid stuff like interfacing fully with the armor and getting it fitted to our body, and allowing us to heal at will more reliably?  There's no permanent damage, and we've gained a useful tool, so I don't see the problem.  We didn't even so much as break a glass case this time.

"Hey... I'm alright now.  This armor healed me.  Can you help me put it on?  It should fit itself to my body."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:38:30 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 20, 2020, 06:43:51 pm »

Yeah, was editing on the fly. Done now.  ::)

I'll change the wording, if you like. Maybe not stupid, but still worth addressing-- every time Emma turns around, we get ourself mangled or set something on fire or what have you! There's a reason she's been listed as "Exhausted" all this time...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:50:08 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 20, 2020, 06:53:23 pm »

Well, I guess we aren't doing implants.  Stupid stuff like interfacing fully with the armor and getting it fitted to our body, and allowing us to heal at will more reliably?  There's no permanent damage, and we've gained a useful tool, so I don't see the problem.  We didn't even so much as break a glass case this time.

"Hey... I'm alright now.  This armor healed me.  Can you help me put it on?  It should fit itself to my body."
+1 do we tell Emma the armor is named Lucile?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 20, 2020, 06:55:20 pm »

Nah. No need to sound even crazier.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 20, 2020, 07:09:43 pm »

"I've...accepted it. You don't learn if you don't try...I guess. And at least you're responsive, this time." Emma wears a small smile, and nods, taking another piece of the armor off the rack. Zachary moves forward to help out, while McFee sits and stares, shaking her head. She looks traumatized but doesn't protest, simply leaving the room.

It takes a little while, and the armor is incredibly uncomfortable, especially around your chest region. In others it hangs loosely. When you put the helmet on, your vision blurs-- but no face covering slides down.

Your vision stretches oddly, and a small map of the room appears. When you look around, you notice that overlaid over everyone is a small pulse of energy. Zachary's and Emma's energy pulses quickly, as do most of the guards-- and the guards, they have a faint shimmering light highlighting the pulse of their las-rifles and pistols-- all a bright green. You can barely discern features through the information haze.

[Commencing refit, please stand by.]

The armor begins to creak, shifting slightly around, tightening closer to you in places and loosening in others, until it feels...comfortable. You can tell there are many of the same, impossibly sharp needles stuck into your body, through your clothes, but you do not feel pain from them. The revulsion you feel wearing it deepens, however, as your connection to it grows.

[Mark Fifteen armor refit completed. Are you comfortable?]

Despite the turning of your stomach every time it speaks, you are. The armor is perfectly balanced across your frame, no part too heavy or too light. Zachary watches in awe, and slowly lowers himself to a knee in front of you, despite how odd you might look with your dull-grey, blood-stained uniform beneath the panoply. The rest of the guards, even the one who hesitated while following orders, slowly do the same. "What more proof is needed that you truly are McCreary's heir?" He says, softly, his voice directed more towards his troops than you, a barb of a reproach hidden within his words. Some look ashamed, some look defiant, and others look at you with a fanatic's eyes, lost in the moment.

[1] Emma doesn't kneel, looking confused all for a brief second, then, with a glance to Zachary, she plays her part, quoting a scripture, "Doubt is the way to true Belief, Brother Zachary. Faith untested is no faith at all." Her words erode any doubt that might be lingering about your supposed divinity to these guards. With two sentences, Emma delivers both of you from your fears and gives you new ones. A sickness rises up inside of you that has nothing at all to do with the armor.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:30:52 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 20, 2020, 07:16:47 pm »

Yikes.  If we want these people to forsake their god, though, we must play the part.  I'm trying to think of something...
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 381