00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240249 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #930 on: March 20, 2020, 07:19:17 pm »

Aww man that's new. I have ideas. Gimme a sec.

...So. We need to prove our worth to this lot... without making a fanatic of Emma, 'cos that'd be depressing.
Also also, I suspect the faction of Empyreals this armor was made for is responsible for some horrible stuff, and Alphira knows it? Or something? So we'll have to deal with that too.

This armor's amazing, but I suspect it's also evil-- it could very well save our life, but we may wind up pledging ourself to something nasty in the process. We can decide later whether we want to continue using it... for now, we need time. Time to think, time to consult with Alphira-- time to ensure Emma doesn't become something we regret.

"You desire a champion, my friends? One to purge this planet in humanity's name? This you shall recieve."
[Disengage, please. Thank you for your service-- I'll see to you at a later time.]
"But first... I must rest, and have words in private with my adjutant. Help me remove this equipment of McCreary's, if you would."

Doff the armor, find somewhere out of earshot-- ensure we're not followed.

"I'm not a god, Emma. Never a god. Please... don't ever forget that."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:04:50 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 20, 2020, 08:04:49 pm »

I see nothing to indicate that it's "evil."  The discomfort is due to us not entirely being McCreary.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2020, 08:05:34 pm »

Huh, is that what that is? Makes sense I guess.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2020, 08:14:02 pm »

...So. We need to prove our worth to this lot... without making a fanatic of Emma, 'cos that'd be depressing.
Also also, I suspect the faction of Empyreals this armor was made for is responsible for some horrible stuff, and Alphira knows it? Or something? So we'll have to deal with that too.

This armor's amazing, but I suspect it's also evil-- it could very well save our life, but we may wind up pledging ourself to something nasty in the process. We can decide later whether we want to continue using it... for now, we need time. Time to think, time to consult with Alphira-- time to ensure Emma doesn't become something we regret.

"You desire a champion, my friends? One to purge this planet in humanity's name? This you shall recieve."
[Disengage, please. Thank you for your service-- I'll see to you at a later time.]
"But first... I must rest, and have words in private with my adjutant. Help me remove this equipment of McCreary's, if you would."

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2020, 08:24:53 pm »

+1
+1 I doubt the armor is evil, Lucile is just new to us, as we are to her

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 20, 2020, 08:54:01 pm »

[15] "Hail Alphira, our Lady of Fire!" Zachary calls out after you speak, and the guards, even the ones with defiance in their eyes, take up your call. As you turn away to adjust your armor, Zachary dismisses them with a sharp word, and they quickly file out. When they're gone, he moves forward to assist in removing your armor. It doesn't budge-- until you order it to disengage.

[Goodnight Sadil, My Dearest.] You shudder but say nothing in return. And slowly, the pieces can be removed and set back upon the rack. Zachary is triumphant, smiling wide as he dips you a bow. "Dismissed." You order, and he leaves you and Emma alone with the armor. You don't take off the helmet, the effect slowly winding down, but there is no one nearby besides you-- you notice you can even see Zachary walking away through the wall if you apply your focus.

[15] "I'm not a god, Emma. Never a god. Please... don't ever forget that." Emma raises a brow, then giggles

"A god wouldn't snore--- and there are worst things for me to date. Don't forget, I spoon-fed you. So that makes me...what, a minder of a God? A god's god? There are far worst things for me to love..and head priestess of the great and powerful Alphira, Lady of Fire doesn't sound too bad.." She murmurs, giving you a brief kiss as she jokes. Emma continues to talk, sounding apologetic, "I...I should have asked you, but this is ... what I was trained for, since I was a child. Politics. Manipulation. Controlling others. William was supposed to play the soldier, and I play the negotiator...it was a golden moment, to make sure we don't wake up with a las-gun lens in our faces."

The two of you leave the workshop, and you catch yourself giving the armor a backward glance.

[5 vs 15]Perhaps I should have it moved into my room, to keep it safe? SEED could try to sabotage it...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:04:37 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 20, 2020, 08:57:16 pm »

Nope.  Resist addiction.  Rest.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:38:09 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 20, 2020, 09:16:08 pm »

Take Lucille to our room, rest, think about why we were called Sadil as we drift to sleep, maybe thinking about it as we drift off can cause dreams associated with Sadil

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 20, 2020, 09:37:56 pm »

Take Lucille to our room, rest, think about why we were called Sadil as we drift to sleep, maybe thinking about it as we drift off can cause dreams associated with Sadil

Dangerous... but +1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2020, 09:40:41 pm »

Dangerous... but +1
dangerous how? Lucile healed us, remember? If she was an enemy she could have just kept us unconscious and took control of our body via her needles. She didn’t do that. So I’m thinking she’s a friend, not a foe.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 20, 2020, 09:42:02 pm »

I agree that she isn't an enemy, but note that we failed that roll and then came to the conclusion that we should move the suit closer to us.  Also note that McCreary appeared to be addicted to the suit in the memory we relived.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 20, 2020, 09:43:34 pm »

I agree that she isn't an enemy, but note that we failed that roll and then came to the conclusion that we should move the suit closer to us.  Also note that McCreary appeared to be addicted to the suit in the memory we relived.
even if the roll succeeded, my thoughts still remain

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2020, 10:17:13 pm »

You stop by a guard, who bows at the hip, and order him to bring the stand up to your room for safekeeping. He dips his head in a nod and leaves, probably to find someone to help him wheel the thing up to you. Emma looks at you curiously, so you explain yourself, and she nods. "I'll let the Armorer know it's been moved so that she can finish your under-gear."

At your door, Emma gives you a parting kiss, "I'll go cancel the tutoring with Brother Hop. You look like shit and need to sleep."

"Thanks, Emma. Always can count on you for the truth." She giggles, and gives you another kiss, turning to head down the hall. She nods as she passes the two guards wheeling the armor up, and you let them in. They park it in an unoccupied corner of the room, and you grin as you realize it adds some character to the otherwise spartan abode.

You lay down, stretching out with a yawn, pondering the day's events. Sadil must have been McCreary's real name, or a pet name he wanted to be called. Maybe his first name?

[15] You don't dream tonight, only stirring when Emma enters the room and falls into bed with you, cuddling up close to you beneath the blanket.

[-] You awaken roughly six hours later, fully rested. Emma has a sheet of paper beside your desk, a letter addressed to you, informing you that William will be at a Thornton Property within the Suburbs of the Holy City to meet with you at noon.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:01:54 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2020, 10:20:53 pm »

Eat breakfast a midnight snack.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:25:46 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile