00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240258 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good grief.

Healing Surge. Reject the armor by force.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your wounds begin to fade, your other hand pulling the glove off. But-- Emma is shaking you, concerned, even as tentacles rip into her flesh, blood pouring from her wounds-- even as she tries to impale you. You choke out a painful scream, your heart twitching and pulsing weakly as you cough more and more blood from the punctured lung.

[20] She tumbles away from you when you push her over the edge of the bed, feeling the dagger rip itself from your chest to follow her down.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:55:11 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get a hold of yourself.  Reject these hallucinations.  Focus on the pain.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Get a hold of yourself.  Reject these hallucinations.  Focus on the pain.

+1

P̵r̷o̶t̷e̸c̶t̸ ̴m̷e̸
P̵͉̲͔̔̓r̴̥̐̈́̾e̴͖͔̳̔̒̀s̴̜͉̝̎̌̈́̿͜e̴̟̟̟̭̽͜ř̵͍̮̥̫v̷͎̭͈̓͝e̷̢̙͙͝ ̵̛͔̗̩͛m̵͕̭̀̀e̶̡̢̹̙͒̕

Healing Surge.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damnit. I was hoping you'd use inferno!

I̧҉͏̫̘͉͍͇̰̭'̣̯͇̻͘l̡̥̫͕̗̘͕̗̹̮l͈͔̲͢ ̙̞͖̱̙͇͍͇͚s̛̗̲̳e̹͉͍̻̬͕͍͙̙͞e̵͙̺̙̖̝̖͜ ҉̰̜̱̻̕y̶̸̟͈̖͖̹̗o̦̺̻̘̫͍̩͎u҉̖̲̟̕͝ ̧̛̞͇̰̝̘͍͘à͚̥̥͜ǵ̣͚̭͈̪́͞a̛͉̖͔̦̘̮͜i̸̡̲͉n̗̙̣̣̫͔̥͈ͅ.͇̪̳͘

[15] Emma stands beside the bed, clutching a sheet to her, staring at you with wide eyes. You're intact, with no wounds, no injures, certainly no blade in your chest. Your heart is beating hard, breath coming in gulps, despite the lack of a need. Your knuckles are white as you clutch the sheet of your bed tightly. Your stomach aches with hunger, and your body aches oddly. Not a bad ache, but one that makes you feel more alive than ever. You shiver in the night, nothing to do with the temperature.

"Ph-Pheobe?" Emma stutters, settling a distance away from you, back on the bed. "Are you okay now?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:22:43 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1430 on: March 31, 2020, 10:23:31 pm »

Yeah, that would absolutely have been a disaster.

"Emma, I'm so sorry.  What... what happened?  The last thing I remember is putting on my armor."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was hoping you'd use inferno!

Wot, so we'd incinerate our one friend in the world? Not happening.

"Think so-- think so-- I-- I--"
This was terrifying. Take a moment.

"Emma, I'm so sorry.  What... what happened?  The last thing I remember is putting on my armor."

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 31, 2020, 10:40:08 pm »

That was my hope. Shame.

[17] "We..." Emma states, letting the tension release from her shaking form. It takes her just a little to regain control of her emotions, but she does. "I came and got you from the medical bay. You passed out in McFee's workshop. You had the glove on. But you were fine! Awkward, and cute and...we bought clothes for tomorrow-- today. We had dinner. We had...dessert. Then you were thrashing and twitching in your sleep. Then you started screaming. You pushed me off the bed..." She gives you a slightly hurt look at that, but it's gone in an instant, replaced by concern, by care. She focuses on you, leaning over to wrap her arms around you.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She, like so many things she does, understates beautifully.

...Mother--the VOID told me to keep it a secret from you. I-I- didn't know...

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 31, 2020, 10:44:27 pm »

Phoebe, we need to have a talk.  We can't help you if you lie to us.

"The worst nightmare I have ever had.  Someone was stabbing me to death."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 31, 2020, 10:48:56 pm »

Phoebe, we need to have a talk.  We can't help you if you lie to us.

"The worst nightmare I have ever had.  Someone was stabbing me to death."
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 31, 2020, 11:16:39 pm »

"...oh." Emma briefly looks disappointed but continues to cuddle up against you, letting you have your silence while providing comfort. Or maybe she's trying to fall back asleep. It doesn't matter, she's there, holding you close.

[1] S̷̼̯̤̭o̥ t̸̰̪̺͈̺͖̞h̭͖̗̺̝̰͘a̤̮͈t͝ ̶y̵̙̺̦͍̙͚ͅò̟̙u ̘͇̺̟̟̜̺͟c͝a̴̯͎̱͕͉̞n͟ ͎͇̠͔̹̣p̸a͕͖̼͠ṋ̛̙̪̳i̙̳͔̮̺̬c̥̩͉͔͇͖̻?̬̲̗̟
T͖͇̥h̥͓̩̺̯͖͡ḙ̠̤ ̵̯͖̺I͚͕͇͇͓̹n͈f̻̫͇̯͚e̻̹͍c̸̯t̪͙̭͉͔̹i̬͇̝͇̤̕o̦̝̯͍̫ǹ̫̻̦̦͙̱ ͔̹̖̗̙i͈͈̙͕s̻̲̝̥ ͕̱͈̣b̨̘̩͉e̼̪i̧̠͚̙̟̮͚̭n̘̞͕̰͉̙g̠̮͉͕͓ ͇̻͕̘͕̞̤̀pu̟̤̘͍r̨͚̝͍̗̰̹ͅg̴̙è̩̮d̴ ̭͘f͖̯̰̥̥ͅr̛̳͎̯̱o͉̪͎͈ͅm ̼̩̳̦͇ţ̲͓̪̘h̖̪̜̮͢ͅe҉̝̱͕̥̮̬ d̘̭͝e̠̟̠s͔̙̯͉̰͍i̟̱̥̠͡ͅg̩͍̤̖͚̫ǹ͓̘̺ͅa̵t̟̗i҉o͟ṉ̪́ ͍͎̙̳͚̼̠͡[̴͕̮͕̲Al҉p̦h̛͚͙̮̣i̟͞r̛͎̙̪͍a̰͎̠̗̲̺͎]̵̰'̮̦s̥̬̬͙̮ ͉̣̣͕t̨̝ ̯̦̀P͈̼̙̀e̤r̙̻̠̪s̼o͉̻̙n̙̖͙̼͙a͔̙̜̺̬̲l̰̙͡i̠̘͍̩̜͍̦͝t̠͇͓͎̮ͅy̡͕̰̦͎̫ ̳̥̮͚̜͈̥C̥͔̀o̥̗̰r̡͉̥̫̜e̡̜̞ͅ.
Ý̮̰̗͔̪ó̦̪u̧͔̭ l͎̟̥͓͎͍a̞͕̱̞̼c̛̤̞̭̠ḵ̡̮ ̼̞̙͉͇͔͙t̲̱̯̖r̗̣̹͔̬͉͠u̜̘̕s̱̮͙̀t̵͎͕̩ ̩̬̳in ̥̭̠̣͉ͅm̳e̳̝ͅ.͜

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 31, 2020, 11:22:18 pm »

"thank you"

I don't know you. You say I'm your-- mother?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 31, 2020, 11:28:05 pm »

Apparently, you lack trust in us.  Withholding information will cause panic, not prevent it.  Emma could have died.

((The italics voice is Phoebe and the Zalgo text is the VOID.  "Mother" is a common term in this setting.  Remember that many characters called Phoebe "Mother" during her training.))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 31, 2020, 11:29:50 pm »

B̙͠i̥o͏̦͕͖̹̗̥ͅl̷͙͔͈o̴͈g̫͘íc̜̻̝͉a̹̺̖̳͎͚̟͞l̹̝̣̀l̤͕̞͉̪̹y͙̙̜̦,̭̗̀ ̳̠f̵͉̫̙̘a̭l̴̺̜͖̩̦͚̦s͈͕͉̻e.̩̬
̴̝̙D̥͖̯̙͎̥e̢͎͉̗͍̜ṣ̡̠̹ig̨̰n̙̯̖͠a͏t̸͇̘̙̗̞̖̗i̥͝o̝̦̪͖̞͟n ̳͇̬̞͙͓'̬̬̺̖ͅP̸͕͎a̪͔͉̠t͎̪̮̬̹̯̮̀c͏̮̝̠̬͔̟̖h̛̰̖e̶s̵̩͖̹'̹̭̤̜,̹̩̖͈͖ͅ ͔̫̪̮̙͟i̬̰͈̤s̛͔ ̛̬̼͇m͓y͍̲̙̪͇̠͟ c̠̞̭̣̭r̯̰ͅe̶̙̱a̱̣͖̩ͅt̢̺̘͉͎̳͚̤i̞̬̫͡o͍̙̜͖̲ͅn̴̦̳̜͓̱.̗̥̻͖ M̺̼̣͡y̛̯͇̗̥̺̫ ̱'͏͍͇͙̝̝̟̻d̺̰a̡u̥̖̦̟̻͢g̷̝h͚t͏͎͙ȩr̝̣̼͔̪̥'̞̤̗̤̯̀.̲̬͍͓̙͝ A̠̝ ̛͖̝̰f̦͓̻̰i͕̟x̧̺͔̗̟e̛̖̪d͎͓͚͡ ̢̲̩͇͓͈͖p̩o҉͖͕̮̘i̫̗̗n͜ț̻̹̳̼̬͖ ͕̩f̦̟͓͎͠o̖r҉͍̭̼̥ ̮̙̰͕̼͍͈h͎e̼r͔͍̙ ͚̪̰̝̮e̼̥͚ͅx̰̫̞̲̥̗ͅi͙͖̠̻̟ͅs͕̭͍̠̩̥͇͘t̲͜e̴̖̙nc̹e̶̺̪̭͕͕̼̰.̠̤̣͕̲͔͜
Y҉̦̠͙o̘̭u̳͉͖͔̘͉̞ ̜͉̯̠̣ͅa̧̘͍̬̹͔r̮̻̪̯ḛ ͇̻͚̣̲f̼̞̝̙ͅr̬̝͚̞a̭͉̦̰͖̼ģ͉͖̝̮m̖̺̖̹̜͚͟ͅe̦̯̩̬̼̤ṇ̴̹̺͎̗̹t̬̩̞̯͇͍ͅs̛̮ͅ ͚̣o̞̙̜̹͙ͅf̜̥ t̹͉̠͉̳h̶o̙̟̠̗s̘̘͉͚̺e͚͉̖ ̗̳̖̮b̰̕ef̳͖̗͕͙̲͟o͙̳͕̭̤̭r̭̖͙e̮̠̠̟,͍ ͚͇̞̖̮ͅr̛̥̻͓͇̣ęt̩á̮̭i̺̬̦n͇͎͉͔͇̳̜e͇͈̮ͅd ̘͘b̹̗̱y̵̦̦ ͇͇̜͇̼ṃ̖̻͓̫̥̳͘e̸͔̱̪̬͖ ͏̮̫̘͓̙f̢̰̱̙̬̟o҉͉̖͚̼r ͖̺ͅf̷ų͍̤̱t̲͙̪̳̕u͙͕̜̰͖̬͖͠r͉͍͟e̛͉ ̭̣u̮̞̟͎s̜̗̼̯̳ͅe̛̮̲͚͍͎̣.̦̲͡

You're uncomfortable with such frank words and shift a little closer to the warmth of Emma. To your refute, she says nothing, leaving you in silence. Eventually, Emma falls back asleep, but you do not, instead sitting awake in bed.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 31, 2020, 11:39:23 pm »

H̴o̶w̶ ̶c̴a̴n̶ ̴m̸u̴l̸t̵i̵p̶l̸e̵ ̵p̴e̷r̶s̷o̶n̶a̸l̵i̵t̷i̴e̴s̶ ̸c̵o̵-̸e̶x̸i̷s̷t̶ ̵i̷f̶ ̸w̵e̶ ̸h̵i̸d̴e̶ ̸t̵h̴i̶n̵g̷s̴ ̵f̴r̵o̸m̸ ̵o̸n̵e̵ ̷a̶n̴o̷t̸h̶e̷r̷?̵ ̸ ̶I̴f̵ ̴y̵o̸u̴ ̶w̷a̸n̵t̸ ̴c̶o̵o̶p̵e̸r̸a̶t̴i̷o̸n̵,̷ ̷w̷h̵a̸t̶'̶s̶ ̴b̷e̵s̷t̸ ̵f̵o̴r̶ ̸P̴a̸t̷c̸h̴e̶s̸,̸ ̴y̸o̸u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̷l̶ ̸n̶e̸e̴d̸ ̸t̸o̸ ̴b̸e̶ ̵m̸o̸r̸e̸ ̶t̶r̷a̸n̶s̶p̷a̸r̴e̸n̷t̷.̸
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 381