00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240371 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1710 on: April 05, 2020, 02:07:19 pm »

In a way yes. Don’t worry, our minds are still our own”

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 05, 2020, 02:16:06 pm »

"Same blood. Different souls." Smile faint. "You'll always be you, and that's as should be. That's as should be."

"I've been in a coma again... how much have I missed this time?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 05, 2020, 03:27:48 pm »

"Twenty one days. Silas found out why, too-- your body basically sends out all of those black cells it has available. So your body, he said it was a defensive measure, enters into a dormant state." Emma shrugs, "I didn't understand the babble behind it that clearly."

"A lot has happened. I don't even know where to begin." Emma rises, sitting across from you on another of the bed. "William is the head of the family now, as expected. A few of our men broke away, because they thought he was dishonorable in dealing with Father." She rolls her eyes, "But, William and co. mopped that up."

"We've got sixty war machines ready for combat-- at your word." She finishes, then moves on.

"Unfortunately, when you sustained your injuries in an assassination attempt by my late father, Captain Zachary and one of your bodyguards had to sacrifice their lives to save you. Its a tragedy. We sent their remains back to the capital for a hero's burial." Emma grins at you, winking.

"...SEED has been calling for you to return to the capital. The lines are getting worse....estimates say that within another month, the Holy City itself will be sieged. They're drafting everyone available to go and fight. Debt-slaves are being armed. Prophets are saying this is the end times, and cults are forming. Things are getting desperate." Emma grins. "Now's a great time for a coup. The Pontifex has been building up your favor amongst the soldiers-- everyone is a soldier now."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 05, 2020, 03:49:05 pm »

Speak soft, musing. "In humanity's darkest hour... the [angel] returns with her chosen prophets. A Family touched by the blood of the divine, its champions forged of flesh and steel."

"I don't like it... but it's perfect. A story fit to goad this world to a religious frenzy."

---

Rise. "That [radio] we bought at market-- has it found its way to Silas?"

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 05, 2020, 03:50:43 pm »

Rise. "That [radio] we bought at market-- has it found its way to Silas?"
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 05, 2020, 03:55:01 pm »

[17] "The priests couldn't have wrote it better."

[8] "Silas didn't know what it was, if that's what you were asking." Emma replies, shrugging, "I had them draw a schematic up, though?"

"I know what you said it was, but what does it do?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 05, 2020, 03:55:11 pm »

These are dire times... I wonder if we can truly achieve victory under these conditions.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 05, 2020, 04:01:54 pm »

“[Radios] are used for long distance communication. People with radios can send messages to each other regardless of distance”

“We should get going to the defensive lines”
Go to the defensive lines with the war machines

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 05, 2020, 04:04:17 pm »

“[Radios] are used for long distance communication. People with radios can send messages to each other regardless of distance”
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 05, 2020, 04:07:57 pm »

“We should get going to the defensive lines”
Go to the defensive lines with the war machines

Yeah, we ain't going to the Defensive Lines just yet. First stop will be the Holy City, so's we can properly take over this army; before that, we have some serious catchup to do in Thornton Villa-- catchup and planning.

These are dire times... I wonder if we can truly achieve victory under these conditions.

I've no idea-- still, we're bound to try.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:32:13 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 05, 2020, 04:10:10 pm »

Agreed.  First the coup, then new strategies from Alphira, and only then do we go to the lines.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 05, 2020, 04:17:28 pm »

"Oh. That's pretty neat." Emma offers, a frown curling her lips, "Why were they forbidden then? Can they really summon demons?" It took you a moment, but she pronounces the word differently now-- you're both conversing in what you think might be your natural language at this point.

"And what needs to be done?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 05, 2020, 04:21:39 pm »

"Yes, they can summon entities from the void unintentionally.  As for what needs to be done, the first step will be to meet with SEED and request a change in strategy and leadership among senior command.  If that is refused, we will then carry out a hard coup."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 05, 2020, 04:24:03 pm »

vote changed. Will add new vote here
Smirk a little. "Not demons, no... [demons.] Empyreals. Our tech can pick up signals if they're powerful enough, I think, in the void between worlds. SEED's trying to hide this planet-- maybe from the Empyreals, maybe from something else. I don't know."

"What needs to be done... well. Here, we figure out how to replicate this tech and hook it up to Thornton War-machines. We consult Alphira and work out what other off-world and forbidden tech we can make use of, and what strategies we can employ going forward."

"In the Holy City..."

...the first step will be to meet with SEED and request a change in strategy and leadership among senior command.  If that is refused, we will then carry out a hard coup."

"Like you said on the flight here: we try the peaceful route first. Avoid taking any more lives than we have to. If that fails... we'll reevaluate."
+1
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:42:40 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 05, 2020, 04:29:15 pm »

Smirk a little. "Not demons, no... [demons.] Empyreals. Our tech can pick up signals if they're powerful enough, I think, in the void between worlds. SEED's trying to hide this planet-- maybe from the Empyreals, maybe from something else. I don't know."

"What needs to be done... well. Here, we figure out how to replicate this tech and hook it up to Thornton War-machines. We consult Alphira and work out what other off-world and forbidden tech we can make use of, and what strategies we can employ going forward."

"In the Holy City..."

...the first step will be to meet with SEED and request a change in strategy and leadership among senior command.  If that is refused, we will then carry out a hard coup."

"Like you said on the flight here: we try the peaceful route first. Avoid taking any more lives than we have to. If that fails... we'll reevaluate."

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 381