00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240401 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1725 on: April 05, 2020, 04:38:41 pm »

Smirk a little. "Not demons, no... [demons.] Empyreals. Our tech can pick up signals if they're powerful enough, I think, in the void between worlds. SEED's trying to hide this planet-- maybe from the Empyreals, maybe from something else. I don't know."

"What needs to be done... well. Here, we figure out how to replicate this tech and hook it up to Thornton War-machines. We consult Alphira and work out what other off-world and forbidden tech we can make use of, and what strategies we can employ going forward."

"In the Holy City..."

...the first step will be to meet with SEED and request a change in strategy and leadership among senior command.  If that is refused, we will then carry out a hard coup."

"Like you said on the flight here: we try the peaceful route first. Avoid taking any more lives than we have to. If that fails... we'll reevaluate."
+1 as long as the integration of tech can be done fairly quickly.  We're almost out of time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 05, 2020, 04:41:03 pm »

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:44:13 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 05, 2020, 05:09:20 pm »

Emma looks concerned, but nods, pulling a notepad from her breast-pocket and starting to scribble on it. "I'll send a runner to the Steelworks to get a list of forbidden technology. That should help identify what we're capable of." She pauses, "If that's the case, why don't we rig up a big radio and try to call for help?"

"As for the integration, William intended the helmets to have night vision, and they already have sound dampeners. We could try and get one of the cybernetic techs to rig something up. How would it work though? Should everyone have one, or should just the commanders? I don't think we could produce them in bulk for every soldier after we arm our Warmachines."

"And do we need to bring Warmachines to the Holy City? Asap? William... 'purchased' a cargo-ship. We could use that to lift and drop off soldiers, providing the Plague doesn't have any heavy firepower."

You asked for me?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 05, 2020, 05:17:00 pm »

It sounds dangerous, but if we did call in the Empyreals, they probably would help us defeat the Plague and destroy SEED.  Of course, we could end up calling... something else.

"Just the commanders.  It isn't necessary for all soldiers.  And yes, I do think we should bring the Warmachines to the Holy City in case a hard coup is necessary."

It's your time to shine.  Per our agreement, we will kill the generals, either now or later.  Can you show us how to turn our strategies into art?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 05:18:42 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 05, 2020, 05:27:26 pm »

Hesitate a moment. "The void between worlds is... risky. We could call in another McCreary, sure-- or we could call in a Baron of Steel. We don't know."

"Just the commanders.  It isn't necessary for all soldiers.  And yes, I do think we should bring the Warmachines to the Holy City in case a hard coup is necessary."

It's your time to shine.  Per our agreement, we will kill the generals, either now or later.  Can you show us how to turn our strategies into art?

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 05, 2020, 05:57:39 pm »

Emma nods and watches as you fade out to speak with Alphira.

[15]What's the most vital thing to have during a war?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 05, 2020, 05:59:33 pm »

Hmm.  Thoughts?  This is my guess.

Intel?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 05, 2020, 06:06:36 pm »

Do we know anything about where our enemy -is-? Staging grounds? Feeding centers? Whatever crap they need to keep an army marching and organized? They're smart enough to stage -ambushes- that requires a level of organization. We have a line. Beyond that could be a civilization of the damn things, with arts, culture and---sarcasm. Sorry.

So, what is your plan for changing the military of this world, in the first place?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 05, 2020, 06:11:15 pm »

Perhaps use of more intricate ambushes through radio communication and increased use of artillery?  I don't think we have a silver bullet, but attrition is clearly not the way to go.  Maybe we could try hit and run tactics, with a fluid line?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 05, 2020, 06:30:00 pm »

More machines. More firepower. Better comms. An airforce, maybe. Less infantry. We quit casting bodies to the [plague], we hit these things from afar whenever possible. Should a city fall, we don't expend thousands to retake it-- we firebomb everything, and pick apart the ruins as we may.

Beyond that, this voice doesn't have much. Large-scale warfare is new to this voice.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 05, 2020, 06:47:06 pm »

The line is too far gone to replace right now. It must hold, or the infection will encircle the Holy City... Do you even need me, though? The last thing though. Where is the best place for you and the Thorntons?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 05, 2020, 06:52:37 pm »

I don't know... Perhaps in front?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 05, 2020, 07:01:11 pm »

If we could identify something these critters rely on, something we could destroy, we could consider arranging a strike force... as is, we're stuck on the defensive. The Line is long-- where is the fighting most dire, where will we be needed most? The answer to that will change every day.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 05, 2020, 07:08:32 pm »

You're getting close. You are not a feudal army, putting your strongest fighters in the front at all times--where do you put them?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 05, 2020, 07:15:18 pm »

They are attracted to advanced technology and organic life forms to infect.  A single debt slave carrying a large amount of hydrogen we could detonate at a range would make an excellent trade off for damage to loss, without feeding them. 

Might not last long if they change tactics.

Use of artillery against hard points with us moving in to clean up seems like it would work well now that we know how to fight the king of the dead types.

We should find any more of those egg structures, the [demons] inside them do not fight on the front lines.  The egg or the [demon] might be some kind of command and control structures.  Moving to push past the lines and hit those structures might call reinforcements and lighten the load on the front lines.

Really we need to save our void energy for the [king of the dead] and fight the other beasts conventionally.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 381