00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240346 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1935 on: April 08, 2020, 11:46:22 pm »

Hmm.  Can we afford to wait a week?

"I don't think we have that kind of time.  What are our other options?"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:04:48 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 09, 2020, 12:07:10 am »

"You could try to talk to the Citadel Guard. See if you can ask them to ask SEED directly. They're heavy on tradition though, and might make you wait -longer- if things don't go well." Emma offers, gazing at the citadel with you.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 09, 2020, 12:10:29 am »

"I think it's worth a shot.  I would probably be most persuasive with wings and McCreary's armor."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 09, 2020, 12:20:58 am »

"So, back to the compound then?" Emma asks, "To meet our new guard captain, as well?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 09, 2020, 12:22:48 am »

"Sounds good."  Walk back to the compound.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 09, 2020, 12:47:09 am »

The Compound is a walk away, and the streets, for the most part, are empty. People inside huddling against the cold, no doubt, or perhaps worried about the future of the Holy City. Your compound rises like a square block from the cityscape, and you approach the guards at the door.

They say nothing as they open it for you and Emma, and the two of you make for your room. The armor is where you left it, beside a folded underlay, and your SMG. You strip down and peel on the underlay-- Emma helps you tie your hair back in a top knot. There's a knock at your door.

"Come in!" A crusader steps in, lowering herself to a knee while removing her helmet. A shock of brown hair falls out, framing a face you would describe as very pretty, were it not for a massive scar curling itself down the entirety of her face, to her chin. It looks like a burn scar, from the way the skin warps around the edges.

[13] "Mother Alphira. I am Sarah Potmend, you're new Guard Captain. It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am. I--." She hesitates, trailing off into silence, "Its an honor to serve you."

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:50:59 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 09, 2020, 12:51:31 am »

"Thank you, Captain Potmend.  It's a pleasure to be working with you, but it's also a tragedy.  Zachary was a good man.  I expect you to serve as well as he did.  We will all make sacrifices in this trying time."

Plus, he was an 18 and you're a 13.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:01:31 am by ZBridges »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 09, 2020, 02:56:49 am »

One reason to not use radios would also be to prevent the [demons] from getting them.  Maybe they could use them to better coordinate and share technology, or maybe call reinforcements from other worlds.  If the radios can pull disruptive patterns out of the void and give them flesh/life then it might be another good reason not to use them.

We should tell her that we are here to break the siege but we need to meet with SEED for an update and to discuss strategies with the generals.

"Thank you, Captain Potmend.  It's a pleasure to be working with you, but it's also a tragedy.  Zachary was a good man."

"I expect you to serve as well as he did.  We will all make sacrifices in this trying time."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 09, 2020, 05:13:14 am »

"Thank you, Captain Potmend.  It's a pleasure to be working with you, but it's also a tragedy.  Zachary was a good man.  I expect you to serve as well as he did.  We will all make sacrifices in this trying time."

Plus, he was an 18 and you're a 13.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 09, 2020, 03:43:41 pm »

"I will do my best to honor his memory, Mother Alphira." Sarah remains kneeling, head down as you and Emma finish donning your armor.

[12] [Hello Dear Sadil.] Lucille coos, gently, as her needles pierce through your flesh and bone. You begin to feel only slightly hungry, and the armor adjusts itself to you in a dozen minute ways, until it sets upon your underlay just right. You let your helmet hang off your neck after Emma drapes the cloak over you.

Uncomfortable with the backpack being on your back, you question if it can be moved-- [Side mounts enabled].
Well, that works, as you clip it on to your side. The half cloak is still going to be an issue, but you sling your SMG over your front instead, adjusting it to lay across your chest. It's a little uncomfortable, but you can deal with it.

The biggest issue is how the armor will adapt to you growing wings. You wonder if it would let you open a section in the back-- [Adapting]

Your backplate now has a hole it in, approximately the size of the scar. You hope it will work out.

"Mother Alphira. I see that you are...planning to go somewhere. I hope you would not mind the inconvenience of letting us accompany you?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:45:18 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 09, 2020, 03:50:02 pm »

“It;s not an inconvenience, Company will help. Of course you can come with”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 09, 2020, 03:55:59 pm »

+1, but if things go ugly, this might backfire on us.  It's clear that the personal guard is more loyal to SEED than to us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 09, 2020, 04:01:04 pm »

+1, but if things go ugly, this might backfire on us.  It's clear that the personal guard is more loyal to SEED than to us.
We’re not letting our guard down, plus this way we can keep an eye on them too

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 09, 2020, 06:45:40 pm »

[20] "Mother...Alphira." Sarah asks, gently, voice quiet. "Before we set out, may I speak to you in private?"

Emma gives you a significant glance, drifting out the door and shutting it behind her. Sarah fidgets uncomfortably, adjusting the straps of her helmet awkwardly. "I wish to seek absolution for...[sin, burden, lit. weight which halts paradise]."

"You are the...direct conduit to SEED, to creation, to life, to paradise. An [angel]...you...you can offer that, can't you?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 09, 2020, 06:58:05 pm »

"I can.  Please, tell me what burdens you.  I will help you find redemption, but I will not judge you."
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 381