00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240361 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2805 on: April 25, 2020, 11:24:08 am »

The Blessed One said:
I am Time (Death), cause of destruction of the worlds, matured
    And set out to gather in the worlds here.
Even without thee (thy action), all shall cease to exist,
    The warriors that are drawn up in the opposing ranks.

From the Bhagavad Gita: "The Song of God". The boast of a deity! The physicist Oppenheimer called its words to mind, dwelling on the power of atomic fire. A Terran.

Now... let us take solace in this moment, hm? A quiet moment in troubled times.

Lean in a bit. "Was this in any of your futures?"
I think we should do something that will be helpful, rather than asking questions. Checking food production in Alpha One seems like a priority, it will be housing lots of people

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: April 25, 2020, 12:28:15 pm »

There's much to do, but I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a moment to reflect.

The Blessed One said:

From the Bhagavad Gita: "The Song of God". The boast of a deity! The physicist Oppenheimer called its words to mind, dwelling on the power of atomic fire. A Terran.

+1

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 25, 2020, 12:48:02 pm »

There's much to do, but I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a moment to reflect.

The Blessed One said:

+1

+1.

Sorry NG, I'm going along with the sentimentalists on this one

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: April 25, 2020, 01:04:22 pm »

Sentimental won’t help improving Alpha One, we need to lead people

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: April 25, 2020, 01:18:19 pm »

Sentimental won’t help improving Alpha One, we need to lead people

Aye, but I think we've got a little bit of time. Certainly we've got the few minutes it'll take for this.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: April 25, 2020, 02:55:41 pm »

"...No. I've looked up at the stars many times in my dreams. Sometimes it was hazy. Sometimes it wasn't." Emma huddles closer, shivering as she does. You do not feel the chill, but play along, drawing her into a tight hug that anyone else would suffocate in. It makes Emma smile. "I don't remember this view. I was afraid, earlier, that all I would have of you is fragments and memories. I was scared all I'd have of you is my dreams. You won't let that happen, will you?"

Her voice cracks with desperation. Your tongue sticks as you think to blindly reassure your lover.

We're full of ancient platitudes today. I wonder if we've would have made those ancient peoples proud.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:07:22 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: April 25, 2020, 03:04:33 pm »

"As long as there are stars in the sky, as long as a single speck of my will remains, I will be here to love you and cherish you."

Sometimes there is comfort in familiar platitudes. I think they would be astounded.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: April 25, 2020, 04:01:49 pm »

"Mmmh." Is all Emma replies, leaning in for a kiss. "You're an awful liar." She kisses you before you can retort. When she leans away, "But I appreciate the attempt at comfort."

"I hope we have a nice room here." Lights flicker on nearby with a hiss, and smaller hovercrafts begin to descend on the landing pad. All give the two of you wide berth.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: April 25, 2020, 04:37:18 pm »

Now can we check whether the food production areas can produce enough food for half a million people?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: April 25, 2020, 04:57:05 pm »

Forgive the platitudes of a long-winded "ancestor"! This voice delights in such words, in the sounds and stories of another age-- in names, and the meanings behind them. There is inspiration in old words, and comfort indeed.

A curiosity: by what name does Phoenix-of-Sol know this voice?

"This fort was made for four times our numbers-- we'll not want for space, I expect!" Start for the algae-plants.
"Am I a liar, to speak comfort? I don't mean to be..."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: April 25, 2020, 05:02:22 pm »

Forgive the platitudes of a long-winded "ancestor"! This voice delights in such words, in the sounds and stories of another age-- in names, and the meanings behind them. There is inspiration in old words, and comfort indeed.

A curiosity: by what name does Phoenix-of-Sol know this voice?

"This fort was made for four times our numbers-- we'll not want for space, I expect!" Start for the algae-plants.
"Am I a liar, to speak comfort? I don't mean to be..."

+1

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: April 25, 2020, 05:39:05 pm »

Step one is to determine who our enemies are, we need to know where the plague is and who will not follow us.

We need to then defend our allies or evacuate them while striking at any weak enemy we can quickly crush or raid.

Long term we need to make a decision on what our goal is, each step needs to follow that goal.

For example if we think this planet truly lost, we could arrange the colony evacuation repair while working to contact the empyrium.  If we tell them we are here and that there is a plague getting access to SEED technology they may come and destroy this world while we escape.

Or we could hand the plague the SEED technologies all, unleashing a vengeance on those who killed the eternal emperor while we flee.

Or a more honorable and brave move, just want to point out we have many options.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: April 25, 2020, 05:45:54 pm »

Hai. Would it be okay if I pm any of you asking the question of just who you might be playing in the complex advisory board that is Pheobe's horribly stitched together mind?

"I hope so. You mean well. That's all that matters, I suppose." Emma is teasing, giving you a flash of a smile as you turn and head back into the hangar bay. More ships slowly stream in. You pass by the organized divulge of huddled masses; the crying children, the exhausted mothers, and the wounded soldiers. You stride into one of the twelve central personnel elevators, avoiding the massive freight elevator currently being loaded with civilians, and press a button. If you were not mistaken, the farms started on the twelfth level...

The room is massive, carved from the mountain itself, and reinforced with that concrete. Great gantries overlook the tanks and Scholars fiddle with primitive displays. The tanks are being filled with water, pumped up from innumerable mountain streams and groundwater wells. One of the nulls approaches, giving a tight, mechanical bow of his head.

"Alphira."

"What is our food situation...-- and how should I address you?"

"I am the Third to be made of this batch of Special Services. That title will suffice if you have need of confirming my individuality. As for our supplies, we have nutrient cubes enough to feed three million for twenty years, as stated in the documentation. They are located within the warehouse. Two is overseeing the distribution."

"--how?" You blink at the information, surprised.

"During the last hundred years of construction, we were given the task to provide that much according to SEED's emergency plans, should [the Plague] ever destroy the Holy City. We stored them in cryo-containmant warehouses based on designs provided by SEED on flours eighteen to thirty-six. No doubt some have gone bad, but we can re-proccess them."

You watch as the Scholars take small vials out of foggy containers, pouring them into the vats, and sealing them with great lids covered in thousands of lights.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 25, 2020, 05:49:33 pm »

What is the projected rate of algal growth?
How are nutrient cubes made?

((Sure, what do you mean by who we play?))
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 05:52:57 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 25, 2020, 05:53:34 pm »

Hai. Would it be okay if I pm any of you asking the question of just who you might be playing in the complex advisory board that is Pheobe's horribly stitched together mind?

...yeah sure.

What is the projected rate of algal growth?

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 381