00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 239002 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2820 on: April 25, 2020, 05:55:00 pm »

"We should be able to begin production of nutrient bars within three months. We have only activated five of ten levels of the farms, as no more is necessary. That decision is on you-- food will become more scarce without the Holy City producing it, and with the dust storms in the atmosphere, it will be a cold decade ahead. The lives of those within the Fortress have been prioritized, and food is an effective means of population control."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: April 25, 2020, 05:56:23 pm »

Hai. Would it be okay if I pm any of you asking the question of just who you might be playing in the complex advisory board that is Pheobe's horribly stitched together mind?

...yeah sure.

What is the projected rate of algal growth?

+1
((Did you see my edit? I’m curious. I ask since I have another question, namely how nutrient cubes are made. I’m not sure if you don’t want that question asked or if you just didn’t see my edit yet))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: April 25, 2020, 06:10:21 pm »

((Sure, that's fine with me.))

"How many wounded do we have?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: April 25, 2020, 06:17:51 pm »

"Nutrient cubes are made by filtering the genetically modified algae and condensing it, applying heat. Then we irradiate them and package them into sterilized containers. It's enriched with vitamins made from other algae tanks until it is nutritionally complete. Two packages have enough micro and macronutrients for one day."

"I was not in charge of that. Zero organized our tasks, and we do not share information until the end of the work process. Four is handling the medical wings on level five."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: April 25, 2020, 06:31:52 pm »

"Can you please explain to me what your kind's different duties are?  Also, do you have any interest in using a radio for instant communication, or do you communicate with your counterparts through other means?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: April 25, 2020, 06:46:48 pm »

And hey, if you don't like it, you can totally ignore it and construct your own stories about who you are. I'm not a cop, just an escaped lunatic.

"If you so choose, we will use any tool at our disposal, Alphira."

"Our duties are delegated to us by Zero, and we're designed to be able to complete and organize any task given to us. We have a wide range of skills, but are not experts in any one subject. SEED called us its Interface. We gather data, relay commands, and interact with the world on your behalf, using the available data provided to us."

"We have writs with us, and many of the Scholar's department heads know us as the representation of government will. We do not have control over Military matters and were trained only in self-defense. Zero is the primary information receiver, command distributor, and organizational expert. Eight is designed, however, as an Assassin. Ten's primary purpose is information gathering."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: April 25, 2020, 07:04:02 pm »

“Thank you Three”
Find Zero and ask him about projected algae growth rates

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: April 25, 2020, 07:25:45 pm »

"I hope you don't mind my asking, but why did you allow SEED to be deceived by her generals, and did she have some greater plan to defeat the plague? It sounds like SEED had significant means at her disposal."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: April 25, 2020, 08:10:28 pm »

"We should be able to begin production within one month, enough to produce roughly thirty million four hundred sixteen thousand six hundred sixty-six nutrient cubes, per month at peak efficiency with the current operations. If we open up the other farms, we can produce one hundred eighty million units. However, we lack the manpower and trained individuals for such an operation." Three states after sitting quietly for a few minutes. "We would also have to begin rationing water and electricity."

You are unsurprised as you watch the waters turn from clear to brown through the available viewing containers-- the algae being used is incredibly aggressive. The vats are set into the ground, and they are exceptionally deep, and they seem to stretch out a far distance into the horizon.

"We were not in charge of the Military, and General Hardy was trusted by SEED. We rely on the input of others to form our calculations. As did SEED. Zero would know."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: April 25, 2020, 08:19:07 pm »

We should talk to Zero about what other resources we have to worry about, such as access to medicine and weapons, and it would be convenient to give them all radios so that we can contact them at any time.

Once that is done, I think we should start planning with Zero how we can come back from this defeat.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: April 25, 2020, 08:27:55 pm »

"He is on level one-- the command center. His office should be labeled Special Services."

You turn and walk away. Emma returns to your side after examining the vats. "I overheard a lot of that -- why weren't these more in use? SEED could have fed everyone with these things." The elevator begins to lift, and you feel the drag of its weight.

I don't quite understand it either.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: April 25, 2020, 09:51:29 pm »

Ahh-h-h-- thank you.
I shall be Constantine. Latin: Constantinus. "He who stays the course." A name common among the kings of Byzantium.

"Ever eaten a nutrient cube?" Smirk a little. "It's like crunching down chalk cut with vanilla. Imagine feeding a populace on the stuff all those millennia... who would stand for it?"

Panem et circenses. Latin. "Bread and circuses." The commodities with which an empire is bought, as quoth the poet Juvenal.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: April 25, 2020, 10:10:39 pm »

"I never have...I suppose that will change soon, though." Emma gives a small sigh, holding you closer. "Especially if what Three said was true-- that it's only going to get worse outside of these walls. You'll go hunting for actual food for me, won't you, sometimes?" She pouts, fluttering her lashes and looking up at you with a faint, sanguine smile.

The Interface should have allowed you access since the beginning...The circus is this strange religion that venerates a Machine?

You wander a bit lost through the first level until you stumble upon the special services office. It's filled with a number of desks, with neatly stacked paperwork, all in a neat, orderly line. All of the furniture is steel and plastic, uncomfortable to look at, let alone sit on. Zero is sitting in front of it all in his own little world, reading through a report. He looks up at you, rising and giving a bow of his head.

"Alphira. How may I be of service?"

"You all have things quite under control. Are there any resources I need to worry about?" You question.

"The Crusaders. Currently, they are of broken morale and leaderless. They are not so broken as to organize a coup, but rather hopeless. It's quite sad. The general population could also use a boost in morale. Then there's the matter of the Families, who believe all of SEED's leadership to be dead, and the Outlander Clans, no doubt going to start pressing into our former territory."

"And of course, who could forget the Plague. SEED's sacrifice has weakened it considerably, but, like all plagues, it will return." He continues, monotone. "I've sent your intel to the remaining intelligence officers for consideration."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 10:26:29 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: April 25, 2020, 10:27:02 pm »

((Since Superdorf posted his lifespan, so too shall I post mine))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: April 25, 2020, 10:37:52 pm »

((Here's mine as well.  I was the successor to Constantine, and my successor was the Woman of Nature.  I'm not sure if posting these here goes against the spirit of having them as private messages?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 10:39:34 pm by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 381