00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240308 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3795 on: May 21, 2020, 04:36:15 pm »

He disliked us at the Academy, he questions our divinity, and we're preventing him from fighting, which he desperately wants.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: May 21, 2020, 06:23:54 pm »

Fair point. So, we’ll organize the guard then?
How will we word the refusal?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: May 21, 2020, 06:24:17 pm »

"Thank you for the offer, Eric, but this is something I would like to personally oversee. Jack, please send me the applications and I'll have the Children of SEED prepare dossiers for each, as they are quite adept at that. I will then sort through them and select the candidates I would like."

Here's my suggestion for that.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: May 21, 2020, 06:26:24 pm »

"Thank you for the offer, Eric, but this is something I would like to personally oversee. Jack, please send me the applications and I'll have the Children of SEED prepare dossiers for each, as they are quite adept at that. I will then sort through them and select the candidates I would like."

Here's my suggestion for that.
sounds good. +1
What do we do in the meantime? Collect plague Samples via earth spheres like before for Silas?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: May 21, 2020, 06:30:51 pm »

That could be useful, but I think we should stay away from the plague for now until we recover from our illness. I'm not sure what we could do after the meeting.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: May 21, 2020, 07:03:17 pm »

Eric gives a nod, returning to his position in silence.

You do note that there are other issues that the Ministers raised for you to consider, as of this time, and they look on eagerly for answers and direction.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: May 21, 2020, 07:09:34 pm »

"Minister Hoganson, now that our position is slightly more stable, would we have the opportunity to increase universal rights and allow for some limited democratic control, or would that be premature?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: May 21, 2020, 07:44:21 pm »

"Over...? Our positions? Your position?" Hoganson questions, confused. "And should we really allow public speaking that isn't state-mandated when we have nothing in place to ensure continued loyalty? When our religion is fractured and our people hungry? What choice can we give them in these affairs? What good is freedom of press when we're recycling paper? What good is bodily autonomy when you cannot leave the fortress, except as a Crusader?"

[7 vs 15] "You have not ruled long, I see." Hoganson ventures. He never raises his voice. "Freedom is well and good -- when it can be afforded. Our budget is measured in ration cubes and tanks of hydrogen. We need an economy, we need a road built into the fortress, and we need constant reminders to the people about how lucky they are to survive."

"That road idea threatens the safety of the fortress and gives away our position, Hoganson -- and you're too bold with Mother Pheonix." Isela retorts, lifting herself out of her seat.

"And another youth speaks -- tell me Ch-- -sorry- General Tabbet, what is the purpose of security if we cannot cloth our population? If we cannot arm our troops, if we cannot pay them a wage and promise them better after this wretched war?" Hoganson counters, expressionless. "Do you know what happens when trained soldiers are turned out of their armies without a backup plan? War. Constant war. And not a war of Plagues, but a war of men. Insurgents, counter-insurgencies, paramilitaries."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: May 21, 2020, 07:58:51 pm »

"Well put, Hoganson, and thank you, General, for coming to my defense. As far as the road is concerned, I am tempted to approve it, as our population is below capacity and refugees would be useful. General, would the additional manpower that might be raised offset the dangers of revealing our position?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: May 21, 2020, 08:25:17 pm »

"This Fortress was designed for housing a population for twenty years -- I'd dare say its possible for us to hermetically seal ourselves away and could spend forty defending this position from Plague. Our grandchildren would be able to hold this position. I spoke to the geneticist and our population could be free from inbreeding for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Putting a big hole in the side will ruin that." When Isela says 'inbreeding, there's a slight accusation shot towards Hoganson, who gives her a scowl in response, the first emotion you've seen on the man today -- besides bored indifference.

"No man is a mountain -- and neither is industry." Armssmith offers, "We need many things from the outside world to sustain u--"

"We mine it then. We've got enough of the equipment down below." Isela returns.

"In the fractured earth? We haven't had in an earthquake in a month, but mines are not stable constructions." Arsmssmith asks, bluntly, rhetorically. "The minerals in the world are scarce at best. We need a wide net. Were it not for the Thorton chemis--"

Here, Lauren Mack has an odd-sounding cough. 'Drugpeddlars'

"Were it not for the Thorton Chemists, our steel production would be ground to a halt. But even they cannot produce elemental sulfur, or purified silicon, or pure iron." Armssmith finishes, glancing over to Lauren.

"But what-what do we trade for them?" It's the first time you've heard Geoyde stutter himself into the conversation. "Values change based on perception of worth. The Outlanders survived-survived this mess with their economy intact -- people are starting to use Outlander Clan jade and gold coins to trade. We do not have control of any kind, because SEED's Industrial credits are worthless besides for some of the worst food imaginable. "
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:39:35 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: May 21, 2020, 08:35:01 pm »

"Would it be possible to set up a commerce zone, sometime in the future, outside the fortress in a less fortified position? We could build a road to it without damaging the integrity of the fortress itself. We have the ability to fight, could that be traded in some way?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: May 21, 2020, 10:53:30 pm »

"It would reduce fuel costs." Geoyde points out, "And give us a start..."

"We could institute a protection tax on personal property." Hoganson scratches at his bearded face.

"That'd make our currency more rare if we didn't spend it." Geoyde murmurs. looks down and away as he thinks. His stutter clears for the moment as he runs the idea through his head, "We buy our notes back with something we're already doing. It would seem silly at first, but it would build trust in our money--" Suddenly, "I vote we receive a salary, after a year of our service."

"You corrupt--" Lauren Mack starts, standing up abruptly. You lift a hand, and her words catch in her throat. It required no application of will, no anger, no nudge from your powers -- it was your reputation alone.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:12:14 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: May 21, 2020, 11:59:04 pm »

"I appreciate your work, and I would be fine with all ministers earning a salary after one year. Please look into establishing a nearby commerce zone, building a road to it, and instituting a protection tax on private property."

"Would it also be possible to do some prospecting of the nearby mountains? If we could find a source of precious metal, we could look into producing non-token coinage to make trading with Outlanders easier."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: May 22, 2020, 03:35:41 am »

"I appreciate your work, and I would be fine with all ministers earning a salary after one year. Please look into establishing a nearby commerce zone, building a road to it, and instituting a protection tax on private property."

"Would it also be possible to do some prospecting of the nearby mountains? If we could find a source of precious metal, we could look into producing non-token coinage to make trading with Outlanders easier."

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: May 22, 2020, 05:59:16 am »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 381