00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240276 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3810 on: May 22, 2020, 09:10:07 am »

"I appreciate your work, and I would be fine with all ministers earning a salary after one year. Please look into establishing a nearby commerce zone, building a road to it, and instituting a protection tax on private property."

"Would it also be possible to do some prospecting of the nearby mountains? If we could find a source of precious metal, we could look into producing non-token coinage to make trading with Outlanders easier."

+1
+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: May 22, 2020, 08:27:00 pm »

"Mother Pheonix! This is outrageous. Our Crusaders are not receiving pay, our Guardians are not receiving pay, and our citizens sure aren't either. Will we pay them too?!" Lauren Mack reproaches, turning to look at you.

"We cannot do that, otherwise our currency will devalue." Geoyde retorts, still looking down at the desk.  "And as for minting currency -- SEED has forbidden the institution of a gold standard--"

Zero interrupts here, speaking for the first time in the meeting, "Gold, as a standard of currency, is inherently worthless. As of last year, in our system, there is enough gold that we could give a [hundred pounds] to each Citizen and still have some leftover. Trading it with the Outlanders has merits. But should our citizens use it amongst themselves, it will be devalued. Better keep it in raw form."

"We could completely destroy their economy by the end of this." Isela notes, building on the idea, "By flooding it with gold, should we so choose."

"I suppose I will send out prospectors. I doubt we'll find much." Armssmith nods, looking at Isela strangely.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: May 22, 2020, 11:44:52 pm »

"Would it be disastrous to pay our citizens as well in one year?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: May 23, 2020, 12:11:52 am »

"The longer we collect our currently useless money, the better. The less there is, the more its worth." Geoyde murmurs.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: May 23, 2020, 02:09:06 am »

Then don't back your currency with gold. Back it with something useful, finite and regular, like power, or food.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: May 23, 2020, 02:19:23 am »

The Empyre's currency is backed in energy, but that's hard to implement, here. I think he's hoping that by our government pretending our money has value that it regains its value. But now I think he's needling for a headstart on his paycheck--which means he wants the ministers to be more financially powerful than other groups in the social structure. That helps us maintain our power, but it will anger some.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: May 23, 2020, 05:32:18 am »

"Can we revisit this issue in one year? If it is feasible at that point, we can certainly consider it."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: May 23, 2020, 05:44:38 am »

"Can we revisit this issue in one year? If it is feasible at that point, we can certainly consider it."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: May 23, 2020, 10:01:56 am »

A year sounds like it’s too long.
The Empyre's currency is backed in energy, but that's hard to implement, here. I think he's hoping that by our government pretending our money has value that it regains its value. But now I think he's needling for a headstart on his paycheck--which means he wants the ministers to be more financially powerful than other groups in the social structure. That helps us maintain our power, but it will anger some.
this sounds like it could work, though we need to eventually find something to back our money on, so the money won’t become worthless again if something in government changes

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: May 24, 2020, 12:13:38 am »

Geoyde nods, shifting back into his seat in silence. Zero speaks after the silence drags on. "Anything else to report or request."
The consensus is no, and Zero turns to you for your words -- an edict, a speech, or a simple dismissal. It is your first time with the council, they might be expecting something. You take in their appearances in a single glance before you say anything.

Hoganson is expressionless, Emma looks half-asleep, and Geoyde looks a little less anxious. Armssmith looks a little uncomfortable, and Lacey looks...serene. The others wear a neutral expression.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: May 24, 2020, 12:29:26 am »

"Did you want me to take a look at those sermons and approve the Families' request? Also, please attempt to make contact with the eastern Outlanders."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: May 24, 2020, 01:42:24 am »

"Did you want me to take a look at those sermons and approve the Families' request? Also, please attempt to make contact with the eastern Outlanders."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: May 24, 2020, 02:18:22 am »

"If you so choose." Hoganson replies, "I'm sure you already know the cost of accepting the other Families, other than the Thorntons. We could organize a dossier for you, if you wish, on each of the ones wishing to join."

"And what do we say? Sorry for the one hundred years of refusing to recognize their existence?" Mellone questions at your last request.

"I've already had a copy delivered to your room, Mother Pheonix." Lacey states.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: May 24, 2020, 02:41:07 am »

"Thank you.  Please do create dossiers for them.  As for the Outlanders, say little but offer gifts that they may find helpful.  If they are a practical people, perhaps they will come to see that we can be useful."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: May 24, 2020, 03:04:38 am »

"Am I allowed to send them firearms?" Tiffany questions
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 381