Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409603 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3015 on: March 23, 2023, 08:03:00 am »

So… you killed a dwarf with a fish?

Then you were granted a divine giant polar bear, which then got ghoulified?

That’s pretty metal. Shame it crashed. Save often!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 23, 2023, 08:08:12 pm »

Made back some of my progress. I'm currently trying to track down where my soul weapons teleported to - I have 6 of them. Three I kept on me, two teleported back to the throne room of Dreadruled (twice actually: someone else grabbed them and brought them back, and they teleported away again), one stayed at the Museum, and one is still missing. I think it's at a temple somewhere in Dreadruled.

Still no sign of the slab. I searched the Museum from top to bottom, I don't think it's there.

EDIT: I think the slab The Lord of Riddling and the artifact steel battle axe The Lost Tattoos are both completely lost. I have checked everywhere that they could possibly be, multiple times. Such a shame, too, since that's one of the first artifacts of the Museum and my best weapon, respectively.

I have made up almost all of my progress. After some save-scumming, I was blessed with a black bear as a pet. It's no giant polar bear, but it'll have to do. Time to kill some thralls.

EDIT2: Cave crocodile, and I remembered to save this time. Remember kids, always save your game before dropping out of fast travel.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:39:12 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: March 25, 2023, 04:15:07 pm »

Dreamypuzzled submits her remaining three ensouled weapons, as well as the slab bearing her true name. The artifact brass slab The Lord of Riddling and the artifact steel battle axe The Lost Tattoos are supposed to be part of this submission. Please mark them down as being there. The fake slab is just a placeholder. :P If anyone finds these two artifacts, please return them to the Museum.

Also, I did this:

Please leave The Knowing Deceiver alone. It is under my protection.

SAVE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Va1zEClMJ31Q_aFutWvBkKlr_OjHtxG8/view?usp=share_link

Writeup to come.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: March 26, 2023, 06:08:38 am »

I've picked the save up and can start on it later today! (this past week was the busiest I've had this year so I'm looking forward to a break via DF)

Real quick questions:

1) How will I and should I upload the save when done
2)Do other players with mortally-challenged characters want me to do anything? I remember having a minor sense of anxiety between turns for fear of my wolf man turning to dust in the mean time

I intend to actually do a bit of fortress stuff at the end although I'm not planning to pass much time, but still wanna be respectful(normally I just don't and do the adventures)

Arthur and Mirailei officially begin their adventures independent from the wolf lord!

Also if you're looking for great writing music for putting fingers to keyboard on writing up your turn I love this video and the suggested ones that often go with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BroK8h0eZg&t=3852s

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 26, 2023, 06:31:53 am »

I just noticed the Law-Giver I killed, Mispi Smomahibor was into some thematically named situations:

Re: Maloy, upload in any way that works best for you, which means either GoogleDrive, this:

or save with the compression turned off and maybe after archiving it'll be under 500 MB so you can easily upload to DFFD. Or you could search for any other file hosting sites.

For resurrecting, if it's in your way, I wouldn't mind you doing so for Lurker Wogeathis, but the body is more towards the elven north than I expected. The article holds more or less the exact location of the body, since I saved before finishing adventure mode. Ah, and if you see a dwarf with an ☼adamantine battle axe☼, either run or snipe her and don't let her get close enough to cleave you in half. Otherwise, don't worry about it, I have plans regardless.

Good luck with your turn!
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: March 26, 2023, 08:19:20 am »

I WILL be out that way actually!

Do you remember which part of town you died in? Just to narrow my search.
Hopefully the thrall won't wanna throw down with me since I'll be coming as a necromancer and fellow(ish) undead

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: March 26, 2023, 08:29:07 am »

It's outside town, look at the gallery in the article. It's just to the south-east of the town.

I'm not sure if the thrall was going to attack me if I left it alone, as I too was a necromancer. If I have one regret (besides dying) is that I didn't meet the dwarven conquerors who are likely in the town (and hopefully unblighted).

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 27, 2023, 03:07:16 am »

Good luck with your turn, Maloy!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: March 29, 2023, 05:12:11 am »

Entry One
Music for ambience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AawLM81gIHo

Before you lay a collection of preserved documents all surrounding this one strange and brief time period in the Rounded Land

Within the Walled Dye is a strange phenomenon: Parallel systems of nobility. While the dwarves have their traditional system they are known for the many humans and other groups that have been assimilated over the centuries have maintained some semblance of independent advancement through a traditional system of lords. Now, what's in question is whether a dwarven lord would be recognized nobility and one day might be made king under the right circumstances? The idea that my former friend Maloy might one day become king is greatly concerning although I can't bring myself to do anything against him due to our long history, but imagine: The wolf-king builder of cities and creator of demons
Regardless this system of lords might be exactly what this beaten land needs right now

-Journal entry of Arthur Mossdiamonds the Light eagle

"Enri, our chance for a new life has finally come! No more hiding in these cramped dwarven tunnels waiting for the blight to come and claim us! That merchant we've known since we were children came into Stoneclasps today, but he had no wares! He was wearing armor covered in holes and dents and had mercenaries with him. He came before crowds and declared all the lands between here and Razorbridge were up for grabs! All you had to do was go there and hold it and you'd be it's lord! It's been so many years since we had to flee here from the blight, and I don't care what that wolf says I don't believe our lands are safe again or they ever will be, but we can build a new life now! I'm taking him up on his offer and I'll become a lord and build homes for all of us and our old neighbors! Just you wait and see!"
-Letter from a human refugee living in Stoneclasps

"Thanks to your generous donations, work proceeds smoothly. The new buildings have been constructed and more migrants show up by the month! each checked for blight and made sure to be clean. We have a number coming from locations such as falsetowers as well. They have a haggard look in their eyes and a strange pallor to their skin, but I can assure you, sir, they have no blight in them! You'll have plenty of colonists to settle in your new lands in no time. Plague doesn't scare dwarves like it does humans! Following instructions with your previous letter we have provided any and all accommodations possible to your companions Arthur and Miaralei. All Arthur asked for was a place to worship his god and a pint and that made me laugh something good, but that Miaralei one has been distant and avoiding most of the citizens here. I think she's hiding something. If you want us to arm the citizens here like you asked you'll need to send another caravan with a generous amount of coin to cover the costs of the work and we will be glad to do it. Razorbridge hit hard times over the years and so we are honored by your patronage"
-A letter from Expedition Leader Momuz to the Lord of Incenseorder

Pictured below:
A shrine to the great forest spirit Cacame covered in pear blossoms

OOC:
I asked Bral for permission before touching Razorbridge and this is sort of a teaser post of much larger works

Fun strange happenings

I'm not in the Quiet Plank

Do dwarves get pregnant off screen? I thought they only did in fortress mode. She showed up and gave birth like a week later, and so considering how much time has passed since the last player fort there's no way she got pregnant at her previous fort before she became a necromancer

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 29, 2023, 09:14:53 am »

Do dwarves get pregnant off screen? I thought they only did in fortress mode. She showed up and gave birth like a week later, and so considering how much time has passed since the last player fort there's no way she got pregnant at her previous fort before she became a necromancer
I'm not sure of dwarves and pregnancy, but I do know at least in Orid Xem, NPCs do sometimes procreate offscreen, but this is very rare and apparently only reserved for the immortal races i.e. elves and goblins. By rare, I mean about once every 50 in-game years. The goblins appear to even be bugged, with them birthing (Unnamed) creatures sometimes.

That being said, creatures tend to "freeze" between player actions i.e. a megabeast waited over 50 years to die from fatal wounds between killing the adventurer that almost killed it and being visited by a new adventurer, and companions remain in the same place their adventurer was killed until special circumstances. So it wouldn't be surprising if a dwarf's pregnancy could "freeze" between forts for decades at a time.

I'm merely speculating, of course. Thanks for the content update.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 31, 2023, 09:46:44 pm »

"It said in fortress mode that this camp belonged to the Realm of Silver! I wonder who has a camp out here?"

-Drops out of fast travel to find a camp full of legendary blighted warriors butchering random animals in their full armor and weaponry-

Yarlig got me it seems. Or we'll see lol. I saved the moment I landed because I wanted to take the time to process all of that and decide what to do.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 31, 2023, 10:14:59 pm »

Well, that happened.

RUN, MALOY, RUN!

Good luck getting out of there. Maybe jumping helps?

Yeah, frakking Hannibal and Ketas & Kosoth. I wonder how many of us they got killed. I definitely lost two characters to the blight so far.

I think I remember that camp from Legends Viewer, where a lot of thralls gathered for no obvious reason. Nasty place to fast-travel in, indeed.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 01, 2023, 06:15:36 am »

Where is it? Sounds like a job for a blind sadist.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 01, 2023, 08:31:29 am »

Oh god, please don't say you landed in Ghoulcreek of all places.

If it is: fast travel as soon as you get the chance, run and jump like hell until you do if you can't immediately GTFO. Maybe try sneaking; I don't know if it works that well against high observation characters, but it might do something at least.

(Context: That's where I was storing most of my ghouilifed PCs from last turn in, until Abyssdeeps was finished; forgot to move them there before uploading the save. So that's maybe six or seven thralls, all trained to great at minimum in combat skills.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 08:33:30 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: April 02, 2023, 07:51:01 am »

Arthur made it out of Ghoulcreek! They were all conveniently distracted butchering woodland creatures, and slowly I might add. They'd cut off every single appendage and beat the creatures in non-vital areas for as long as they could

One did see me, but was already at a full charge chasing some creature another direction before I disappeared behind a tree long enough to fast travel

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cvgLlztJnBmB62AY1qjJDPGEs7XlG6L1/view?usp=sharing

Lurker I resurrected you in Tongstreat which is near south of Incenseorder and North of padcalls. Your character was generally shocked and had a strong dislike of me and so refused to trade. I set your gear on a pedestal on the top floor. There's two branching paths in the tomb that lead to two different rooms on the top floor so don't get lost! Also mind the other patients!

I think from here my plan is to develop Arthur up to legendary in leader skill. I notice that a lot of places get raided inbetween turns so I think that fits his character development to grow in the military skills.

If I continue to have permission I'll also continue to update Razorbridge and develop it.

I think Incenseorder is protected by a glitch. Because that one army is said to still be marching there, even though they are all dead, no one else can invade it or does. So Incenseorders enjoys a stasis of peace.

Ghoulcreek and the blight had me thinking: What if one of us made a super dungeon basically designed to kill players? Traps, demons, intelligent undead. The full works. Ghoulcreek was looking like the most challenging thing I've seen and if it wasn't for the fact that they were PC's I was considering making overcoming them Arthur's arc.

EDIT: Also funny thing I actually WAS in the neighborhood to resurrect Lurker lol. Maloy is always teleporting all over the map. I can exit sessions without saving and start again and he is in a totally different one.
I think it's because he's nobility, belongs to two civs, and is lord of like 15 settlements.

EDIT 2: sign me up for another turn
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 07:57:32 am by Maloy »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 263