Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409624 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3345 on: June 17, 2023, 12:19:23 pm »

To be fair, the sea is very scary when you have stubby limbs and are too dense to float.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: June 17, 2023, 01:04:19 pm »

That makes drinking a solid strategy. Alcohol is less dense than water. Theoretically, a sufficiently drunk dwarf should float.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 10:02:40 am by Bralbaard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 17, 2023, 01:23:07 pm »

I can't seem to unpack the zip due to file size, despite having 36 gigabytes free. Just how big is the unzipped save?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 17, 2023, 02:51:40 pm »

Around 2.8 GB, so that should not be the issue. I was able to unzip it earlier on my system.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 17, 2023, 06:02:46 pm »

If you are having trouble with the save, try this one.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16753

The save file is reliably under 500Mb and therefore suitable for DFFD if you use uncompressed saves and then WinRar Best compression.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 17, 2023, 07:42:03 pm »

I've opened up the save successfully. Trouble is, I'm not sure what to do. I have one adventure idea, but I'm saving that one for the Museum IV. I have another idea, but that one wouldn't visit the Museum. If I can't come up with something by tomorrow, I'll pass.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 18, 2023, 03:18:08 am »

It's no problem if you have an idea without a museum submission.
As for inspiration, I'm sure others have better ideas, but here are some ideas for what you could play;

-A shepherd: Start with a flock of sheep and try to keep them alive.
-Entomologist: Try to catch as many different bugs as possible for a museum submission.
-Alchemist: Try to gather as many extracts as possible, for example forgotten beast extract, putrid goo, ichor, etc.
-Performance Troupe: travel around with a band of musicians and play in every royal court (while stealing the socks of each monarch, or something like that).

I hope you find some inspiration!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 03:20:07 am by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 18, 2023, 05:29:18 am »

-A tarven reviewer: Visit as many tarvens as you can and bring back the finest brew in the land
-The explorer: Delve into the ancient tombs and bring back the mummies of old
-The hunter: Collect the skulls of mythical creatures e.g unicorns, foul blendics, dark gnomes. (don't think anyone has encounter gnomes yet)
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 18, 2023, 05:31:06 am »

I actually haven't had a reason to go to the museum the last three turns

I usually submitted stuff from the adventure, but for Maloy the wolf-man it was more of a renewing his membership kind of thing

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 18, 2023, 06:22:46 am »

Continuing on with Avolition's idea of hunting rare creatures, I think there was also an earlier idea to find out if bogeymen exist in this world because they have not been seen yet. This could be done by visiting the evil regions, and spending the night while travelling alone.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 06:45:57 am by Bralbaard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 18, 2023, 07:09:52 am »

Alright, then I have a rather silly idea. I'll start posting soon. You see, I was looking through the unretire list, and I found something rather unusual...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 07:13:01 am by TheFlame52 »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 18, 2023, 08:27:47 am »

The unretire list has quite a few bizarre entries. It sometimes adds undead creatures raised by necromancer adventurers.

The last 5 or so blank entries I assume are Maloy’s angels.

Good luck fearless zombie raven!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 18, 2023, 11:12:18 am »

If there was ever anything at Duskhome, it's gone now. The whole map is empty aside from some corpses and an artifact floodgate lying on the ground.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 18, 2023, 12:00:09 pm »

The unretire list has quite a few bizarre entries. It sometimes adds undead creatures raised by necromancer adventurers.

The last 5 or so blank entries I assume are Maloy’s angels.

Good luck fearless zombie raven!

Yeah they are. Anyone is free to use them. They have a blank slate as far as history goes so easy RP
Also you’ll need to full-heal 4 out of 5 because they revived with their lethal injuries still on them so they bleed out or suffocate within minutes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 18, 2023, 02:31:50 pm »

A long time ago, a raven had gotten too close to someone with a sharp edge. That sharp edge lashed out with lethal accuracy, gashing open the raven's throat. The raven soon bled out and died.

Then the Master raised the raven's corpse. The raven corpse followed the Master underground. A mechanism tripped. A cage shot from the floor, enveloping it. The Master walked away. He kept walking.

The dead raven's wings beat furiously at the cage. It slammed its body against the bars, to no avail. The cage was made of copper. The Master went far away. The pull became less. The raven sat in its cage and waited.

Things happened outside the cage. The raven waited. The sun rose and fell. The raven waited. Less and less things happened. The raven waited. The heat came and the cold came. The raven waited. The raven corpse remained perserved by the magic that animated it. The raven waited.

The cage collapsed. The raven squirmed out from the pile of verdigris. It flapped its ragged wings and flew out into the sun.

The undead raven still felt the pull of the Master. But its brain also contained other, raven-y thoughts. It wanted things that gleamed.

The raven decided that it would combine these thoughts. It would bring something good to the Master. It flapped away awkwardly to the northeast.

On its way it stopped and picked up something it found. It hung the shiny thing from its neck and continued.

Over the mountains, another fortress came into view.

As dawn broke, the raven circled the fortress. It saw the Master! But something was different about the Master. The undead raven flew down to investigate. But the Master ran from the raven. Confusion fizzled in the raven's necromantic brain.

Then it saw the yak skeleton charging toward the Master! It flapped as hard as it could! But raven wings weren't built for speed, and the raven corpse was very old. The yak bowled the Master over. Blood splattered the snow.

The raven attacked the yak's skull with beak and talon. One! Twice! The yak's skull was gouged. The yak turned, knocking the raven out of the air. The raven scrambled to its feet, too slow. The yak crushed it beneath its hooves. The glass amulet shattered. The yak raised its head, tossing its horns. But the wolf woman was gone.

Spoiler: combat log (click to show/hide)

Desli dragged her wounded body around the corner. That stupid militia commander! What was he thinking! There were mortals in this fortress! She might have died, if not for that strange raven with the glass amulet. Where had it come from, anyway?

SAVE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GsqQPh6iauTVdiX5CRCIZulXHbiaA7nx/view?usp=sharing
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 263