Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Emerald Inspectorate: A Bureaucratic Fantasy SG  (Read 8241 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: The Emerald Inspectorate: A Bureaucratic Fantasy SG
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2020, 08:20:29 pm »

Sarah's our pick.

Ibrahim would be better suited to officework, but... well, he'll have a decent life wherever he winds up. Not so for the ruined widow.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2020, 08:29:47 pm »

Sarah's our pick.

Ibrahim would be better suited to officework, but... well, he'll have a decent life wherever he winds up. Not so for the ruined widow.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2020, 10:41:08 pm »

Sarah's our pick.

+1
+1

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2020, 10:43:53 pm »

Also, go back to the marketplace to buy a suitable pair of sandals from Afaf for Sarah.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2020, 11:07:17 pm »

Also, go back to the marketplace to buy a suitable pair of sandals from Afaf for Sarah.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2020, 05:08:40 am »

Sarah's our pick.

+1
+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2020, 10:40:44 pm »

You decide to go with Sarah. Her eyes do not change as she hears you, nor when you write a cheque for the slave you'll be buying her from. When the transaction is all said and done, Sarah says that she's your to do with as you see fit and that she's glad to be gone from the market. This, she says with complete seriousness that in any other person might have been taken as enthusiasm. In Sarah, it seemed more like resignation.

She doesn't seem surprised when you buy her a pair of sandals (that seems common enough for masters to do, you recall), but thanks you profusely in an accent* that you'll need some to time to get used to.

In any case, you've sorted out all your  business at the market, right?

*The taifa of Ozono from which Sarah comes from speaks a dialect far more related to the languages a ferry ride to the continent across the sea rather than the language of Costaba. They take this as a sign of their cultural purity and distrust of the 'lesser cultures'. There's a lot of interesting pronunciations, a predilection for replacing 'f' with 'p' and making extensive use of gutteral sounds long replaced in the Costaban tongue.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:44:06 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2020, 03:07:43 am »

Lets look around the market and see if there are any interesting new shops.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2020, 04:32:59 am »

Try to find something strange and evocative for sale.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2020, 06:02:26 am »

Try to find something strange and evocative for sale.
+1 like magic items? What's evocative? Whichemotions are the items we find are going to evoke?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2020, 11:30:55 am »

Evocative: bringing strong images, memories, or feelings to mind.  I didn't specify any emotion in particular.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2020, 12:43:15 pm »

Evocative: bringing strong images, memories, or feelings to mind.  I didn't specify any emotion in particular.
oh, usually when I hear evocative, I think of emotion, thanks for clarifying it meant more than that. I should look up words more instead of relying on past contexts to guess the meaning. My vote still stands though, hopefully the item we get, whatever it is, will be useful too.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2020, 01:47:58 am »

You look around and take in the scenery, of the camels marching by and the calves being slaughtered. There's always people coming and going from the markets, but few new shops. The guilds of the city are tight-knit as ever and real estate is quite a premium in the market. As such, Gold Street rarely has any new stalls or emporiums unless one merchant should decide to retire or is otherwise removed from the market. However, you do go around the usual places of the exotic and new.

Old Man Sayyed usually sells goods from the the Tyreels, the great mountain range that separates Galahana from the rest of the continent. Usually, these are furs, antlers, amber, mountain shells or birds. Today, he has a small menagerie of mountaindwelling creatures such as the dire goat, alpine crocodile, toro and castellan hawk. These are exceedingly rare to see this far from the Tyreels and they cost quite a bit.

Juan is a travelling merchant who sets up shop every month in the Gold Street and always has interesting curios from his travels. Today, he has a unicorn horn, shrivelled dryad cloaca, amber-tongues, a curiously large barrel of elephant seal blubber, a perfectly preserved and still alive goose berry tree (it is quite a small specimen), a varied selection of goods (likely pilfered) from Mourono tombs, silver knives, talismans of the gods....it goes on and on. Juan is well-travelled, after all.

Hermana Eva is what is referred to as a monja, a form of female monk that cloister themselves in order to focus upon their faith. Eva and her order are remnants from a time prior to the arrival of your people in Galahana, before the Father and Sisters were known in these lands. Still, she's a nice enough woman. She comes to Gold Street every market day to sell charms or take orders for memorial icons. Memorial icons are another remainder of ancient times; small paintings that when pressed, move, make sound, conjure scent or otherwise elicit a reaction from the senses.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2020, 03:38:16 am »

Lets take a closer look in Juan's shop for something that could help us in out upcoming job.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2020, 05:58:56 am »

Well, you don't actually know where they'll assign you first. Inspectors tend to have to use a diverse range of resources, but usually of the mundane sort. Usually. That said, you don't notice anything that might be too helpful as an Inspector...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9