Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: WH40K Darktide. Despite the power of Chaos, the Imperium stands!  (Read 20179 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K Darktide. The War for Tertium Hive begins! Scrap Code Edition
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2022, 01:34:30 pm »

Friends and I finished the Zealot penance last night where you have to beat a Heresy run with < 1 health bar for 75% of the run in under 20 minutes.

Finished it in 14. Honestly was way easier than we thought it would be.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2022, 01:57:00 pm »

I haven't done that one yet.  Abhor the mutant is pretty annoying, you have to kill a mutant with a melee attack while charging, before the charge ends.  Basically you let your allies shoot it a couple times, charge it while it's throwing someone, and hit it with a heavy melee before you collide with it.  90% luck, but I got it.
Shoes...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 09, 2022, 04:54:04 pm »

I actually found the mutant-charge penance educational. After doing it, I started using mid-charge attacks all the time, and found them highly effective.

The Zealot penance I found annoying was the one that required hitting a sniper with a grenade from 40m. Just finding a room with that much space and throwing accurately was difficult enough, but then I have to deal with allies picking off the snipers the instant they appear.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:56:12 pm by Folly »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2022, 05:07:06 pm »

That one was easy for me, one spawned on an unreachable vantage in the mission where you have to take and hold the train
Shoes...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2022, 05:25:43 pm »

I haven't gotten abhor the mutant either. I seem to keep killing it after the charge instead of in the middle of it. There's a couple of times though I could have sworn I killed it mid charge but nothing popped up.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2022, 07:19:03 pm »

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2894619510&searchtext=types

Useful data here. HP totals and damage for enemies. But also some good tips and facts.

Like an Ogryn Charge or SS Grenade will make the Beast of Nurgle spit someone up.

And the one I found most interesting....not many enemies inflict actual corruption damage to your health. But the big one that will do it is one of the weeniest enemies in the game....Infested. You disregard them because they're horde and one of the weakest enemies in the game. But I'm guessing that's where the lion's share of corruption gets generated, outside of a Pox Burster.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2022, 06:29:40 am »

POX BURSTA
Love, scriver~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2022, 12:24:03 pm »

POX BURSTA
Don't sadly zealot charge doesn't work well at pushing them.  Surprisingly, simply pushing them works well, even mid jump.  (Same deal for dogs.  Feels much more forgiving/easy then pushing sneakrat/gasrat in V2.) 
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2022, 01:26:28 pm »

What the Zealot Charge is good for is getting out of the blast zone after you've triggered their detonation animation.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2022, 02:27:39 pm »

Been really enjoying this game, playing a Zealot mostly. I'm loving the Baby Space Marine combo of bolter plus heavy eviscerator chainsword. The chainsword carves everything lightweight to bits and revving it up lets you pretty much just remove specials on Malice difficulty and below.

The bolter is just the funniest nonsense, what with how comically large, heavy, and slow it is, plus the immense amount of damage and recoil it puts out. The incredibly authoritative sounds of reloading and racking the bolt just make it worth it.

Not played enough to get up to Heresy yet, I play with random allies and see a lot of squad wipes on Malice. All it takes is one unlucky spawn of two dogs or a dog and a mutant and suddenly the team is out.

Well, that and the seeming love of every teammate of poking the daemonhosts because "THIS TIME it'll definitely go better than last time who cares that we don't have an Ogryn to take aggro and haven't cleared the area of other enemies it'll be fine!"
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2022, 03:39:24 pm »

I'm torn. On the one hand, don't poke the trap bear. It's a trap.

On the other hand.....whether it's zeal or stupidity, you have to admire their refusal to let Heresy go unanswered.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2022, 04:32:06 pm »

Even better when, earlier today, a *bot* triggered the stupid Daemonhost after the rest of us made it past. It then tried to get me, but luckily my invulnerability kept me alive *just* long enough for us to take it down.

I didn't like the power hammer but I've started to figure it out...and boy did it do great damage to that daemonhost when the bot triggered it. Every charged hit was doing almost 10% of the thing's health. It was just a real nightmare to land said hits because of how slow the hammer is and how reluctant it is to hold the charged state for more than a quarter second.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2022, 04:36:04 pm »

That's how I feel when using the bolter on the daemonhost. When I land it does great, but hitting the damn thing is the tough part.
Sigtext

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2022, 02:36:20 pm »

Patch notes, planned for tomorrow.

One new mission, two new weapons (one zealot one ogryn, so not both ogryn), scattered fixes and some balancing. Lucius lasgun, headhunter, eviscerator, thunder hammer, force sword and revolver all buffed (some more than others), while power sword is nerfed a bit and plasma gun & bolter are sort of sidegraded? Kind of surprised there are no changes to class abilities.

Also the next tiny bit of crafting mentioned earlier.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2022, 02:57:38 pm »

I knew the Power Sword nerf was coming. The nerf seems somewhat reasonable though. Still not exactly thrilled, it's the only veteran melee weapon I feel didn't suck balls.

The Plasma Gun changes by and large look like a buff to ammo and heat management. Charged shots penetrating cover now is also very welcome.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 03:21:01 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18