Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 31008 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is cold and fears for the future
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2020, 08:32:01 am »

Oof, sorry to hear that!
Actually I’d like on cancel my request, it’s not assume bad as it looked and it looks like I’ll be able to play out D1 normally.

When I wake up.
Get well soon.

In other news, where's Caz? Persus13 has also been quiet, and the sad fact is that Day 1 attendance matters. Even worse is that I'm voting Persus13 and doing nothing about it.

Now that it's Thursday, though, I'd like to start discussing the future. I'd rather we No Lynched today, instead of normally pushing the lynch, simply because the chance we have a Town of 6 is high. Getting us to an odd number would be advisable.

I also think that advocating for a lynch might be difficult if 4maskwolf is out of the picture, and while he hasn't exactly contributed much yet, I can't push him for more until then. It's a hit to his credibility that he can't defend against, but we'll worry about that when he's back.

If more people are against that idea, then I would rather we lynched someone based entirely on their activity. Activity on Day 1 matters.

With that out of the way, I'd like Luckyowl and juicebox to start off with who they believe is most suspicious and least suspicious. All others need not apply, and are free to join in on the fun, though

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2020, 08:57:37 am »

I'm pretty fine with RP, as long as there's content besides RP. I'm generally not in favor of a No Lynch, but the set up might favor it here.

4maskwolf:
The last one, Paranormal 25. It was actually Leafsnail’s conspiracy theory but after town had basically already won Wuba started pushing it in the hopes of spicing up the final day (at least I think that was his justification, it’s been three years so I could be remembering wrong).
Man that's been awhile.

TricMagic:
I am tempted to just skip today and get to night.
Get back in here and talk.

juicebox/Luckyowl:
I mean I saw everyone was doing the whole Rping. So I wanted to throw in a character myself. If you want me to speak more frankly. I'm down for that as well.

I won't be engaging on D1. I have to see how the game progress before I start accusing anyone. I personally feel that it might be Webadict, but I know I am wrong and must wait awhile.

Also I sort of eluded [Redacted] I thought it was obvious, but I guess not. Which is a good thing on my part.

I personally think this isn't a very good strategy. Imo D1 you should try to interact with people as much as possible, and try to gather information based on people's responses, that way when you do actually want to accuse people, you can back up your case.
This, basically.

I'll also agree with what 4maskwolf is saying. Webadict is being a bit of a bully about it, but engaging with people in conversations is the main part of the game. As interesting as the night game can be, the day game does a lot of the work.

Roseheart:
I need to focus on other things/sleep, so I am withdrawing my vote of TricMagic.
When do you expect to get back here from your focus on other things?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Replacement needed (medical reasons)
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2020, 09:12:39 am »

In order of quotes, I am awake.

Juicebox, Tricmagic, and roseheart: Out of curiosity, how much experience do you have playing mafia or similar games?

This one is interesting. I've played quite a few games by now, but I've found it's the players that form the style of a game. What works in one may not apply to another forum.

...Sigh... Your ways with words are far greater than me. I am not a debater, as it is evidence in my writing. I can not trick you or trap you. I can  feel what you are doing, but I can not manifest it into words in a way that will leave baffled. I'm a sprout when it comes to this.

With no other option. I will follow...your advice: I am a medium. I can speak to the dead. That is it. That's my ability. I can't do anything now since I need  spirits to talk to.

New player, so they have the benefit of the doubt. Still, that isn't a role to unmask so early, and the info does you no good if everyone thinks you scum already. It would mostly depend on if you can target a player who is alive and talk to them if they die that night. Can you do that? If not, revealing it is very suspicious due to it being a Night 2+ power.

There is also my Skip to Night sentence. Note I put it out there as a hook, juicebox. And you seem to have taken it line and sinker. What's your response to this?

Moving on, Caz and Persus13. The latter still has some time to post something of actual substance, and plenty to do it with now. The former never showed up to the meeting place, and that's never good no matter the cause.

Oof, sorry to hear that!
Actually I’d like on cancel my request, it’s not assume bad as it looked and it looks like I’ll be able to play out D1 normally.

When I wake up.
Last bit, they've actually been posting enough, so I don't really have an issue with them being unable to contribute till day two. There are those who haven't yet.

Annoying as it is, webadict reads as town to me. Which is annoying, but true. Very annoying, since I have a sneaking feeling that he could give off that read as scum. Well it is what it is.

That's my morning sun post done. I am glad to see plenty of pages on waking up.

Nin~

Persus13, in answer of roseheart. When we wake up! you caught me as I was writing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2020, 09:28:33 am »

I'll also agree with what 4maskwolf is saying. Webadict is being a bit of a bully about it, but engaging with people in conversations is the main part of the game. As interesting as the night game can be, the day game does a lot of the work.
:o A bully? I resent that. An overly aggressive grandparent asking where your date is for Thanksgiving, maybe. A bully? Why, I never.

Also, what's your read on me?

Annoying as it is, webadict reads as town to me. Which is annoying, but true. Very annoying, since I have a sneaking feeling that he could give off that read as scum. Well it is what it is.
Fair. My usual problem is that I resort to what might normally be considered scummy tactics, so I feel the need to overcompensate by readily engaging with everyone, in order to verify that I have nothing to hide. Of course, that comes with the obvious caveat that if I am scum, then I am equally as dangerous to keep around as I am useful. Therein lies the quandary of the game, though. Am I doing this because I'm town or because I'm scum?

So, I must continue to be useful if I wish to play the way I do. And I do enjoy playing this way.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2020, 09:32:38 am »

:o A bully? I resent that. An overly aggressive grandparent asking where your date is for Thanksgiving, maybe. A bully? Why, I never.

Also, what's your read on me?
I'd call that grandparent a bully too. My read on you is that you're belligerent but leaning town. But its early days yet.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Replacement needed (medical reasons)
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2020, 09:37:34 am »

Oof, sorry to hear that!

When I wake up.
Last bit, they've actually been posting enough, so I don't really have an issue with them being unable to contribute till day two. There are those who haven't yet.
I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, because this feels like a take influenced by the games that you've played here (I only remember your name showing up on game lists towards then end of my active time here when Bay12 mafia was already pretty well on its way to dead) but this is super sus.  While I've technically provided more content than some people the sum total of my D1 content is "a bunch of short phone shitposts" and "One serious post that doesn't actually serve to advance the game because I'm basically talking out of game".  With a 2/8 scum team, assuming no extra kills the game can be in MYLO tomorrow, and someone missing 2/3s of D1 with that kind of content is really bad for the town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2020, 10:12:00 am »

But its early days yet.
Sounds like the perfect time to put me in my place, then, doesn't it?

I'm not trying to be hostile here. You're essentially inferring that I'm being antagonistic, but I do these for a good reason. But, overall, I don't feel a particular need to move my vote from you yet. And that feels bad because I know you're a better player than that.

So, let's do this in a less passive aggressive way for ya. I am now changing my reason for voting you from semi-random to interrogatory. I feel like you should be pushing back harder. Not just me because I'm voting you, but on some others who are cruising along. Given that you said "Get back in here and talk" to Tric, it feels like more of an optics move by you.

And since you believe I am leaning Town, I feel you should take all of that as a warning that you are leaning scum.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2020, 10:30:34 am »

But its early days yet.
Sounds like the perfect time to put me in my place, then, doesn't it?

I'm not trying to be hostile here. You're essentially inferring that I'm being antagonistic, but I do these for a good reason. But, overall, I don't feel a particular need to move my vote from you yet. And that feels bad because I know you're a better player than that.

So, let's do this in a less passive aggressive way for ya. I am now changing my reason for voting you from semi-random to interrogatory. I feel like you should be pushing back harder. Not just me because I'm voting you, but on some others who are cruising along. Given that you said "Get back in here and talk" to Tric, it feels like more of an optics move by you.

And since you believe I am leaning Town, I feel you should take all of that as a warning that you are leaning scum.
Why do you assume that being antagonistic is bad in a game where two people are lying about who they are? Mafia is all about being paranoid. You're being useful as long as you don't chase another new player out of the fun.

Oof, sorry to hear that!

When I wake up.
I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, because this feels like a take influenced by the games that you've played here (I only remember your name showing up on game lists towards then end of my active time here when Bay12 mafia was already pretty well on its way to dead) but this is super sus.  While I've technically provided more content than some people the sum total of my D1 content is "a bunch of short phone shitposts" and "One serious post that doesn't actually serve to advance the game because I'm basically talking out of game".  With a 2/8 scum team, assuming no extra kills the game can be in MYLO tomorrow, and someone missing 2/3s of D1 with that kind of content is really bad for the town.
I'm interested to see how Tric responds to this.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2020, 11:15:37 am »

Primarily, they have posted, and that info can be used later on in day 2. Issues in RL is a valid reason. The other reason is that can be used later when we have more information, even if it is rather short.

As a note, how does one use Mambo?

As for you Persus, why so hesitant? If webadict seems off, poke them a little. If I seem off, poke me a little. If Caz seems off, poke the lurker a little. One difference I can see in this game is quite a few major players missing, the ones who create pages of text trying to sus out whether the other is an imposter.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2020, 11:17:25 am »

I think we shouldn't lynch this day and see how the night plays. I doubt there will be any killing this night as it will only backfire on the mafia. If I were the mafia that's how I would play. Skip this night then attack following night, or even two nights after.

I do have my suspicion that Webadict might be scum, but the way he plays makes it so hard to tell...the thing that have been bothering me though, was this one instant where Webadict sort of broke out of character when Meph explained to me that I shouldn't post-edit my post. For that small glimmer he hissed like a cornered animal.

This makes me believe that Webadict is scum. But could it have been a ruse? Am I reading too much? Only time will tell.

Caz might be the scum. But I won't really flat out accuse him 100% until he explain his case.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2020, 11:30:58 am »

Yeah... Not getting out of my question that easily Luckyowl. Why did you reveal such a role so early?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2020, 11:33:56 am »

As a note, how does one use Mambo?
Mamobo is sadly in super alpha right now. I need to fix it so that information caches correctly (instead of re-pulling all the data again) and that it can read commands in threads that it watches and private messages. However, Mamobo is currently able to generate lurker tracks and vote counts, and if you would like another one, I'm not at my computer, so you'll have to wait for a few hours.

I do have my suspicion that Webadict might be scum, but the way he plays makes it so hard to tell...the thing that have been bothering me though, was this one instant where Webadict sort of broke out of character when Meph explained to me that I shouldn't post-edit my post. For that small glimmer he hissed like a cornered animal.
Oho? Seems like a bold move. I like it.

That brings up an interesting question: What would I be doing that you'd normally be looking for in scum? Perhaps rolefishing? I only posted a role I explicitly claimed I was lying about and I guess I got you to post yours? Perhaps catch me in the multiple lies I have already said were lies? Laying low? Okay, that one probably would never happen, even while my head feels like it's been hit with a hammer. Cause confusion among the Town? Debatable, but my playstyle could be argued for that. And just wait until I start chainsaw defending.

It's a tricky situation, right? It's why I want you to tell me who is most suspicious and least suspicious.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2020, 11:35:08 am »

Everyone: I feel like its worth pointing out that Caz was last on Bay12 over a week ago, which was a day after they Inned on this game. So unfortunately, he probably doesn't even know if he's town or scum yet.

As for you Persus, why so hesitant? If webadict seems off, poke them a little.
Quite simply, I don't think webadict seems off, so I haven't been poking at him. Glad you decided to engage today, what changed your mind?

Oof, sorry to hear that!

When I wake up.
In defense of Tric, you seem to be trying to be active and clearly having RL issues. Also, personally, bringing up the stakes of the game is generally a positive sign.

Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2020, 11:42:00 am »

As for you Persus, why so hesitant? If webadict seems off, poke them a little.
Quite simply, I don't think webadict seems off, so I haven't been poking at him. Glad you decided to engage today, what changed your mind?

Checks local time. No reason. My last message was at 5:38 PM. I went and played Hyrule Warriors for a bit before going to bed afterward, give or take a few messages. Some inconsistency, but not really enough for a reason to exist. As noted when you called me out as I was writing replies to stuff I read. What about you, why have you decided to be active today?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2020, 11:45:36 am »

I'm not talking out with friends/following election results like I was in my free time yesterday.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38